TDF Playdates V2.0

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yeah sad for you.....we really did tried to work it out for ya, maybe today [MENTION=22661]ManiDhillon[/MENTION] would be able to troubleshoot the problem, after all he is the Admin and Admin is always right. :D

All-fvckin-ways :D

- - - Updated - - -

We notified all (including you) three weeks in advance about GRAW2 playdate. Even a person with 128 kbps bandwidth can download 3 GB in that much time. You excuse for skipping the download/playdate please?

Read the same I replied to [MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION] . We are playing GRAW2 for three weeks now, next playdate is still GRAW2, how much have you downloaded?

The problem is everyone talk about playing but only a few are there to play. Even if you start downloading right now, you could play with us tomorrow. Please show you dedication and download it, we will be more than happy to have more players.

even in the whatsapp group we let all of you know..

and only a few [Mani, Me, Kunal, sometimes Tanmay] talk about joining games. others just yap about 'these these' games should be played..

after all, unless all of you guys are actually there, its just useless talk..

DDIF

Custom User Title
^^ [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] my words exactly and [MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] you are right, we even notified on WhatsApp group also.
Now I don't wanna sound impolite neither I am targeting anyone specifically. But I wanna ask you Desomnd that how many times have I messaged you on Steam about joining a game only to be either ignored or to get "I don't have this" and in one minute I will see you in DOTA2.
I knew some of you guys have older systems thats why I advised [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] about GRAW2 and games like that because they are graphically good but not much resource hungry.
Now you all can see that [MENTION=145360]kunalht[/MENTION] and [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] posted numerous time in the thread about future playdates so one can download them in advanced but did any one heed?
No one. I get it that everyone wants their favorite game to be played as PD but guess what even then others won't join. Point is why is everyone posting something if someone is not going to join?
Just tell that I won't be joining this/that game because I don't like it, so I will attend the next playdate.
I effing hate TMNF and DOTA2, so I will never be joining that, whats the problem in admitting it. I will be happy to join any other FPS or RPG for PD.
I politely wanna present to you guys only four points to follow:

1. Do you wanna play GRAW2/Rainbow Six Vegas 2?
2. If answer is YES then why haven't you download any yet?
3. If answer is NO then what is the point of trolling?
4. If you are unsure, please go to #1.

I am really sorry if I sounded rude. Just my ranting.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The reason I haven't downloaded GRAW2 is because I don't have the funds to buy it now. Also, I feel a moral dilemma about downloading *cough*.

But I will try to hit the next playdate as best as I can. :D

- - - Updated - - -

^^ [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] my words exactly and [MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] you are right, we even notified on WhatsApp group also.
Now I don't wanna sound impolite neither I am targeting anyone specifically. But I wanna ask you Desomnd that how many times have I messaged you on Steam about joining a game only to be either ignored or to get "I don't have this" and in one minute I will see you in DOTA2.
I knew some of you guys have older systems thats why I advised [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] about GRAW2 and games like that because they are graphically good but not much resource hungry.
Now you all can see that [MENTION=145360]kunalht[/MENTION] and [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] posted numerous time in the thread about future playdates so one can download them in advanced but did any one heed?
No one. I get it that everyone wants their favorite game to be played as PD but guess what even then others won't join. Point is why is everyone posting something if someone is not going to join?
Just tell that I won't be joining this/that game because I don't like it, so I will attend the next playdate.
I effing hate TMNF and DOTA2, so I will never be joining that, whats the problem in admitting it. I will be happy to join any other FPS or RPG for PD.
I politely ask you guys three questions:

Well, I HAVE Dota 2, that's why I can play that at any time.

Also, my deepest apologies, but I never wanted to ignore your messages. However, because I work in shifts, I turn on my PC and then go to sleep. When I wake up, I see your messages but you are online. Therefore, I don't see the point of replying since the game that you were inviting me for might have already ended.

DDIF

Custom User Title
The reason I haven't downloaded GRAW2 is because I don't have the funds to buy it now.
It is on amazon.in for INR 284/- , still having funds problem? Last week it was available for INR 180/- and this was even posted in this thread.

Also, I feel a moral dilemma about downloading *cough*.
Oh really, I know you have never downloaded any *cough* versions before. Remember COD4?
GRAW2 can be played without cracking and without using CD key on LAN.

Also, my deepest apologies, but I never wanted to ignore your messages. However, because I work in shifts, I turn on my PC and then go to sleep. When I wake up, I see your messages but you are online. Therefore, I don't see the point of replying since the game that you were inviting me for might have already ended.
No need to apologize, but rather than being silent or thinking a simple yes/no is good.

Well, I HAVE Dota 2, that's why I can play that at any time.
If you wanna play with us, you gotta download/buy games other than DOTA2, so I guess you either need to skip your dilemma or need to loosen up some dough.

But I will try to hit the next playdate as best as I can. :D
Next playdate is still GRAW2, the playdate after that will be either Rainbow Six Vegas 2 or Day Of Defeat Source, download then.
You have been officially notified.

Sorry again if I am rude but I am feeling a bit of irritation.
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION], thats like a real mod. You are right.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
what's happening here
let's just be nice and rational, we will try to solve these problem

[MENTION=121491]rajatGod512[/MENTION], tribes ascend didn't work for a few people. This was a bummer. In the week leading up to tribes ascend, only gameranand, and snap played. It's a good game, hang on to it. At least I will play more of it, others might decide to revisit it. Additionally, it requires in game currency to host matches, which is not suitable for Hamachi-LAN play.

why are so many games being announced... we are looking at preference of those who ready to join and play. we have steam group discussion almost every night. There have been playdates of GRAW2, Tribes Ascend, Left 4 Dead 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, TMNF... but overlapping groups joined all of these, and always one or two people missed out on some games. We have clan and game in GRP too, but not sure if that's a playdate or not. we gonna continue playing most of the games, these are all good games, and there are only a handful of such titles which fit our requirements anyway.

We have been trying actually few games, even left GRAW2 as playdate for additional week so everyone can get and join, instead of changing it again this week only to rainbow six.

[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] do something for rainbow 6

PS, tried loadout it was fun, what is good hybrid rts + fps LAN multiplayer game that will keep both DOTA guys and FPS likers happy?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
^ Playing R6V2 was never more fun than playing with you guys especially [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] [MENTION=511]kunal[/MENTION] [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION].

And I support rajatGod512 comment, I was able to play with you guys because I had the game already not because I could download in that time.

Also we should switch games genre. All the games we played were shooting vs only one racing game. There are some good RTS LAN game too.

The pd of q3 and tmnf got many players because it's very less in size. So let's give preference to small games too. So guys like limited bandwidth also join.

gameranand

Living to Play
^ Playing R6V2 was never more fun than playing with you guys especially [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] [MENTION=511]kunal[/MENTION] [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION].

And I support rajatGod512 comment, I was able to play with you guys because I had the game already not because I could download in that time.

Also we should switch games genre. All the games we played were shooting vs only one racing game. There are some good RTS LAN game too.

The pd of q3 and tmnf got many players because it's very less in size. So let's give preference to small games too. So guys like limited bandwidth also join.

Well we can't arrange for playdates of games which a single person have, now can we ?? It just happened by chance. Also size of any games that we have decided is less than 5 GB which I don't think is too much, I mean if you can't even DL 4-5 games for Playdates alone to play with friends then sorry, I can't do anything about it.
If your downoad speed is 64 KB/s (512 kbps) and you download for 1 hour everyday then you can download 3 GB in 15 days. Only one hour a day, is it too much to ask???

OK About switching genre, TA is a completely different that your typical FPS so I suggested and decided to go on with it only to see very less activity. As for RTS LAN games please do suggest the game names because I can't find much games of these genres which are acceptable and supports LAN.

So Q3 and TMNF have less size but we don't have so many small games now, also all the games which are small are not worth playable in MP at all so we have to keep that in mind as well not just the size element.

- - - Updated - - -

what's happening here
let's just be nice and rational, we will try to solve these problem

[MENTION=121491]rajatGod512[/MENTION], tribes ascend didn't work for a few people. This was a bummer. In the week leading up to tribes ascend, only gameranand, and snap played. It's a good game, hang on to it. At least I will play more of it, others might decide to revisit it. Additionally, it requires in game currency to host matches, which is not suitable for Hamachi-LAN play.

why are so many games being announced... we are looking at preference of those who ready to join and play. we have steam group discussion almost every night. There have been playdates of GRAW2, Tribes Ascend, Left 4 Dead 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, TMNF... but overlapping groups joined all of these, and always one or two people missed out on some games. We have clan and game in GRP too, but not sure if that's a playdate or not. we gonna continue playing most of the games, these are all good games, and there are only a handful of such titles which fit our requirements anyway.

We have been trying actually few games, even left GRAW2 as playdate for additional week so everyone can get and join, instead of changing it again this week only to rainbow six.

[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] do something for rainbow 6

PS, tried loadout it was fun, what is good hybrid rts + fps LAN multiplayer game that will keep both DOTA guys and FPS likers happy?

OK TA PD was a bummer. As for Game currency I think we already did good by crashing an empty server so I don't see that as a problem at all.

People here just asked to give game names for 4-5 games ahead. I just gave 2 game names to DL.

We are already having FPS games, as for RTS, please do suggest me games because I don't know many games that supports LAN, will search them myself also.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
I politely wanna present to you guys only four points to follow:

4. If you are unsure, please go to #1.

1.I Can join in any 1 of them .
2.Because I am downloading L4D2 and other stuff .
3.See pt 2 .
4.see above again

[MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] [MENTION=22661]ManiDhillon[/MENTION] [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] Guys just add an event on Steam Playdate group not everyone uses Whatsapp (I dont) . It is not a matter of just downloading a game and playing it with friends , the point is downloading a new game every week or so , people have other stuff to download too . I downloaded Tribes Ascend and Phantoms but they weren't played a lot . So , I didnt download GRAW2 straight away and neither did I ever commit of joining GRAW2.Moreover I said that we need to announce it properly , make it an event , then only other people would join or else it would be us 5-6 playing every game .

Last edited:

DDIF

Custom User Title
1.I Can join in any 1 of them .
2.Because I am downloading L4D2 and other stuff .
3.See pt 2 .
4.see above again

[MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] [MENTION=22661]ManiDhillon[/MENTION] [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] Guys just add an event on Steam Playdate group not everyone uses Whatsapp (I dont) . It is not a matter of just downloading a game and playing it with friends , the point is downloading a new game every week or so , people have other stuff to download too . I downloaded Tribes Ascend and Phantoms but they weren't played a lot . So , I didnt download GRAW2 straight away and neither did I ever commit of joining GRAW2.Moreover I said that we need to announce it properly , make it an event , then only other people would join or else it would be us 5-6 playing every game .

Bro, read the above posts again, we are playing GRAW2 for 3 weeks.!!! And if you not use WhatsApp then how can you explain ignoring the posts and announcements in this thread?
It was announced on First Post and in other replies. And we played GRP a lot and still playing, never see you online.
You never asked us to join, so is it our mistake?

And about your ponits, please you yourself read them and see, I think in first point you wanted to say "I can't join any 1 of them" :D LOL

OP
kunalht

kunalht

In the zone
If you guys are talking about choosing game, i posted to come online to decide game for next playdate, but that time only me , [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] & [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] were online. So after that time we 3-4 guys decide games without asking others.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Bro, read the above posts again, we are playing GRAW2 for 3 weeks.!!! It was announced on First Post and in other replies. And we played GRP a lot and still playing, never see you online.
You never asked us to join, so is it our mistake?

And about your ponits, please you yourself read them and see, I think in first point you wanted to say "I can't join any 1 of them" :D LOL

Yeah I know you guys are playing GRAW2 from quite a few days , as I said after playing Phantoms I didnt download it as not many guys joined the GRP events . I am online from 1pm-3pm , 5pm-10pm (10-12 there is power cut scheduled in my city).

I answered the points by thinking them , not in the heat of the moments , I still say I can join in any 1 , if the next PD is going to be R6V2 and you guys commit to play it for quite some time , I will most definitely download it .

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=145360]kunalht[/MENTION] you never invited me !

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys Guys....Chill !!! There's lot of heat outside. I don't want it here also.

Now I've my exams fastly approaching, won't be playing any game for a month. So tell me which games you will play after June 20 So in the mean time I will download that game. As for New game I have no issues because I'm always looking new LAN games to play with my hostel buddies.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play

Please see this

I had posted the proper announcement on 28th of April and PD for GRAW 2 was on 11 May and 12 May. I don't know how much more time you guys want to DL a new game of just 3.5 GB. I really can't help it now if I have posted 2 weeks before the PD and still people won't download the damn game. I am really sorry but I can't do anything more than this.

DDIF

Custom User Title
No Comments now!!
I've already said enough. To OP and Anorion, gameranand, I will join the PDs you decide. Please explain all your duties and stuffs and announcements to these guys yourself. I'm outta thread.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Please see this

I had posted the proper announcement on 28th of April and PD for GRAW 2 was on 11 May and 12 May. I don't know how much more time you guys want to DL a new game of just 3.5 GB. I really can't help it now if I have posted 2 weeks before the PD and still people won't download the damn game. I am really sorry but I can't anything more than this.

I said I knew about GRAW2 but didn't wanted to participate so kept out of this thread for a while , as you already said in the first post after the first discussion of PD2.0 in voice chat , that those who dont want to join should stay away , so I did same . Now I am only asking that you guys should commit to play R6V2 for some time and revisit the downloaded games , so everyone's time and bandwidth is not wasted .

Pasapa

Live to die another day
So Q3 and TMNF have less size but we don't have so many small games now, also all the games which are small are not worth playable in MP at all so we have to keep that in mind as well not just the size element.

Well, here ya go *assault.cubers.net/download.html

a MP FPS game that's only around 50 MB which people actually play.. (up to 200 people on peak hours :D)

best part, you can run it on a pc that's 10 years old :D and its free :twisted:

woo hoo found a small sized game

gameranand

Living to Play
I said I knew about GRAW2 but didn't wanted to participate so kept out of this thread for a while , as you already said in the first post after the first discussion of PD2.0 in voice chat , that those who dont want to join should stay away , so I did same . Now I am only asking that you guys should commit to play R6V2 for some time and revisit the downloaded games , so everyone's time and bandwidth is not wasted .

OK its completely good, no harm done and received.
Well next PD will be GRAW 2 on 17 and 18 May.
After that Playdate will be Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on 24 and 25 May. So decide what you want to attend and Download accordingly as per your liking. This has been already stated on First post as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, here ya go *assault.cubers.net/download.html

a MP FPS game that's only around 50 MB which people actually play.. (up to 200 people on peak hours :D)

best part, you can run it on a pc that's 10 years old :D and its free :twisted:

woo hoo found a small sized game

I asked for a RTS game not FPS. I think we already have enough FPS games.
1. Quake 3
2. Tribes Ascent (Although it can be played on TPS too and is very different from your typical FPS)
3. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
4. Rainbow Six Vegas 2

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
OK its completely good, no harm done and received.
Well next PD will be GRAW 2 on 17 and 18 May.
After that Playdate will be Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on 24 and 25 May. So decide what you want to attend and Download accordingly as per your liking. This has been already stated on First post as well.

Good ... Count me in for Rainbow Six Vegas 2

gameranand

Living to Play
Good ... Count me in for Rainbow Six Vegas 2

You are most welcome. Please Download the game and test it before the PD because it might give some problems and last thing we want is troubleshooting problems on the PDs. You can contact [MENTION=145360]kunalht[/MENTION] or [MENTION=22661]ManiDhillon[/MENTION] for that. I will be unavailable as I am going to my Village on 16 May, this Friday.

Top Bottom