TDF Upgraded - Post bugs here please

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
User CP and Reviews button are not getting highlighted in the top menu when we are in those corresponding pages.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
tapatalk started working fine.. its much better than using the mobile web version :)

Flash

Lost in speed
This is related to the tagging.

"Is there a feature in vBulletin that autolist/autosuggest usernames registered in the forum if we type like @username? (just like G+'s +username in Search)".

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I can't say whether this has been pointed out earlier or not, or it's being experienced my only me or others too, but there's a pretty wierd thing happening. As far as I've used TDF, clicking on the UserCP button takes you to usercp.php page where it lists the threads having new posts since your last visit to that thread. Many a times it even displays threads where you've read the latest post, or even those where you posted last, and many a times, it fails to list any.
Apart from that there's another issue of multiple postings, which are pretty evident from a number of posts, and I think this has definitely been reported.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I can't say whether this has been pointed out earlier or not, or it's being experienced my only me or others too, but there's a pretty wierd thing happening. As far as I've used TDF, clicking on the UserCP button takes you to usercp.php page where it lists the threads having new posts since your last visit to that thread. Many a times it even displays threads where you've read the latest post, or even those where you posted last, and many a times, it fails to list any.
Apart from that there's another issue of multiple postings, which are pretty evident from a number of posts, and I think this has definitely been reported.
What you are describing is the normal behaviour of User CP. The way it has been all these years.

1) Subscribed threads which have seen new posts since your last visit.
2) If you post in a thread for the current session, it also gets displayed in User CP.
3) If in a new session, you directly open a random subscribed thread which had seen new post(s) (open directly, not via User CP), and then go to User CP... User CP will still display that thread... albeit not in Bold. Sometimes in Bold because of caching issues.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
What you are describing is the normal behaviour of User CP. The way it has been all these years.

1) Subscribed threads which have seen new posts since your last visit.
2) If you post in a thread for the current session, it also gets displayed in User CP.
3) If in a new session, you directly open a random subscribed thread which had seen new post(s) (open directly, not via User CP), and then go to User CP... User CP will still display that thread... albeit not in Bold. Sometimes in Bold because of caching issues.
That clears the thing partly (listing in bold, possibly due to caching issues). Any comments about multiple posts?

Flash

Lost in speed
This is related to the tagging.

"Is there a feature in vBulletin that autolist/autosuggest usernames registered in the forum if we type like @username? (just like G+'s +username in Search)".

So. Tagging/mentioning is not going to be implemented.
From what we've last heard, there's an idea given for making @mention - ON/OFF.

*www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243510

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I dunno about multiple posts. I'm not able to reproduce this problem. :(
Here are a few examples:
1. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-556.html#post1780170
2. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-553.html#post1774183
3. This *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-550.html#post1768838 and after that this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-551.html#post1768985
Has happened with me multiple times and after posting, I edited the post to correct this issue.

There are many such posts, I hope things get pretty clear.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No multiple post problem yet for me either from Web-browser or Tapatalk. Might be user end or even browser problem.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ May be that's a browser issue. We may try remembering the browser the next time this happens. But, being a problem at the user's end, is quite hard as there are many users who are facing this.
I'm using Mozilla Firefox (Version 16.0.2) and Google Chrome (Version 22.0.1229.94 m). Most of the times (more than 90%), I'm using Google Chrome for TDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom