Alok

Adventurer
Yeah i also checked walkthrough on youtube for Machinarium
that was one of my most struggled games.:-(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Never Cheated. Sucks the fun out of a game.
Till now, just used YT walk through and text walk through on GTA Wikis for some missions of GTA 3 Liberty City. And that too only because, I din't knew how exactly to solve a particular mission.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
I dont normally cheat in games, unless I'm utterly frustrated in completing the missions. I also play very less number of FPS. Well I can remember some incidents where I used sissy :p ways:-

1. In IGI 1. I used to get extremely frustrated while playing this game. I could not get beyond a level or two. So what I did was used some registry cheats and enabled a mode in which all the enemies acted like civilians, and ran away on seeing me. :p Completed the game in few hours, and was very proud of it. :D

2. GTA Vice City:- In some crap side missions. Like the RC Helicoptor one; In the mission where I had to reach certain rooftop using a bike within midnight( Used Youtube walkthrough and used a Helicopter instead of the bike) :p

3. Youtube Walkthroughs also had to be used in numerous other games.......The One I remember most was the flying machine mission in AC/2.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Remeber the GOD MODE in Far Cry. he he...!

Standing and blasting rocket launchers at your feet. I think I completed 2 levels just with the rocket launcher+infinite ammo cheat.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|

Standing and blasting rocket launchers at your feet. I think I completed 2 levels just with the rocket launcher+infinite ammo cheat.

:rofl:

Can remember another game:- an old classic

Recoil the tank game...

infinite weapon and health cheat... :fencing::machinegun:

gameranand

Living to Play
asingh said:
Yeah with Trigens slapping on my face and I was shooting them with my Rocket Launcher. There were one type of trigens with Rocket Launcher in their hands. Son of b1tches used to take 2 rockets to die.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
in game bugs that give you insane points
there was this one time in hong kong where the doc allowed JC to augment himself to the max

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ That reminded me of a bug in Mario, which allowed taking infinite lives by repeatedly jumping over the ducked-turtle! :lol:
Loved such bugs in those games!!

The kind of stuff I remember doing:

1. Login with a temporary id, challenge some pro guy that he can't take me out in proper style. Loose to him but make notes of all his tricks and screw his happiness the next time with my main id.

2. Text walkthroughs. forgot the number of times I used alt+tab

3. Online weapon info. I used to hunt sites for every FPS game on how the weapon works in the game, like recoil rate, range, issues, bullet power, reload time, etc and then look up level data like map size, length of certain places, environmental factors in the map, etc and then pick up the right gun... Never spent this much time on my school books :lol:

4. Camping. Before starting with online gaming, I realized that bots were too dumb to fish out campers and figure out camping patterns. Often used the same place over and over again to dominate entire maps. In Unreal Tournament where I used to camp next to the sniper rifle in one level.

5. Stealth. This started with online FPS. Used max volume and headphones to identify sounds made by other people and abused silencors, snipers and meelee weapons to the max. Spent most of my time prowling in the background while people mostly used an on-the-face attack pattern.

6. Hide and fire. Used this extensively in games with poor AI or tough bosses. Especially Project IGI. The bots only notice you when you are closer than a point. So I used to take them out from a distance.

7. Binocular Zoom and fire. Completely throwing away real-life logic, used binoculars to zoom in on stationary (or apparently stationary) enemies, leave hand from mouse, switch to assault rifle and fire. This way saved up ammo and avoided using sniper much.

8. Trainers. GTA Vice City. I used this trainer mod vc_lights that caused lots of lights to come up in the sky over places where there were hidden packages. Only used this AFTER my 60th package though, and even with this trainer it was bloody hard to locate hidden packages.

9. Screwed up hardware. I had an issue with a mouse that used to double or triple click instead of single click. This forum (during its buggy days) is full of my double posts from 2 years back due to that reason... A friend borrowed it to own at an FPS with a gun that did not have an automatic mode. He ended up using this newly found "burst mode" on my mouse a lot...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I only use cheats when I die too many times to complete a level....otherwise I dont
& i only use godmode or infi ammo....

in far cry last level i used godmode to kill the trigens...with rocket laucher the only thing
was hapenning @ dat time boom boom all over the screen...

& I used cheat in POP 3D coz some levels were crashing so i used level skip cheat...
I like the Max Payne 2 Mona Cheat :hyper:

reddead

LoSt!
i used to use cheats but then the game would become so easy that there was no point in playing it........but i do look for walk throughs for some very difficult missions..
BTW i did that rc mission in VC after a lot of tries,i am the only one among my friends who completed it.

and the world 1 boss in supermeatboy is killing me.....it is so fast,i have tried it more than 100 times........

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
in nfs most wanted...
my game used to lag so much in my old pc
got almost 15fps max avg 9-15fps...

used the trainer to attain max 400kmph by a press of a button

Alok

Adventurer
^^Well then your car should jump to finish line at once :)

Or break into walls.
How u control its with such speed and 15 fps

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
such speed and 15 fps

That's why he is able to control the car. It'll run like slideshow and can control the car easily. I remember i control a fast car in some racing game with my P3 machine, the fps i was getting is around 10-12fps... :D ... Driving a fast car in slow-mo is easy.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Helped for me even in Vice City, where we need to shoot many guys at V's mansion, since it's running like a Slide show i shot them easily and finished the mission in second attempt. :D

Top Bottom