The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

sushovan

In the zone
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

Hi Sam, I am looking for an Android in 7-11k range , 4-4.3 screen and good camera. I have narrowed down to following choices based on your guide : (Also mentioned my doubts with each option)
1) Xperia M : Heard of not good camera. Is the camera that bad?
2) Panasonic T11 : Configuration looks good , but afraid of the new entrant Panasonic and its A.S.S.
3) Xolo Q700 : Has 4.5' screen which putting me off.

Please suggest your idea and also suggest if there is any other phone apart from this. Thanks :)

Huawei Ascend p1 or Xolo Q700

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

In post #3, Asha 210's link is also wrong. :)

fixed :oops:

isn't P1 discontinued? moreover really old model with kind of old H/W.

Hi Sam, I am looking for an Android in 7-11k range , 4-4.3 screen and good camera. I have narrowed down to following choices based on your guide : (Also mentioned my doubts with each option)
2) Panasonic T11 : Configuration looks good , but afraid of the new entrant Panasonic and its A.S.S.

Please suggest your idea and also suggest if there is any other phone apart from this. Thanks :)

Q700 if you want to keep your budget below 10 yet want best VFM.

harish82

Broken In

Thanks sushovan. P1 had good camera and screen ..but it is out of stock most of the places (online/local stores).

fixed :oops:
isn't P1 discontinued? moreover really old model with kind of old H/W.
Q700 if you want to keep your budget below 10 yet want best VFM.
Q700 is really looking good. I will have hands on it once and will then finalize.Thanks. Btw any idea Q700 will get next android updates (Not mandatory for me though)?

sushovan

In the zone

So far no mediatek phones got 4.4. But Q700 has plenty of modders/devs as its hugely popular and There are some cool custom ROMs ;)

kaz

right here

Q700 is really looking good. I will have hands on it once and will then finalize.Thanks. Btw any idea Q700 will get next android updates (Not mandatory for me though)?

One of my friend has one. He has got updates twice within few weeks of buying not in terms of Android version but some bug fixes means that devs at Xolo are working hard. You might be lucky if it gets 4.4

There is also an upgraded version xolo q700i

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"

my xperia x10 camera is 100 times better than Xperia M camera
really the x10 has a very good camera, seriously (of course in daylight and no noise, good work Sony ERICSSON)

Q700 has low in call volume?
this is bothering me like anything, currently own a Xperia M (got from amazon and will return it soon in 5 days)
due to heating to 40degrees problem if brightness=full immediatelly within 5 minutes

harish82

Broken In

Thanks everyone for your insight advices.
I had decided to opt for Xolo Q700 and I went to buy it from local stores. Out of stock everywhere :-x. No stock arriving since Diwali. More than one shopkeepers are saying that Q700 will be discontinue and Xolo is going to launch a replacement model (not Q700i) in the same range. So now I have question that shall I still buy it (online Flipkart/Indiatimes) or wait for new model or buy a XM? :???:
Please suggest.

Re: Mobile Reference Guide: January 2012

Wow Wide range of cell phones, here are India's best mobile phones guide is given. I liked it thank you so much for sharing this information. Here is also some reviews on best mobile phones used in India must check.

Nexus 5
Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 : Review
Micromax A240 Canvas Doodle 2: Review
Micromax Canvas 4: Review
Micromax Canvas 2 Plus :Review
Samsung’s newest innovation: The curved Galaxy Round smartphone

ankush28

Bazinga

Here is also some reviews on best mobile phones used in India must check

huh????
mmx crapos :facepalm:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Wow Wide range of cell phones, here are India's best mobile phones guide is given. I liked it thank you so much for sharing this information. Here is also some reviews on best mobile phones used in India must check.

Nexus 5
Samsung’s newest innovation: The curved Galaxy Round smartphone

Your post lost its credibilty when you mentioned Micromax cr@p and Galaxy Round after Nexus 5.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone

How is Nokia 515 btw ? I know they have gone for premium build construction but is it really worth the price ?

Corning Gorilla Glass 2(impressive, really)
Dual-band 3G with HSDPA(I don't know how am I going to use it)
S40 6th edition(some Java based OS)
5MP camera with LED flash(A first in this category)
256MB internal storage, 64MB RAM(microSD upto 32GB)
1200mAh Li-Ion battery

Still, GSMarena seems to be bang on about its profile

GSMarena said:
What could've made it even better is a slimmer profile - particularly given that the very definition of slim has profoundly changed. The slim waistline of the likes of the 6300 and the 6500 classic earned them a prominent place in the Nokia hall of fame, but today they would be considered about average. A couple of millimeters off the waistline would've made the 515 near impossible to resist for anyone with fond memories of the old days

The Nokia 515 is more a travelling executive's backup phone. The dual-SIM version will fit that job nicely too

Source

cromaretail employee?:|
True, arvindrao15 Y U No upload Croma logo as your avatar ?

Top Bottom