The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Mobile Buying Guide

sam buying a new phone within the next week or so
looking for a value buy (must be a value buy price not of much concern can go till 7k-15k)
a solid phone
probably looking too use it for 2yrs or so

confused between
lumia 520 @ 6800
& xperia M @ 11500

i feel the 520 is great pick at that price & leaning towards it
should i go for it?

Both are excellent phones. Depends on your OS preference.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

as AlphaQ said, OS is the main difference. having used both WP8 & Android, you won't miss anything with WP and 520's camera outperforms most android mobiles under 15k, even without flash.

TechnoHolic

Journeyman

Panasonic phones are made by Alcatel.
Recently released Panasonic T31 = Alcatel One Touch Magic

Proof
Panasonic T31 budget Android 4.2 smartphone launched for Rs. 7,990 | NDTV Gadgets
=
Alcatel One Touch Magic Dual-core Dual-SIM Android Phone Sells For Sub-5K Price - HardwareZone.com.ph

raj_in

In the zone

thanks sam
yes the cam is a big factor
the xperia M sucks in my opinion even with flash

going for 520
thanks for your help

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz

thanks sam
yes the cam is a big factor
the xperia M sucks in my opinion even with flash

going for 520
thanks for your help

Might want to wait and see what Nokia announces today.They are due to announce a few new devices including a refresh of the L520 so i suggest you wait and see before buying.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Might want to wait and see what Nokia announces today.They are due to announce a few new devices including a refresh of the L520 so i suggest you wait and see before buying.

1520 and most likely 525. 525 will take time and won't be dirt cheap like 520.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

2520 runs on Windows RT. Samsung and Asus already dumped this OS. no hope.

1320 for 339$. if it lands here, should be priced just below 625. hope Nokia doesn't discontinue 920 in favor of 1320. expecting a big pricecut on 625 anytime now. and this time they didn't compromise on the display like they did with 625.

quagmire

Allllright !

^1320 price won't be less than 21-22k. Is it worth so much considering its camera performance isn't stellar?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^1320 price won't be less than 21-22k. Is it worth so much considering its camera performance isn't stellar?

those who want a phablet don't really care about camera performance till it clicks proper images. there are not many 6" phones and even less number of peoples who want a massive 6" phone. 5" is considered massive, 6" is only for selected ones who think 5" is "small". but 1320 has a sensor slightly smaller than more camera focused phones and because it'll come with next revision of WP8, camera quality should improve further. they should have made 1320 a little bit more pocket friendly with 5" screen while retaining the same resolution display.

raj_in

In the zone

sam which better in terms of raw performance
xperia L or C

PS: today i will be receiving my 520 :excited: :D

roshan4uever

Broken In

Sam,

Could you plz suggest me the phone.. My budget 13K to 18K max.

Preference.
1 Gaming
2 Camera.
3 Display size 4 inch or more

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

under 15k, this mobile is hard to beat. Gionee Elife E5 has similar hardware but bumps the internal memory to 16GB and cost 2k more. Else Sony Xperia L.

Xolo Q900 is also nice and has a smaller screen at 4.7 inch while other specs match Magnus

Also cheaper at 13k

roshan4uever

Broken In

under 15k, this mobile is hard to beat. Gionee Elife E5 has similar hardware but bumps the internal memory to 16GB and cost 2k more. Else Sony Xperia L.

Thanks Sam..

i was following ur tread. it says Dual krait processor is good for gaming Compare to Mediatek .. so i plan to go for Sony M dual or L .

Sony M Dual could be a good choice ???

Top Bottom