Tekfusion Twinwoofers - A Complete Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ill check the burn-in guide and follow the same. also I never tried them on a computer .. need to check how BF3 sounds on em :D..

BTW can you guys list some songs for testing out my pair?? we should include list of test songs.. this would help other IEM/headphone users too ..

@OP : can you rephrase the bold part, it was quite confusion for me .. had to read it thrice to understand :p
Bass will not be punchy at first, until you burn in for at least 50 hours
This may be a big problem for those who are not patient! So, just keep listening to all your music, for 4-5 hours in a cycle, and i think you'll have burn-in properly

also list all the members using this IEM's in the first post :)

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Guys very good news for all of us :doublethumb:

Now hifinage has the VSonics and astrotec earphones. These earphones has got the best value and sound score rating in joker's biggest thread :doublethumb::clap2:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Used it in my PC for the first time and played BF3, the explosions sound so much better, in fact drastic change. I really cant say how much I was missing when I was using my Panasonic headphones :|

BTW I am not getting a proper audio setting in my comp,90% of the time I dont listen to music on my PC; so use only Media Player :)facepalm:) or VLC. need to check with how iTunes performs. I will experiment with settings this weekend. may be time to check for other players (Jet Audio? )

Guys very good news for all of us :doublethumb:

Now hifinage has the VSonics and astrotec earphones. These earphones has got the best value and sound score rating in joker's biggest thread :doublethumb::clap2:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Used it in my PC for the first time and played BF3, the explosions sound so much better, in fact drastic change. I really cant say how much I was missing when I was using my Panasonic headphones :|

BTW I am not getting a proper audio setting in my comp,90% of the time I dont listen to music on my PC; so use only Media Player :)facepalm:) or VLC. need to check with how iTunes performs. I will experiment with settings this weekend. may be time to check for other players (Jet Audio? )

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Oops I forgot to give link of website :rolleyes:

hifinage.com

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
ill check the burn-in guide and follow the same. also I never tried them on a computer .. need to check how BF3 sounds on em :D..

BTW can you guys list some songs for testing out my pair?? we should include list of test songs.. this would help other IEM/headphone users too ..

@OP : can you rephrase the bold part, it was quite confusion for me .. had to read it thrice to understand :p

also list all the members using this IEM's in the first post :)

I was following Tekfusion's burn in guide the other day. They advice you to play different genres of music 4-5hours a day, for many days. This way, you will have properly burned-in your pair after your 40th hour.

I would recommend hip hop songs, trance and all the modern music genres to be highly recommended when playing with the Twinwoofers.

Chandarraju

Right off the assembly line
Good review @audiophilic (although I don't understand some of it :p)

Most of the negative comments (in FlipKart) say that the device is not durable.
How long have you used?
I read comments that they will last only for a 4 to 5 months. How true is that?

Do you suggest them for not a IEM collector but a normal user (who maintains well) who looks forward to use for an year.

Thanks,
Chandar.

OP
audiophilic

audiophilic

Journeyman
Good review @audiophilic (although I don't understand some of it :p)

Most of the negative comments (in FlipKart) say that the device is not durable.
How long have you used?
I read comments that they will last only for a 4 to 5 months. How true is that?

Do you suggest them for not a IEM collector but a normal user (who maintains well) who looks forward to use for an year.

Thanks,
Chandar.

Thanks. I think the durability of any IEM doesn't really depend on how well it was built (well, to certain degree it does) but for most of the part, it also depends on how well you use it. :p

I'm a keen user, so many of my IEMs last for about 2 years after which the sound loses its original signature, or one thing here or there gets out of its place. :cool:

So far, for 4 months, i haven't had any issues with my pair. I think some of the comments you read came from careless users. So, i think this pair will last me for at least another 10 months, or even more, who knows. Hoping for using it for longer than that. :razz:

Currently listening to "kirsty - hawkshaw meets tenishia reasons to forgive (the_blizzard_remix)" :-D

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Somehow missed the review at the first place. And more surprisingly, found this review via google search. :p
@Anybody: What is its present price?

sarthak.uiit

I just now received the pair of TW now.
I don't understand why there is so much of HYPE about these earphones.

I had skull candy earphones before.
They stopped working,
So I went through the comments on this product in many websites.

Everywhere there is positive feedback about it. Not just positive feedback .
Much more than that.

I have not done burn-in yet.
But these earphones sound like any other normal earphones which you can buy for 400-600 rs.
Earphones which I had earlier were far better than this one, which I bought for 900 rs.

I am not 100% sure , but I am very sure that many reviews given here are pre-designed and just to promote the product.

My VOTE for this product is NO as of now.
Lets see after Burn-in.

chetan7788

I think you're right. Looks like people may not be aware of burn-in :D and may judge these IEMs earlier than they think they've heard them. Thanks for the point.

Also, as i said, i'll be writing another in-depth review on these, as i'm still burning-them in, although now i can say i'm pretty much in a position to tell their soundstage. Suddenly after burning in for some 80 hours, i can hear more detail. And the separation of the mids from highs is getting better. And the bass - i simply can't describe it. Its too good.

Can u pls update hw r your earphones working after significant amount of burn time ?? Also, a lot is been said about tekfusion guys posting fake reviews. Its creating a litle confusion in my mind. Do you any more links where review is posted by some expert or sites where all such products are reviewed ??? Pls help.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I am getting a little distortion in the right earphone. crackling sound - only some times. should I be worried? or should I report it to Flipkart???

Hrishi

I am getting a little distortion in the right earphone. crackling sound - only some times. should I be worried? or should I report it to Flipkart???

Are you ure its not the Driver FLex @RCuber. ?
Since , it scompletely sealed pair of IEM , it gives a crackling sound , when trying to insert or push against the ear canal.

However , if the sound is interrupting the music playback , you should report it to Flipkart and they will replace it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Is it completely sealed ? Check there will be vent at the bottom near strain reliefs or any other concealed position.

Driver flex (popping sound) is only experienced while inserting these in ears and that depends on the tips used. If it's continuous crackling then the problem is different.

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
I just now received the pair of TW now.
I don't understand why there is so much of HYPE about these earphones.

I had skull candy earphones before.
They stopped working,
So I went through the comments on this product in many websites.

Everywhere there is positive feedback about it. Not just positive feedback .
Much more than that.

I have not done burn-in yet.
But these earphones sound like any other normal earphones which you can buy for 400-600 rs.
Earphones which I had earlier were far better than this one, which I bought for 900 rs.

I am not 100% sure , but I am very sure that many reviews given here are pre-designed and just to promote the product.

My VOTE for this product is NO as of now.
Lets see after Burn-in.

You are correct. There is so much hype of this earphones I have seen only in this forum and on flipkart reviews. There is nothing special in this earphones. They are just "bright" sounding earphones.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Are you ure its not the Driver FLex @RCuber. ?
Since , it scompletely sealed pair of IEM , it gives a crackling sound , when trying to insert or push against the ear canal.

However , if the sound is interrupting the music playback , you should report it to Flipkart and they will replace it.

^^Is it completely sealed ? Check there will be vent at the bottom near strain reliefs or any other concealed position.

Driver flex (popping sound) is only experienced while inserting these in ears and that depends on the tips used. If it's continuous crackling then the problem is different.

no its not Driver Flex issue, I get the distortion only twice or thrice a day, and that too at very high frequency range. it doesn't affect much, but the cracking is a little noticeable. ill check for another one week and then report. the IEM are burned in nicely and I am enjoying it, so I am a little reluctant to go for a replacement as I will have to go through the burn-in process again :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
When did they release the white version :shock:

*img5.flixcart.com/image/headphone/u/h/z/tekfusion-tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones-275x275-imadd6mfkuqvvyxk.jpeg

Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones | Headphone | Flipkart.com

EDIT: BTW im not facing that distortion anymore.. I didn't notice it form last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom