The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Superayush

Tech lover
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

Before this year end, true octa core phone is getting released no news on India release. BTW why do u care about octa core phone

If they are able to launch phones having this chip for around 15k and with no battery/heating issues I can buy a phone and taunt my friends high end phones in terms if performance :D

kaz

right here

The latest Octa from Mediatek score 32600 on Antutu, the higgest Antutu score till date. Intex is launching one with that processor for 20k in Jan'14

P.S. - Coming Soon Snapdragon 805 with Adreno 420 and LG is also entering into chip manufacturing(octa+quad). Yet no competition now for the 64-bit Apple's A7. :'(

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Guys what do you think of
Spice coolpad2 mi496 @6k(50% disc)
*www.ebay.in/itm/190977649825?_qi=RTM1624720

kaz

right here

^Google should announce support for 64 bit processors before any OEM can use the same..

I thought that hardware is required before any Software Development to begin but is like that they can start development for armv8 architecture without having the real hardware?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

^its crap if you can spend a bit more grab XOLO Q600...
btw whats your budget

Wanted a spare phone at home so just a thought came to my mind. Thanks for the info.

Now to my other query for my friend...

Which Android phones comes with minimum 8gb internal memory apart from Xperia L?
OR
Suggest some phone with 4gb internal memory but can transfer apps to memory card.

Also Dual Sim would be added advantage under 14k.

getting Sony Xperia L @ 14435 - 500 coupon disc

Note: He does not want to get into rooting

shubhs4frndz

Right off the assembly line
Phone for awesome music quality with equalisering options available.

Hey guys. I'm looking for a phone with decent audio quality (with headphones, don't care much about loudspeaker) Budget is like 8-18k . I have owned a Samsung galaxy y before and I didn't like its music quality at all. However it had great support and I got very good results with Beats audio for sgy (basically modified dsp manager for any rom)
I am open to any brand , including gionne ,xolo, micromax et cetera. Xperia L's hardware look decent enough and also sony is a decent brand. From what I heard ,sony is believed to produce some nice music phones. But the data at gsm arena doesn't seem up to the mark to me.
Sony Xperia L review: Xperia Lite - GSMArena.com
However I do not blindly trust the theoretical data since gsmarena rates galaxy y as a nice audio quality phone . (despite being shitty actually)
Afaik only Samsung galaxy s (i9000) has a wolfson dac and there are not much mid range handsets with a quality dac . My friend tested canvas hd but he was very disappointed with its audio quality, so I don't trust other Indian brands with audio either. (I know I shouldn't generalize but still)

Ps: I use soundmagic e10 and creative ep630 for music.

harish82

Broken In

Thanks everyone for your insight advices.
I had decided to opt for Xolo Q700 and I went to buy it from local stores. Out of stock everywhere :-x. No stock arriving since Diwali. More than one shopkeepers are saying that Q700 will be discontinue and Xolo is going to launch a replacement model (not Q700i) in the same range. So now I have question that shall I still buy it (online Flipkart/Indiatimes) or wait for new model or buy a XM? :???:
Please suggest.

Finally .. I ordered Q700 at 8899/- on FK and got it delivered in just 2.5 days exactly... So far so good.. very brilliant display.. no lag so far for games.. camera is good (not very good, but still satisfactory). Being my first android , I am completely into it for last 2 days... Thanks Guys for your valuable suggestions..

Now only problem is app2sd issue . Waiting for Xolo to release an official update.

ankush28

Bazinga

@shubhs4frndz
Get xperia L its good for music too...
Btw Galaxy Y's audio quality isnt that crap :p

shubhs4frndz

Right off the assembly line

haha maybe I over said things about galaxy y. But I personally liked my sgy only because of audio mods . The 5.1 channel sucks . (Its probably just a samsung thing, haven't tested that on a lot of devices yet)
Any xperia L user here? How's development support for it? Sgy had great support but no one could port / develop cm for sgy without major bugs.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

haha maybe I over said things about galaxy y. But I personally liked my sgy only because of audio mods . The 5.1 channel sucks . (Its probably just a samsung thing, haven't tested that on a lot of devices yet)
Any xperia L user here? How's development support for it? Sgy had great support but no one could port / develop cm for sgy without major bugs.

XL has a alpha AOSP 4.4.1 build for it ATM and CM11 is in development for it ;)

Any views on xolo q800 x edition or q700 or q700i?
Any alternatives?

Q700/Q700i is a great phone for the money.
If possible go for Q700i which has a 8 mp cam and allows moving apps to SD (q700 can't but that can he fixed by flashing q700i firmware)
Dunno about Q800 but its basically same as Q700 now after the HW downgrade.

sksundram

In the zone

Not same, q700 has better battery backup, ogs screen, OTG support but inferior camera. q800 doesn't have these advantages but has better camera. I chose it just because of the camera. q800x is same as q800 but has mtk6589 processor. q800 selling now is mtk6589w-m. Xolo has downgraded the cpu as well as the gpu clock. On paper it would seem a big difference but in reality there's not much of a difference. No lag whatsoever in xolo q800 mtk6589w-m model that i have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom