Sissy way to play FPS games

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
So...many of us must have tried these tricks and tactics but never confess. Now is the time to own up.

Guys this is more for fun, so please do not get emotional. Also, if someone is relating a new release gameplay tactic, use spoilers. Test 'em.

My list:

1. Give all weapon codes.
2. God mode.
3. Immediate re-spawn.
4. Too many soldiers -- stand in a comfortable corner, and make them come to you. Cherry pick.
5. Difficult boss -- hide behind pillar, and like a girl take quick shots. Never expose your self.
6. Difficult level -- lower the difficulty, complete it, raise the difficulty. Boast you played it on ultra.
7. Go back 10 minutes on the map, to pick up the sniper gun. Or the JAW...!
8. U-Tube walk through. (RE5/DS2). I did...!
9. Uninstall the game. Tell it is a bad port.
10. Give up gaming.

:)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
So...many of us must have tried these tricks and tactics but never confess. Now is the time to own up.

Guys this is more for fun, so please do not get emotional. Also, if someone is relating a new release gameplay tactic, use spoilers. Test 'em.

My list:

2. God mode.
3. Immediate re-spawn.
4. Too many soldiers -- stand in a comfortable corner, and make them come to you. Cherry pick.
5. Difficult boss -- hide behind pillar, and like a girl take quick shots. Never expose your self.
6. Difficult level -- lower the difficulty, complete it, raise the difficulty. Boast you played it on ultra.
10. Give up gaming.

:)

1. Did it for a job in GTA 4 (I feel silly now)
2. In Serious Sam
3. Never did
4. Prefer face-to-face, so never did
5. In RE4
6. Never
7. Almost all games where shot gun is there
8. For Max-Payne
9. As i said, for GTA SA
10. Never

11. I found that RC Heli mission in GTA VC, so d/l'ed the save game till that mission, and started the VC and finished it. :D

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
That mission was a big pi$$ off. The bombs had to be placed using the helicopter. Way way too frustrating.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Yes, Tried it around 100 times but all ended up in frustration. So i stopped playing that game for a while and searched for a solution and ended up with save game solution.

ajai5777

Youngling
You mean placing bombs using RC helicopter in a building's different floors?
I played that mission over and over again and completed that level:smile:

But the thing I could never do that was the race in Mafia.I tried a lot and then I used a walk through which was to skip a lap or so..I dont remember correctly.

Sarath

iDota
I never use cheats although I had a huge file with printout of my old PSone games. They, simply put, drain the fun out of the game and most likely kill it.

I Youtubed walkthrough of DMC4 to find hidden orbs.

God of War on Titan mode. Gave up when the monster killed my (what seemed like) a millionth rebirth.

Difficult boss: Yes spiderman. Worst part is they make you duck and hide and hit. Coz he is smarter, I guess. Makes no sense but I might was well play incredible hulk if I want that.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Me and my cousin in Mafia 1, mission 'Visiting Rich people[or somethin same) played it full night. Couldnt complete it. Played it till 4 am. We went nuts the next day. There is no working cheat in the game + he didnt have internet.

Demolition Man is arguably one of hardest mission in Vice City. Took me a month approx to get it done.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
You mean placing bombs using RC helicopter in a building's different floors?
I played that mission over and over again and completed that level:smile:

Me and two of my brother tried but all in vein. But i remember that i finished it easily after a few years when i was just playing for sake of passing time. That's ridiculous.

gameranand

Living to Play
Let me remember....Oh yes
In GTA Vice city my friend used to play using a lot of cheats and I didn't saw any point in playing the game with those so I uninstalled it and told him that game is corrupted. He tried to install the game again from setup in my hard drive and of course I had just deleted 1 single file. :D:D:D

For Far Cry 1 used all weapon code as those trigens were giving me hard time but in next playthrough completed on my own without cheats. :)

Alok

Adventurer
I'm big cheater through after finishing a game i normally play it again using trainers.
My friends always wonders my nitro boost limit in Lan party NFS MW.

My most cheated are:
gta sa(always played with unlimited health.)
crysis warhead
far cry
dragon age origins
devil may cry 3 se
ninja blade
etc...

I never used any tricks for following:
gta 4 , diablo 2 , mafia , prince of persia whole series , re5 .
anyways most these have no cheats like diablo 2.:-D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
According to me, GTA IV without cheats is going to be one of the HARDEST games to complete.

Another FPS game which will never leave my mind is "Halo: Combat Evolved"

Its a classic awesome game. Won Game of year in its time. The Libary mission with army after army of Flood and Covenent overwhelmed me.

Truly a great game :D :2subs:

Alok

Adventurer
According to me, Gta sa is hard without cheat.
I have finished gta 4 without cheats it was just right on difficulty.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Were you guys able to complete Doom III. Normally. I could not. The torch/gun combo threw me off.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Cheats and god mode are for fun. And will be only used in my secondplay through or some random 30min or 1hour playthorough. You know, for fun sake.

GTA SA, IV, FEAR

2. God mode.

FarCry

3. Immediate re-spawn.

Never used. Didn't knew it even existed.

Chronicles of Riddik: Escape form The Butcher's bay. I think It was in initial levels and I was soo god damn frustrated by enemies. Health was damn low.

Crysis. Exodus level.

CoD 4: MW. Thanks to it.. I now can play most of the games in hard difficulty setting.

Never for the gun. But did for the ammo.

For many. But the most recent one was for Braid. which I played a year ago. For the mission "The fickle companion"

Dragon Age 2.

10. Give up gaming.

Yet to play this game.

Were you guys able to complete Doom III. Normally. I could not. The torch/gun combo threw me off.

I liked that damn combo. Switch to torch. see the enemies. Then, switch to gun.. POP...POP..POP. Then again switch to torch. The switching part is what that made me feel authentic.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh yeeah I know that feel haha

1) Download savegame files from the net, and replace your own files. pretend you crossed a game the day you got it.
2) Text walkthrough (before we had youtube walkthroughs)
3) noclip cheat, checkout the entire level, kill monsters from behind walls
4) Hang out in the noob room and pick on them
5) Camp, no hide, in the most obnoxious spot on the sniper maps and wait for the enemy to come and find you even if you are the only one left
6) Camp from the highest location on the map, so no one can get to you
7) Camp on the Redeemer

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Though this just came to my mind. Before I used to have tons of time, and USED to cheat. Now I game way way less, but neva eva cheat...slog the game out..!

Weird. :)

But it is fun being sissy player. Specially hiding around immovable objects. Owned a F3 boss just like that...! ha ha

I think for Vice City it was ASPIRIN..!

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Youtube Walkthroughs in some levels in Braid.
Walkthroughs two or three times in HL, HL2 and HL2:E2 because I didn't check one particular option or corner.
Opening the Walkthrough book in Machinarium so many times...

I never find any motivation to continue with my Doom 3 play. Just shooting monsters isn't that fun for me, I desire more.

Nah, I really really hate cheating. It's not cheating the game, it's cheating myself.

I agree. The Urban Terror cheaters were morons weren't they?

Top Bottom