Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team?

Who would you choose to be the captain?

• Sourav Ganguly

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Rahul Dravid

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Any other player

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Re: Sourav Ganguly should be the captain of the Indian Team.

i must say dada played well.AND viru is still unsuccessful on and off the field :D:D.greg and dravid give him some tips :D:D:D

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

LegendKiller said:
Hehehe..:D:D:D Pathan top scored for india with 111 not out and even bhajji scored a fifty...

If people are judging a player by his performance today..then i think pathan not only out scored our "Sorrow" gone-guly(dada,if u call him),but played better than him...:lol::lol:

Also i think this stupid attack did not excite the "legendary" sachin too much and thus decided to give the "wannabe" batsman(s) like sourav/pathan/bhajji to make some runs&name for themselves..:D:D

Also seeing dada's standard in recent times,i don't blame the media and his fans,only happy to see him score against a "B" side..coz they also know,in their hearts,what to expect from "sorrow"..

r u in south africa........if not, then how r u telling that Pathan played better than Sourav, sitting here in India. But articles over the whole www beg to differ........Even Sourav hater's favorite site (cricinfo).....Bhajji scored a fifty????? i guess u r suffering from amnesia!!!!

Now i guess PATHAN is best left hander INDIA ever produced as he out scoring dada......this the yard stick na dada supporters r using...so it is correct....:D :D :D

AND..............Pathan is a bigger batsman than Sachin Tendulkar...........if i may add ;)

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soumya said:
r u in south africa........if not, then how r u telling that Pathan played better than Sourav, sitting here in India. But honestly articles over the whole www beg to differ........Bhajji scored a fifty????? i guess u r suffering from amnesia!!!!

R u in SA to negate him???

A century is always better than 50 .....so obviously he must have played well....and if he can score 100 that means ...ater initial 1.30 min the wicket must have become wasy..so do not hatch your eggs now.wait for dada to score against SA...he has to prove a point and not GREAT.....SACHIN
r u in south africa........if not, then how r u telling that Pathan played better than Sourav, sitting here in India. But articles over the whole www beg to differ........Even Sourav hater's favorite site (cricinfo).....Bhajji scored a fifty????? i guess u r suffering from amnesia!!!!

AND..............Pathan is a bigger batsman than Sachin Tendulkar...........if i may add ;)

U can really add that....that speaks how well u know cricket and how biased a person can get.... :D :D :D

by u saying nothing is gona change...records r there for everone to see....
LONG LIVE GREATEST BATSMAN OF THIS ERA..SACHIN :D

Last edited:
OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

wizrulz said:
R u in SA to negate him???

A century is always better than 50 .....so obviously he must have played well....and if he can score 100 that means ...ater initial 1.30 min the wicket must have become wasy..so do not hatch your eggs now.wait for dada to score against SA...he has to prove a point and not GREAT.....SACHIN

Ha ha ha.........I guess you have never played cricket...........I mean if your concept is like scoring more runs means playing better or to be precise.......scoring 28 runs more..........you need to get ur basics straight!!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soumya said:
Ha ha ha.........I guess you have never played cricket...........I mean if your concept is like scoring more runs means playing better or to be precise.......scoring 28 runs more..........you need to get ur basics straight!!

i have already said ........be happy..learn to enjoy smaller moments..as they will be few.......lets talk on frm 15th dec....till that time enjoy....:D

OP
soumya

soumya

In the zone

wizrulz said:
i have already said ........be happy..learn to enjoy smaller moments..as they will be few.......lets talk on frm 15th dec....till that time enjoy....:D

CHEERS! :)

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

wizrulz said:
lol wizrules you are too much.atleast the poor guy scored.and the best guy is rahul not tendu.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid

sachin is now just a burden on team. He should retire now , else he will be thrown out. he is just in team because of what he has done in past and not coz of his present . For all to know , mostly whenever sachin scored , India lost quite in contrast to Lara who make Windies win , whenever he scores.

Dravid is my all time favorite , I love his temperament , strokes , cool attitude and just everything about him. he is reliable WALL.

Ganguly has been the greatest captain ever for india and sachin could never take the pressure of captaincy.

reddick

Mobile Freak

I fink 'Sharad Pawar' must b d captain ;) He's fit n very fast while playing :lol:

reddragon

In the zone

whatever u say........ at least Sourav comebacks well everytime . If he didnt score yesterday , then today Greg would turn GOD . But SG added a new twist .

LegendKiller

In the zone

~Phenom~ said:
sachin is now just a burden on team. He should retire now , else he will be thrown out. he is just in team because of what he has done in past and not coz of his present . For all to know , mostly whenever sachin scored , India lost quite in contrast to Lara who make Windies win , whenever he scores.

Dravid is my all time favorite , I love his temperament , strokes , cool attitude and just everything about him. he is reliable WALL.

Ganguly has been the greatest captain ever for india and sachin could never take the pressure of captaincy.
Thats quite an observation i might say...when was the last time you checked ur stats....hmmm in 1990?
Sachin has 50+ centuries in india's good cause...28 centuries in odi's in which india has won,how many centuries has lara scored in odi's...hmmm 19 i think...so i believe 28(40)>19..

Also,i told ya na...this practise match is for "Wannabe" batsman like sourav/pathan/bhajji and not for greats like sachin/dravid/laxman..

Also,plzzz don't get all-time greats like lara/sachin/gavaskar/and even dravid to defend a "Wannabe" batsman like Sorrow Gone-guly(or,sourav ganguly if u please)

His(dada's) batting his fit to be compared with like's of pathan/dhoni nowadays...

And what amuses me greatly...just a sec..:roll::roll::roll::D:D..is that people have such a high expectancy from sourav that they r happy with a fifty against a "B" side..

And i m pretty sure such a silly match didn't excite the "great" sachin very much..so he gave an oppurtunity to the novices like dada/pathan..:wink:

Last edited:

jrkraj

Broken In

i think still rahul is the best bcz he is a team person ready to do any thing for team . he is not like other members of team

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

~Phenom~ said:

All those who r SINGING praises of dada's captaincy .......have a look ...and stop ..do not use that agian

RECORDS FOR 1st 50 ODI's

COACHES-----------M W L NR
UNDER CHAPPEL----50 26 22 2
UNDER WRIGHT-----50 29 20 1

CAPTAINCY
DRAVID-------------54 27 24 3 Winning %=50.0
GANGULY----------147 76 66 5 Winning %=51.7

SOURCE: TOI

Can u tell me how is Dada better than Dravid...give dravid time...and if dada was GREAT CAPTAIN....how india lost in every final??? (except NATWEST)...

did he used to forget his captaincy in finals???:D :D :D :D

LegendKiller

In the zone

also how on earth can you compare 5.5 yr reign to a 1.5 yr reign?

Also,all this hungama about dravid's captaincy have been done with a political intent in mind by media people who probably have been sold out to our wealty dada..

Also dada's captaincy record is because of mainly dravid/kumble.sachin/sehwag/bhajji etc etc...otherwise in my earlier post i have clear;y mentioned dada's contribution in india's win as a captain..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

okay so can anyone bring out dadas record in the first 1.5 years of his captaincy...lets see how he compares with dravid...

tuxfan

Technomancer

Ganguly has better leadership qualities so my vote goes to Ganguly :)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

Indyan said:
OK. So stupid attacks doesnt excite Sachin and he doesnt score runs against them. I can live with that. It sometimes happens with great players. But what about crunch situations?
Sachin fails to motivate himself in less important matches (according to you), but he is also a chocker. When the big game (finals) comes, he just chokes and fails to perform. Since, that century against Australia in Sharjah, his performance in cruicial matches has been terrible. Yes, he is still a better batsman than Sourav and Sehwag, but he needs to start performing now. Every player needs to proove himself, even if its Sachin. He will have to be dropped if he continues to do badly.

You are totally out of your minds. Clubbing the likes of Pathan and Harbhajan with Sourav? I dont need to say anything more.

I will not take dada's record into account...thats ur work as ur his fan...i will give u record of batsemen whom i and world rate highly......;)

ODI

Won Chasing Target

Sachin- 101 4397 134 58.62 13 23

Dravid- 72 2124 109* 49.39 2 19

Ponting- 77 2670 124* 53.40 4 17

In Quater Finals

Sachin- 3 210 141 70.00 1 0

Dravid- 2 57 48 28.50 0 0

Ponting- 3 118 46 39.33 0 0

In Semi Finals

Sachin- 7 232 83 33.14 0 2

Dravid- 4 28 58 42.66 0 1

Ponting-5 71 37 14.20 0 0

In Finals

Sachin - 36 1487 134 47.96 4 9

Dravid- 23 690 103* 34.50 1 3

Ponting- 33 1217 140* 45.07 2 6

All Finals

Sachin- 47 1954 141 46.52 5 11

Dravid- 30 943 103* 37.72 1 5

Ponting- 41 1406 140* 40.17 2 6

In Series Won

Sachin- 127 5548 186* 51.37 19 26

Dravid- 76 2645 153 42.66 2 22

Ponting- 177 7245 145 47.98 18 45

In Test

100's in Tests India Won - 12

100's in Tests India Lost - 8

100's in Test Drawn - 15

Holds the record of maxium number of 100's for loosing team...That means a lone warrior..Thats why once Indian Cricket Team was called as ONE MAN ARMY!!!!

Often said Sachin gets fail at crunch situation...Well 1st we must admit that when Sachin on the crease Win is sure...As soon Sachin gets out..the situation becomes crunchy!!! Sachin is out,now who will win match for us?? No one sure who will win match for them...

So bcoz of this thing Teams targets Sachin as the most precious wicket...

Nasser Hussain introduced Negative lines for Sachin Tendulkar to stop the flow of runs when he is on wicket!!!

Local umpires also involved some times to help their team against Sachin Tendulkar,espeically Australians!

Some incidents striking in my mind...I think Sachin is the player who got out maximum numbers of times bcoz of bad or wrong decision by Umpires..I m producing those incidents only which I remember,there may be many other too

1. 92 - out of a NO ball from Frankline Rose against West Indies in 1997 at Bridgetown..Remember India lost the test just by 38 runs..U can just imagine how much that bad decision effected the result of the match!!!

2. 83 - Out of a NO ball again..[don't remember the bowler] last test in WestIndies in 1997.Draw Test.

3. 67- LBW off Crains..last test against NewZealand in 1999, was not out coz the ball pitched outside the legstump.Match Drawn

4. 61 - caught at forward shortleg,bowler Shane Warne.against Australia at Adelaide in 1999.. the ball touched the thigh pads and Umpire Darel Harper gave him out.. India were 107 for 4 when Ganguly joined Sachin and they put on 108 runs for the 5th wicket..

5. 0 - LBW bowler Macgrath..against Australia at Adelaide in 1999,same test, nothing more to say..Everyone remember that FOOLISH decision

6. 52 - LBW bowler Shane Warne,Umpire David Shepherd,against Australia at Melbourne in 1999, were chasing 356 as a target on the fourth day.

7. 45 - LBW bowler Macgrath,UmpireIan Robinson,against Australia at Sydney in 2000, the ball seemed to hit him too high and was going on leg stump, In that very over,Tendulkar had pulled a short one from Macgrath for two,and hooked the next two for boundaries,and a ball later punched the fast bowler back past him for the 3rd four of the over

8. 16 - caught behind off Waqar Younis,against Pakistan at Perth in 2000, it was must win situation for India to qualify in the final , scored 16 runs of 9 balls,hitted 3 fours in one over of Waqar Younis and 1 off Wasim Akram on the fastest pitch of the world,India were chasing 260 odd runs...

9. 0 - LBW bowler Gillespie,Umpire Bucknor,against Australia at Brisbane in 2003 funny thing is that the bowler not applead for the LBW... MR.Bucknor gave the decision of his own

10. 0 - caught behind off Lee,against Australia at Melbourne in 2003,ball touched the thigh pads and umpire given him out.

11. 54 - caught behind,Umpire Bucknor,against Pakistan at Kolkata in 2005, I think we all seen that decison, theball was not near to his pad,gloves,helmet,arm.. no where...

There may be so many other incident like this...Teams like Australia taking help from the umpires to stop Tendulkar... the 1999-2000 tour of Australia proves it..

And the last thing is that Sachin played 11 years [1989-2000] in the era where his own team mates involved in match fixing.. So despite of his brilliant knocks we failed to win the match just bcoz others not contirbuting..Yuo can win ODI's just wid ur own batting but u can't win test matches wid one innings bcoz test played for 5 days its a 4 inning game..Still Tendulkar's record in this era is Awesome.

soham

In the zone

To all ganguly haters: I really feel sorry for you guys. Ganguly has hit the hammer on your heads. So you people have gone crazy. Some coments made by these guys are so stupid it makes me feel they have a head full of dung. Come-on guys get a life and start appretiating the truth.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

soham said:
To all ganguly haters: I really feel sorry for you guys. Ganguly has hit the hammer on your heads. So you people have gone crazy. Some coments made by these guys are so stupid it makes me feel they have a head full of dung. Come-on guys get a life and start appretiating the truth.

SAME TO U ;)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl

A bit offtopic I suppose....but posted this to lighten the mood on this thread:

1.LAXMAN:

available@home-only.com

2.GANGULY:
nowdays@no_use.com

3.KUMBLE:
only@test_match.com

4.SACHIN:
admitted@hospital.com

5.KAIF:
good@for_nothing.com

6.SEHWAG: