The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

so, as per GPU performance reference chart Adreno 330 is the fastest/best GPU right now?
what about Power VR SGX544MP4?

with all those tampered and cheated benchmarks that benchmark list is kind of wasted effort by me. Still, Adreno 800 looks to be ahead of SGX544MP4.

Superayush

Tech lover

Sam in your table

Spoiler:
Sony Xperia ZL: Packs same hardware as LG Nexus 4 but with a waterproof body and a memory card slot. If possible increase budget by 3-4k and jump to next section.

I guess u meant ZR

Also in Indian brands of your personal choice u missed 5-10k range

Thx for your guide :)

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Sam in your table

Spoiler:
Sony Xperia ZL: Packs same hardware as LG Nexus 4 but with a waterproof body and a memory card slot. If possible increase budget by 3-4k and jump to next section.

I guess u meant ZR

i meant ZL. not much difference with a higher resolution display which i forget to add.

Also in Indian brands of your personal choice u missed 5-10k range

Thx for your guide :)

ah crap. i wrote 10-15k instead of 5-10k. fixed.

Superayush

Tech lover

Hey I wanted to ask if I wanna give suggestions about any nexus device where should I send mail (Google play/lg) .
(I actually wanna just drop a mail to them to pls have a 3000mah battery variant for nexus 5 ;) )

somi96

Journeyman

GUyz after hourz of searching d internet .... i'm still not satisfied which one iz bttr xolo q700 or q800 (will b buying frm flipkart) plz help me out...nd with relevant reasons also if possible...

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

GUyz after hourz of searching d internet .... i'm still not satisfied which one iz bttr xolo q700 or q800 (will b buying frm flipkart) plz help me out...nd with relevant reasons also if possible...

Q700 IMO as it cheaper and comes with 4.2 out of the box and has 5mp cam
Q800 has same specs as Q700 but comes with 4.1 and has 8mp cam

So if you dont care about camera too much then go for Q700

Superayush

Tech lover

Sam Gionee elife e5 has 1.5ghz mediatek mt6589T :)

Also a really really important query

Recently lumia 920 price has been slashed to 21k

*www.flipkart.com/nokia-lumia-920/p/itmdgzhhdvrz5rgm?pid=MOBDGZJ83XQ6EJPC&otracker=variants

Is there some catch ?

Last edited:
OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Sam Gionee elife e5 has 1.5ghz mediatek mt6589T :)

thanks for pointing out. fixed

Also a really really important query

Recently lumia 920 price has been slashed to 21k

Nokia Lumia 920 Price in India - Buy Nokia Lumia 920 White Online - Nokia: Flipkart.com

Is there some catch ?

HTC 8X is selling for sub 20k, so maybe Microsoft removed the licensing fee to promote WP8. or maybe Nokia will discontinue 920 in favor of 925. with 1020 taking 925's place.

Superayush

Tech lover

HTC 8X is selling for sub 20k, so maybe Microsoft removed the licensing fee to promote WP8. or maybe Nokia will discontinue 920 in favor of 925. with 1020 taking 925's place.

Query......correct me if I am wrong the only diff btw 925 and 920 is screen and build and for that there is like 7k price gap..?
But that make lumia 920 a good buy and funny part is lumia 820 is available for 20k

raj_in

In the zone

Panasonic T11 & Sony Xperia C
both have same Processor & GPU
but why a difference of 10k between them?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Query......correct me if I am wrong the only diff btw 925 and 920 is screen and build and for that there is like 7k price gap..?
But that make lumia 920 a good buy and funny part is lumia 820 is available for 20k

925 has a bigger sensor. but the non-expandable memory with only 16GB storage is definitely a deal breaker.

Panasonic T11 & Sony Xperia C
both have same Processor & GPU
but why a difference of 10k between them?

slightly better processor (same variant) and higher resolution screen. Still 19k is way too much for XC. Somewhere around 15-16k would have been appropriate.

raj_in

In the zone

sam buying a new phone within the next week or so
looking for a value buy (must be a value buy price not of much concern can go till 7k-15k)
a solid phone
probably looking too use it for 2yrs or so

confused between
lumia 520 @ 6800
& xperia M @ 11500

i feel the 520 is great pick at that price & leaning towards it
should i go for it?

Top Bottom