Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team?

Who would you choose to be the captain?

• Sourav Ganguly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Rahul Dravid

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Any other player

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team.

Sourav Ganguly was the best Indian captain ever. Rahul is getting to be the worst. He has no guts and is like Chappel's right hand man. Though it's still premature to say that Sourav should be the captain cause he just came into the team. But I feel that Rahul has no right to be a captain and just helping India's downfall. He is just a good batsman but as a captain he SUCKS big time. What do you guy's say!

Last edited:

outlaw

De@d
Re: Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team.

NOT sourav ( atleast not yet)
he was kicked out of the team for a reason ,and he's just back in da team .. so lets wait and see how he performs..

VD17

Journeyman

voting for Sourav...
Dravid sucks.. and i dont see anyone else on the horizon...

soham

In the zone

Yes he was kicked out of the team for a reason ---- Cheap Politics.

rjasthebest

Broken In

well ganguly was india,s best captain ever,
i don,t doubt rahul's capability as a player but for a making a successful captain he doesn't have that mind and also the guts which sourav had!!!!!!

optumsprime

Broken In

If India Want 2 Win So Ganguly Should Be The Captain

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz

ms123 said:
yes, Dada should everything from president to drinks carrier except player :)) :))
Nice 1....Looks like we certainly need a change in captaincy since nothing is going our way. Why not try Sehwag as captain for the test series:confused:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl

Sehwag as Test Series Captain....hey captaincy is not a joke! Sourav should be made captain....Rahul is a bad bad captain...He is a good player but not a good captain.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

What all people r saying....

I will support ganguly now....else if do not...people come an give -ve rep....:D

YES GANGULY SHOULD BE MADE CAPTIAN.....

HE IS MOST SUCCESSFULL CAPTIAN

WHAT IF HE CANNOT SCORE RUNS.....HE IS GOOD CAPTIAN

WHAT IF HE CANNOT FEILD PROPERLY...HE IS A GOOD CAPTAIN...

WHAT IF HE CANNOT PLAY ON BOUNCY PITCHES(WHERE NEXT WC IS)...HE IS GOOD CAPTAIN...

WHAT IF HE USES POLITICS IN TEAM...HE IS GOOD CAPTAIN

WHAT IF HIS CONTRIBUTION IS NIL IN INDIAS WIN.....HE IS GOOD CAPTAIN...

bas yaar so many reasons for us to make him captain...y cant the board see all these reason.....IS SOME ONE LAUGHING..no dont....else u will get -ve rep....see now i am supporting ganguly....i am gona get heaps of reps...;)

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz

navjotjsingh said:
Sehwag as Test Series Captain....hey captaincy is not a joke! Sourav should be made captain....Rahul is a bad bad captain...He is a good player but not a good captain.
How can you say Rahul is a bad captain??? When India won 17 matches on a trot chasing, everyone was praising him like anything. Now the same people are discouraging him.

soham

In the zone

hey Wizrulz, are you Greg Chappel in disguise. It seems so . It was he who used politics and put the blame on Saurav. Give me an instance where Saurav used politics. And your last WHAT IF seems to be the biggest joke of the lot. Do you watch any cricket at all? If I may remind you its Sachin who performs well when India doesnt win and not the other way round.

EagerBeaver

Journeyman

Sauravganguly plays good politix. He shd leave criket n join politics now.......

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz

EagerBeaver said:
Sauravganguly plays good politix. He shd leave criket n join politics now.......
Why are you saying that???

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

wizrulz said:
What all people r saying....

I will support ganguly now....else if do not...people come an give -ve rep....:D

YES GANGULY SHOULD BE MADE CAPTIAN.....

HE IS MOST SUCCESSFULL CAPTIAN

WHAT IF HE CANNOT SCORE RUNS.....HE IS GOOD CAPTIAN

WHAT IF HE CANNOT FEILD PROPERLY...HE IS A GOOD CAPTAIN...

WHAT IF HE CANNOT PLAY ON BOUNCY PITCHES(WHERE NEXT WC IS)...HE IS GOOD CAPTAIN...

WHAT IF HE USES POLITICS IN TEAM...HE IS GOOD CAPTAIN

WHAT IF HIS CONTRIBUTION IS NIL IN INDIAS WIN.....HE IS GOOD CAPTAIN...

bas yaar so many reasons for us to make him captain...y cant the board see all these reason.....IS SOME ONE LAUGHING..no dont....else u will get -ve rep....see now i am supporting ganguly....i am gona get heaps of reps...;)

You are completely wrong, and here is why!

1) Who in the hell is scoring runs?
2) Who is a good fielder in the team except Kaif and Yuvraj?
3) No Indian batsman can play as good on bouncy pitches like they do in the subcontinent
4) He has never used politics
5) I guess no one is contributing to the Indian team consistently!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

soumya said:
You are completely wrong, and here is why!

1) Who in the hell is scoring runs?
2) Who is a good fielder in the team except Kaif and Yuvraj?
3) No Indian batsman can play as good on bouncy pitches like they do in the subcontinent
4) He has never used politics
5) I guess no one is contributing to the Indian team consistently!

You are right except the 4th point.Remember when he took off his support from uncle dalmiya

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz

Guys let's stop this fight. No use fighting over this issue and developing bad feelings among ourselves. Anyway all of us know that he wont be the captain in the near future for sure.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

webgenius said:
Guys let's stop this fight. No use fighting over this issue and developing bad feelings among ourselves. Anyway all of us know that he wont be the captain in the near future for sure.

That is why the forum is known as FIGHT CLUB....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

But that's no reason to have several topics with different headings discussing essentially the same thing. :mad:

BTW, I don't know about what happens in the dressing room but Rahul Dravid is a good captain on the field. His bowling choices are generally spot-on and he sets up the field well. Plus, being a calm headed and sincere person, he commands the respect of the players in the opponent team and the umpires. When Ganguly was there, on-field scuffles used to escalate and generally resulted in some sort of fine or ban, but you should see Dravid handling matters. Granted, this is a very minor trait and is not directly related to captaincy, but then so are the off-field politics.
The only difference between Dravid and Ganguly is that Ganguly is very bold, while Dravid is humble. But being bold is not necessarily always a good thing either. In my humble opinion, Rahul Dravid is a very good player and captain and is (in most respects) equal to Ganguly, who is an excellent captain too.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

well said, my man.BCCI and local pitches are the culprits for the poor show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom