*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Education is same as this. There needs to be spiritual education also. 50 years ago, when rahu time comes in the day was part of curriculum. Studying educative texts, reading books of knowledge is one of the basic tenets of Islam. Churches and temples open many educational institutions.

Neuron

Electronic.
50 years ago, when rahu time comes in the day was part of curriculum.
I think you forgot to grammar :D

Anyone have a reason why non-religious countries are doing pretty well? According to the posts above , these countries should be full of dumb people.

Makx

Game on
How does religion make people ignorant BTW?
Killing, fighting in the name of religion. How many people can you count.

Masses aren't that intelligent. They can easily be led astray by demagogues since they are slaves of social conditioning and are not freethinkers.
Religion is just a tool to control the masses, which is evident even from your comment, if you could see it.

Opening educational institutions is not enough, quality education should be provided, everyone knows what is the motive of christian missionaries in India, and the quality of education provided in madarsas.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
How does religion make people ignorant BTW?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-ne...mit-suicide-believing-they-will-meet-god.html

Im not gonna take part in this discussion.. I just stated the fact as i saw.. So dont try to counter me

rst

Youngling
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-ne...mit-suicide-believing-they-will-meet-god.html

Im not gonna take part in this discussion.. I just stated the fact as i saw.. So dont try to counter me

We should have scientific thinking.
With education ,we can avoid such incident

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
here is what i have to say about recent posts & to remind about the title of this topic:
god is not same as religion.you can believe in god without being limited to any religion.discuss god against science not religion against science here.for that open another thread.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Killing, fighting in the name of religion. How many people can you count.

Religion is just a tool to control the masses, which is evident even from your comment, if you could see it.

Opening educational institutions is not enough, quality education should be provided, everyone knows what is the motive of christian missionaries in India, and the quality of education provided in madarsas.

I'd say "guide" rather than "control." It is extremism which we must keep in control. I'm an advocate of complete freedom; let people choose what's best for them.

As for people's actions, they bear complete responsibility for their actions. You can't blame books and ideas for such heinous acts. Its like blaming Shaktiman for children's deaths, when they tried to imitate him a lot a decade ago.

If there are people with malicious motives working under guise of religion, they need to be brought to justice. Please don't give all religions a bad name just because some followers have done stupid things. During the course of thousand of years they are bound to be filled with a little bit of wrong ideas. Religious ideas should be taken as suggestions to enhance life and not something to be strictly abide by at any cost.

here is what i have to say about recent posts & to remind about the title of this topic:
god is not same as religion.you can believe in god without being limited to any religion.discuss god against science not religion against science here.for that open another thread.

:-D Got sidetracked...

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^^ hehehe chaupat janta ..

@ whitestar : i agree to a sense..
but when someone starts discussing something and is into the depth of the topic, many more interrelated topics start dancing in their mind, cant stop it..

Makx

Game on
I'd say "guide" rather than "control." It is extremism which we must keep in control. I'm an advocate of complete freedom; let people choose what's best for them.

As for people's actions, they bear complete responsibility for their actions. You can't blame books and ideas for such heinous acts. Its like blaming Shaktiman for children's deaths, when they tried to imitate him a lot a decade ago.

Should'nt we educate the masses so they too can become freethinkers rather than bringing them under a social conditioning tool.

So if something good happens god/books/texts can be thanked but if something bad happens they are not responsible?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
So what do you all think about sepding in thousands for poojas?

IMO,

by that money , many factories could be setup in which the poor people could work and earn.
and India will atleast not remain in this condition of non employment.

since i live in bengal, i have seen crores spen into decorating (IMO, Wasting :evil: )
and I seriously feel, that Maa Durga will be much much more happier with what i stated in my first 2 lines.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
IMO,

by that money , many factories could be setup in which the poor people could work and earn.
and India will atleast not remain in this condition of non employment.

since i live in bengal, i have seen crores spen into decorating (IMO, Wasting :evil: )
and I seriously feel, that Maa Durga will be much much more happier with what i stated in my first 2 lines.

Exactly,But my mom an all don't understand, I said instead of all this why not feed the POOR,they are like Don't say like this god will curse you.
Now tell me,How would pooja benfit? By spending money?
If they are so intrested PRAY FROM Heart not VIA 2nd mouth(pandits mouth) praying for you
NO OFFENSE TO ANY ONE HERE

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Exactly,But my mom an all don't understand, I said instead of all this why not feed the POOR,they are like Don't say like this god will curse you.
Now tell me,How would pooja benfit? By spending money?
If they are so intrested PRAY FROM Heart not VIA 2nd mouth(pandits mouth) praying for you
NO OFFENSE TO ANY ONE HERE

IMO, making them work and earn and them feed themselves with the earned money is better than feeding them (not for those who are physically challenged and/or Senior citizens)

but then..
who's listening to kids ??? :evil:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Astrologer and social activitst, Pandit Purushotam Gaur, has turned the religious practice of offering water and milk in temples into a unique method of water conservation.
Shiva Temples in Rajasthan Helping to Conserve Water | www.reset.org

And this is from friend's blog contrasting two types of belief.
A small comparative study done in a comic way, between the Norse and Greek traditions at times of similar calamity, can probably explain things in a better perspective.

Scenario 1: Hurricane and storm in the middle of the ocean.
Norse sailors: "Njord is angry! Well, we'll have a grand feast in his name if we manage to get past this storm".
Greek sailors: "Lord Poseidon is angry! Let's us bribe him a big sacrifice, think of ways to please him, pray to his statue and person to get us through this storm.*

Scenario 2: Thunderstorms
Norse : "Thor is angry! He is a short-tempered god after-all. Nothing big there".
Greek : "Zeus is angry! PRAY!"

Scenario 3: A good harvest.
Norse :* If we have a good harvest, we'll feast, drink and dance. Gods would be pleased with our merriment and laughter. It will be a fitting gesture of gratitude.*
If it was not a good harvest, we'll just go hunting, gathering and doing something else.
Greek : Pray to Gods for a good harvest. If it is not, Gods are angry. Pray again.*
If it is, Gods are pleased. Pray again to say thanks!
Don't follow through, posting link only for src The misplaced.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Another Example,Vijay Malya donated some statue to a temple in Udupi I guess,the Statue Costed like 80 lakhs
This was somewhere around April Last year.
Instead he could have payed his employes right

*www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=147480

Top Bottom