Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team?

Who would you choose to be the captain?

• Sourav Ganguly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Rahul Dravid

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Any other player

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
Re: Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team.

wizrulz said:
I will not take dada's record into account...thats ur work as ur his fan...i will give u record of batsemen whom i and world rate highly......;)

ODI

Won Chasing Target

Sachin- 101 4397 134 58.62 13 23

Dravid- 72 2124 109* 49.39 2 19

Ponting- 77 2670 124* 53.40 4 17

In Quater Finals

Sachin- 3 210 141 70.00 1 0

Dravid- 2 57 48 28.50 0 0

Ponting- 3 118 46 39.33 0 0

In Semi Finals

Sachin- 7 232 83 33.14 0 2

Dravid- 4 28 58 42.66 0 1

Ponting-5 71 37 14.20 0 0

In Finals

Sachin - 36 1487 134 47.96 4 9

Dravid- 23 690 103* 34.50 1 3

Ponting- 33 1217 140* 45.07 2 6

All Finals

Sachin- 47 1954 141 46.52 5 11

Dravid- 30 943 103* 37.72 1 5

Ponting- 41 1406 140* 40.17 2 6

In Series Won

Sachin- 127 5548 186* 51.37 19 26

Dravid- 76 2645 153 42.66 2 22

Ponting- 177 7245 145 47.98 18 45

In Test

100's in Tests India Won - 12

100's in Tests India Lost - 8

100's in Test Drawn - 15

Holds the record of maxium number of 100's for loosing team...That means a lone warrior..Thats why once Indian Cricket Team was called as ONE MAN ARMY!!!!

Often said Sachin gets fail at crunch situation...Well 1st we must admit that when Sachin on the crease Win is sure...As soon Sachin gets out..the situation becomes crunchy!!! Sachin is out,now who will win match for us?? No one sure who will win match for them...

So bcoz of this thing Teams targets Sachin as the most precious wicket...

Nasser Hussain introduced Negative lines for Sachin Tendulkar to stop the flow of runs when he is on wicket!!!

Local umpires also involved some times to help their team against Sachin Tendulkar,espeically Australians!

Some incidents striking in my mind...I think Sachin is the player who got out maximum numbers of times bcoz of bad or wrong decision by Umpires..I m producing those incidents only which I remember,there may be many other too

1. 92 - out of a NO ball from Frankline Rose against West Indies in 1997 at Bridgetown..Remember India lost the test just by 38 runs..U can just imagine how much that bad decision effected the result of the match!!!

2. 83 - Out of a NO ball again..[don't remember the bowler] last test in WestIndies in 1997.Draw Test.

3. 67- LBW off Crains..last test against NewZealand in 1999, was not out coz the ball pitched outside the legstump.Match Drawn

4. 61 - caught at forward shortleg,bowler Shane Warne.against Australia at Adelaide in 1999.. the ball touched the thigh pads and Umpire Darel Harper gave him out.. India were 107 for 4 when Ganguly joined Sachin and they put on 108 runs for the 5th wicket..

5. 0 - LBW bowler Macgrath..against Australia at Adelaide in 1999,same test, nothing more to say..Everyone remember that FOOLISH decision

6. 52 - LBW bowler Shane Warne,Umpire David Shepherd,against Australia at Melbourne in 1999, were chasing 356 as a target on the fourth day.

7. 45 - LBW bowler Macgrath,UmpireIan Robinson,against Australia at Sydney in 2000, the ball seemed to hit him too high and was going on leg stump, In that very over,Tendulkar had pulled a short one from Macgrath for two,and hooked the next two for boundaries,and a ball later punched the fast bowler back past him for the 3rd four of the over

8. 16 - caught behind off Waqar Younis,against Pakistan at Perth in 2000, it was must win situation for India to qualify in the final , scored 16 runs of 9 balls,hitted 3 fours in one over of Waqar Younis and 1 off Wasim Akram on the fastest pitch of the world,India were chasing 260 odd runs...

9. 0 - LBW bowler Gillespie,Umpire Bucknor,against Australia at Brisbane in 2003 funny thing is that the bowler not applead for the LBW... MR.Bucknor gave the decision of his own

10. 0 - caught behind off Lee,against Australia at Melbourne in 2003,ball touched the thigh pads and umpire given him out.

11. 54 - caught behind,Umpire Bucknor,against Pakistan at Kolkata in 2005, I think we all seen that decison, theball was not near to his pad,gloves,helmet,arm.. no where...

There may be so many other incident like this...Teams like Australia taking help from the umpires to stop Tendulkar... the 1999-2000 tour of Australia proves it..

And the last thing is that Sachin played 11 years [1989-2000] in the era where his own team mates involved in match fixing.. So despite of his brilliant knocks we failed to win the match just bcoz others not contirbuting..Yuo can win ODI's just wid ur own batting but u can't win test matches wid one innings bcoz test played for 5 days its a 4 inning game..Still Tendulkar's record in this era is Awesome.
What a stat dude! if people favouring sorrow(i mean sourav),know english and maths,they should keep quiet after reading those numbers..

@indyan,
dude it seems you understand what you want to and generalise it..My comments regarding "stupid attacks" referred only to this "Practise Match"...
And a comment on one "practise" game cannot be generalised for international matches,if you get it?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for motivation against "stupid" attacks goes,dada is the most motivated player when it comes to kenya/bangladesh/zimbabwe...
Coz that where his last centuries as captain&player have come from...

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

LegendKiller said:
Hehehe..:D:D:D Pathan top scored for india with 111 not out and even bhajji scored a fifty...

If people are judging a player by his performance today..then i think pathan not only out scored our "Sorrow" gone-guly(dada,if u call him),but played better than him...:lol::lol:

Also i think this stupid attack did not excite the "legendary" sachin too much and thus decided to give the "wannabe" batsman(s) like sourav/pathan/bhajji to make some runs&name for themselves..:D:D

Also seeing dada's standard in recent times,i don't blame the media and his fans,only happy to see him score against a "B" side..coz they also know,in their hearts,what to expect from "sorrow"..

I sincerely hope that you are wrong. If you are correct then Sachin should be kicked out the team. He is not bigger than Team India!! ;)

Captaincy record Mts Won Lost NR Won% Lost%

Dravid 53 27 23 3 50.94 43.39

Ganguly after 53 matches 53 27 26 0 50.94 49.06

Performance with the bat: Mts Inns NO Runs Hs Avg SR 100 50 0

Dravid 53 52 7 1823 105 40.51 72.97 2 16 3

Ganguly after 53 matches 53 52 5 2199 144 46.79 77.78 7 12 2

Ganguly Fan's rejoice. He doesn't only have a better captainship record but a much better batting record than the wannabe oneday player! :))

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soumya said:
I sincerely hope that you are wrong. If you are correct then Sachin should be kicked out the team. He is not bigger than Team India!! ;)

Captaincy record Mts Won Lost NR Won% Lost%

Dravid 53 27 23 3 50.94 43.39

Ganguly after 53 matches 53 27 26 0 50.94 49.06

Performance with the bat: Mts Inns NO Runs Hs Avg SR 100 50 0

Dravid 53 52 7 1823 105 40.51 72.97 2 16 3

Ganguly after 53 matches 53 52 5 2199 144 46.79 77.78 7 12 2

Ganguly Fan's rejoice. He doesn't only have a better captainship record but a much better batting record than the wannabe oneday player! :))

If win % is same how is he better???
the better batting record is due to dada being in form and dravid been out of touch at the moment. Evrry misunderstanding will be sorted out very soon.

can u please post for TEST also...or u avioded that one??? :D

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

The Master out for 10 and the Prince out for a duck :( Lets wait till 15th december!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

wizrulz said:
If win % is same how is he better???
the better batting record is due to dada being in form and dravid been out of touch at the moment. Evrry misunderstanding will be sorted out very soon.

can u please post for TEST also...or u avioded that one??? :D

here is the test record again which was AVOIDED
Tests Inns NO Runs Hs Avg sR 100 50 0
Ganguly 49 75 7 2561 144 37.66 50.75 5 13 4
Dravid 17 30 5 1293 146 51.72 40.70 3 8 1
Ganguly 17 28 4 688 98 28.67 48.18 0 3 2
after 17 games.
lol pretty numbers.

DADA GOT A ZERO.the sa bowlers had enough of him.and tenduman has really grown old.You all know about poor viru's case :D :D

are you calling viru the master?VIRU-10
tendu-12

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

vimal_mehrotra said:
here is the test record again which was AVOIDED
Tests Inns NO Runs Hs Avg sR 100 50 0
Ganguly 49 75 7 2561 144 37.66 50.75 5 13 4
Dravid 17 30 5 1293 146 51.72 40.70 3 8 1
Ganguly 17 28 4 688 98 28.67 48.18 0 3 2
after 17 games.
lol pretty numbers.

DOODH KA DOODH ...AUR PAANI KA PAANI.......:D :D :D :D

so avoided numbers r out....

aur KOI HAIN KYA STATS LEKAR....AAOOO ....(JUST SAW HINDI FLICK starring dharam paaji....;) )

LegendKiller

In the zone

Hehehe:D:D...the sun has broken through and has brought with it truth!;)

finally sourav ganguly has shown his true talent and has made a magnificent....oooops...0 of two balls..:shock::shock::shock:

Well after one performance everyone said dada is back...and now after this latest performance what do we say?,ya ya..it was a fluke(score of 83):?:

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

u all saurav haters should be happy that saurav has given u a chance to rejoice.... he is very large hearted thats y he does not want ne one to cry over his overwhelming form...i kno u all west indians and south indians must be depressed by sauravs grand return...i advice u to go to psychiatrist before the 15th...else it would be too late...think over it...and thank dada..

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid

tuxfan said:
Ganguly has better leadership qualities so my vote goes to Ganguly :)
Yes.
ganguly is the most successful captain India has ever produced , then come Azhar , then kapil.
comparing ganguly with pathan and bhajji is just so stupid.

royal

Padawan

Well one thing one must agree to...and that is dada might be the worst Indian batsman ever, dada might score zero in all the remaining matches but this man is a fighter...you gotta give him that. Anil Kumble is another such person . No matter whatever the odds are they never give in and thats a very rare trend among Indian sportmen, let alone cricketers :cool:

And for the sake of India, lets hope dada continues to score and Sachin is finally motivated and excited to perform...we can take on anyone the day these two perform together. :D Would not we all like to see that ?

dpd_2006

Right off the assembly line

~Phenom~ said:
Yes.
ganguly is the most successful captain India has ever produced , then come Azhar , then kapil.
comparing ganguly with pathan and bhajji is just so stupid.

100% correct, there is none except Sourav

LegendKiller

In the zone

royal said:
Well one thing one must agree to...and that is dada might be the worst Indian batsman ever, dada might score zero in all the remaining matches but this man is a fighter...you gotta give him that. Anil Kumble is another such person . No matter whatever the odds are they never give in and thats a very rare trend among Indian sportmen, let alone cricketers :cool:

And for the sake of India, lets hope dada continues to score and Sachin is finally motivated and excited to perform...we can take on anyone the day these two perform together. :D Would not we all like to see that ?
add dravid to sourav+sachin to perform well...last time they fired together was in england in 2002...hope the "big" two(sachin+dravid)+dada do well..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

LegendKiller said:
add dravid to sourav+sachin to perform well...last time they fired together was in england in 2002...hope the "big" two(sachin+dravid)+dada do well..

what about our bald boy?:D

reddragon

In the zone

Anyway one great point for Sourav is He speaks english tremendously well . Afterall he is from St. Xaviers Cal . he he he . Thats why he is that much succesful . In Academic matter the other indian current players have no match for sourav .
well why I am telling about academic qualification of Sourav ? because there is comparison in captaincy with many other players .. A captain should have diverse quality. Not only his experience/living-city/run matters

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

Indyan said:
This is Sachins record in finals, since 1999

*img184.imageshack.us/img184/8702/sachinsc3.jpg

He has scored 310 runs in 13 innings', at an avg of 25.83. His highest score is 74.
But, I repeat it again, he is a better batsman than Sourav - no doubt about that. However, he isnt the best bastman in the world or one of the all time greats as he is made out to be. He clearly fails under pressure.

Btw, isnt Kumble also highly educated?

So that proves how imp SACHIN is..he plays and makes INDIA reach final.....and when he doesnt plays well...INDIA cannot win....:D :D :D

And out of these 13 india haev won just one.....

SO now everyone KNows y india didnt win in 13 finals under dada's captaincy.....how dependent was dada on SACHIN THE GREAT....:p

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

yes anil is highly educated and is a very intelligent person.while tendu is tenth fail.:D it dosnt make much difference though.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

wizrulz said:
So that proves how imp SACHIN is..he plays and makes INDIA reach final.....and when he doesnt plays well...INDIA cannot win....:D :D :D

And out of these 13 india haev won just one.....

SO now everyone KNows y india didnt win in 13 finals under dada's captaincy.....how dependent was dada on SACHIN THE GREAT....:p
so why is india not winning now ... sachin is still in the team .... the change that has affected the team is the captain .... ganguly brough the fighting spirit in the team .... but now with dravid being so submissive greg is pulling the strings and all the players are like lost

kumarmohit

Technomancer

vimal_mehrotra said:
yes anil is highly educated and is a very intelligent person.while tendu is tenth fail.:D it dosnt make much difference though.

Alright, Education mein sports quota hota hai, ab se Sports mein bhi ek education quota hua karega:-D

ROTFL:-D*www.techhelpers.net/e4u/comp/comp11.gif

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

i remember an instance about our baldy opener.you remember,in pakistan on a
dead pitch sehwag and rahul were on the verge of breaking the highest partnership record for 1st wicket(413) and viru as always played a stupid shot to get out.After that he was asked if he knew he was so close to that record which was set up by Pankaj Roy and Vinoo Mankad.
guess what "mr. unsuccessful on bed" said in reply-

WHO WERE these Pankaj Roy and Vinoo Mankad guys ?

so much for respect of cricket heritage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom