*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

icebags

Technomancer
Those are fake.
If all gods want the good of human being and are the smartest, but still fight with each other then they are not the gods.

In my view if god exist he is only one orelse he doesn't exist.

gods may or may not fight each other, but their/his/her creations sure fight with each other. :D and our all powerful god(s) has not found a proper solution for this. yet. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

Last edited:

Chetan1991

Youngling
Can the formless and timeless come to the rescue?

God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us.
-Machiavelli, Niccolo

I believe in God. But he is beyond the grasp of human understanding and thus unverifiable and unprovable (cannot be observed and hence proven existing) through science. Realizing him ain't that easy.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
It does. It is not good to pray to god to get rid of all problems, instead you should pray for the strength to solve the problems. :)

Neuron

Electronic.
-Machiavelli, Niccolo

I believe in God. But he is beyond the grasp of human understanding and thus unverifiable and unprovable (cannot be observed and hence proven existing) through science. Realizing him ain't that easy.

If god is beyond the grasp of human understanding how can you say that he is a good guy? He is beyond our grasp. His motives and characteristics cannot be determined.

It does. It is not good to pray to god to get rid of all problems, instead you should pray for the strength to solve the problems. :)
You can't be sure that is going to help. How he is going to react to your prayers is beyond the grasp human understanding.

Chetan1991

Youngling
whats the use of realizing something which doesnt even affect us.

What are people searching forever in their life? happiness, right? Everything is in pursuit of happiness.
But you can never have absolute happiness in life. There are always ups and downs, like a roller coaster. God, in Hinduism has been called Satcitananda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia; sat-chit-ananda.
From the Wiki article:
"Sat-Chit-Ananda" or "Saccidānanda" is the Sanskrit compound form of the word, which can be translated in various ways:

"Eternal Bliss Consciousness"
"Absolute Bliss Consciousness"
"Consisting of existence and thought and joy"

God is the cause and means of it all. Not everyone can see this because its quite elusive and takes some amount of insight, intellect and wisdom to realize, which most people lack (Proof: *developmentalobserver.blog.com/2010/06/09/an-overview-of-constructive-developmental-theory-cdt/)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
You can't be sure that is going to help. How he is going to react to your prayers is beyond the grasp human understanding.

Not my own wisdom, a purohita explained to me. Ppl notmaly pray to god to take away their prolems. God gives humans those prolems for a reason, better to pray for the strength to overcome those prolems instead of directly asking them to go away.

Neuron

Electronic.
Not my own wisdom, a purohita explained to me. Ppl notmaly pray to god to take away their prolems. God gives humans those prolems for a reason, better to pray for the strength to overcome those prolems instead of directly asking them to go away.

How can he be so sure? Isn't he human?

Chetan1991

Youngling
If god is beyond the grasp of human understanding how can you say that he is a good guy? He is beyond our grasp. His motives and characteristics cannot be determined.

"Guy" would be a wrong term. God is not a human being or anything remotely near to that. Moreover Hinduism is like the Linux ecosystem. Too much hodge-podge has buried the truth.
Good or bad doesn't come into picture at all, because nothing is inherently good or bad (not people, not situations, nothing), it is just our perception.
I'm not satisfied with Answers I gave you. I'll get back to you later in this thread.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Oh god, why cannot you see the sense in that simple statement. Let's just remove god and prayer or anything religious from the equation. Its better to wish for the strength to tackle problems rather than wishing the problems away.. Don't you agree?

Chetan1991

Youngling
Oh god, why cannot you see the sense in that simple statement. Let's just remove god and prayer or anything religious from the equation. Its better to wish for the strength to tackle problems rather than wishing the problems away.. Don't you agree?

Agree. We need to take this into account:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/154557-religion-do-we-really-need-8.html#post1894307

Masses aren't that intelligent. They can easily be led astray by demagogues since they are slaves of social conditioning and are not freethinkers. Religions are organized institutions based upon true wisdom (compassion, letting go of ego etc.) which guide the masses. Completely discarding religion will result in chaos. Don't believe me? Go study the culture of US.

Neuron

Electronic.

Maybe. But why pray to god if you don't know what he is going to do?

Agree. We need to take this into account:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/fight-club/154557-religion-do-we-really-need-8.html#post1894307

Masses aren't that intelligent. They can easily be led astray by demagogues since they are slaves of social conditioning and are not freethinkers. Religions are organized institutions based upon true wisdom (compassion, letting go of ego etc.) which guide the masses. Completely discarding religion will result in chaos. Don't believe me? Go study the culture of US.

See this list[*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism]. The countries where religious people are low are one of the most peaceful countries in the world.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Maybe. But why pray to god if you don't know what he is going to do?

See this list[*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism]. The countries where religious people are low are one of the most peaceful countries in the world.

but the two attributes are not correlated

Makx

Game on
wow, people aren't intelligent so give them religion to make them even more ignorant.
US education system is on a decline and so its resulting in the decline in culture.
Proper education is required to make masses intelligent and not religion.

Chetan1991

Youngling
wow, people aren't intelligent so give them religion to make them even more ignorant.
US education system is on a decline and so its resulting in the decline in culture.
Proper education is required to make masses intelligent and not religion.

Education does not make people smart / intelligent. It only helps them realize their own potential. You seem to be the kind of person who thinks everyone is born equal. That's not true.
Read this: *developmentalobserver.blog.com/2010/06/09/an-overview-of-constructive-developmental-theory-cdt/.

I found wisdom and clarity in religion. It didn't make me ignorant. Religion is not a demagogue brainwashing people, it is their own attitudes and interpretation of it that makes them what they are. It's like blaming the TV for wasting time. Unless religion is shoved down down their throats, it is their own responsibility what they do with the knowledge. Religions have existed for thousands, obviously not everything in it right, but one needs to have a filter and follow only what they agree with and ignore the rest.

How does religion make people ignorant BTW?

Top Bottom