*** Science Or God? ***

Science or God?

• Total voters

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Yeah, add the punishment of hell too and see what it does...fear is not the right thing to instill judgment of good and bad into someone.

I agree to that point but it works ichi and that's what it matters. It is another thing that this fear is often misused.

Have you ever thought why do we have law and order for? You don't murder another person because you have the fear of getting caught and punishment. You don't jump a red signal because you fear that the traffic policeman present there will fine you for that (apart from the fear of getting hurt in a freak accident ;) ). I agree that you applied your mind to judge the good and the bad but it was mostly fear which makes you not do something wrong. It is in human nature of having one's own way, I mean who among us doesn't?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@gagan007

Atleast you got some valid point to post here, not like others who simply post some stuff and call others as idiots. :grin:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I agree to that point but it works ichi and that's what it matters. It is another thing that this fear is often misused.

Have you ever thought why do we have law and order for? You don't murder another person because you have the fear of getting caught and punishment. You don't jump a red signal because you fear that the traffic policeman present there will fine you for that (apart from the fear of getting hurt in a freak accident ;) ). I agree that you applied your mind to judge the good and the bad but it was mostly fear which makes you not do something wrong. It is in human nature of having one's own way, I mean who among us doesn't?

fine.

I'll relate you a pretty interesting incident. I was one of the person in conversation. This person A is from a religion X(I will not name the religion to stir the still water). We were just talking about whether one should give money/food to a person dying of hunger or not. The person A said that money/food should be given to poor but the one who honestly do prayer n times a day. To back up he said that its written in their scripture and thats what learned ones says. I said that a person in need of money/food will be least bothered about God, first thing will be to feed his hungry stomach. Even then he was reluctant to accept that he will give it to the one who is dying of hunger. The only thing that mattered for him was that he should be pious and everything else is considered later. I felt pity on myself. Even though that person is working in an IT company enjoying material pleasures (ironically uses technology for reciting prayers) but still contains daily dose of bigotry receeded back in his mind by years of brainwashing.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
First of all.. don't be a jackass moron who calls a person idiot in a debate. According to the rules..when a person accuses opposite one it indirectly indicates that he is being frustrated and no longer eligible for debate. Show some respect to others... at least.. that's what god says.

Yea.. ancient Indians were living in peace.. so did every ancient race. The tricky part is those dudes didn't even knew who the god is.

ok I admit it was a mistake. BTW I am not frustrated ;-).

Now comes the ancient indians and every ancient race....
They didn't even know what a god is????
What make you think that dude.
Every human civilization strongly believed in God, their Aradhya. Do some research and come back.
Whether it were Egypts, Romans, Mayans, Aztecs or more....Their spirituality and religious views are amazing.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

@gagan007

Atleast you got some valid point to post here, not like others who simply post some stuff and call others as idiots. :grin:

simply post some stuff, great, shows your level of thinking :cool:
first of all its my own written thing except for one post.
and All the points that I posted are valid Mr. Rajkumar, its another thing that your are not willing to read or understand them.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Every human civilization strongly believed in God, their Aradhya. Do some research and come back.

Well, he didn't mentioned like "
They didn't even know what a god is????"
He said "
They didn't even know who a god is????"

Read twice before you post.

simply post some stuff, great, shows your level of thinking :cool:
first of all its my own written thing except for one post.
and All the points that I posted are valid Mr. Rajkumar, its another thing that your are not willing to read or understand them.

What i asked you is, is there a valid proof for the GODs existence? And no0, i don't read them if i knew it's not worth reading it. I've read gagan007's post as it has some valid point, not like yours.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Whether it were Egypts, Romans, Mayans, Aztecs or more....Their spirituality and religious views are amazing.

Oh no need for research.. it is just 5th standard stuff...
Last know ancient indian civilization was mehrgah civilization(which is now in pakistan)(7000BC), indus valley civilization(3000BC), Late harappan civilization(~1900BC).. in all these indian civilizations.. they didn't even know the gods we are worshiping today.. and there were no predefined rules that we are following today. They use to worship the nature(trees, river, sun, animals) which were giving them life and livelihood. Problem rose with the sun... as he was invisible for worship at the set. So, they created a replica of him which was like a stone.. later they gave a proper shape for it.. which is their or our's shape. So.. started the long journey of the myths, epics we are hearing.

FYI, they didn't use to hear and cry to devotional songs because they want some outer body experience. They use to work their asses out to make lively hood and to pave a way for their feature.. in which we are clearly living. And which we are clearly forgetting to pave the same route for next generations by hearing and crying to songs.

And.. if you are talking about the Egyptian pagan gods, Greek gods which were in the other parts of the world.... then i don't have anything except a deep sigh.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...

Well, he didn't mentioned like "
They didn't even know what a god is????"
He said "
They didn't even know who a god is????"

Read twice before you post.
you do not make any sense at all, do you. Now don't blame it back to me.
lets come back to topic dude, no offense intended.

FYI, they didn't use to hear and cry to devotional songs because they want some outer body experience. They use to work their asses out to make lively hood and to pave a way for their feature.. in which we are clearly living. And which we are clearly forgetting to pave the same route for next generations by hearing and crying to songs.

How do you say that they didn't use to listen to devotional songs..? At least in India, music was the medium to worship the God. Every court used to have qualified musicians. The most popular example would be the Miyan Tansen, the one among the Nine Jewels of Great Akbar. He is considered as the greatest singer in 1000 years, and is the father of current Indian Classical Music. There are many Music Gharana(s) whose ancestors belong to our ancient India. What I want to say it, is that music is the soul of our Country, our Culture.
Indians developed great Instruments like sitar, sarod, tabla. The world loves our music, and you say they didn't listen to music.

If we are listening and crying to music, we are showing the future generations a wrong way? What are you saying man, at least think twice. Music has nothing to do with that, please don't blame it.
Actually we are paving a wrong way for future generations by making Nuclear Bombs, by Developing deadly viruses for battles, by destroying our mother nature for our materialistic greed, aren't we?
Enjoy~! :grin:

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
And for soul and spiritual power, Its not for replying to the idiots like you.

i guess u need to watch your language, if u have a temper problem keep it to yourself, everyone knows using those (or worst) language but have a certain level of respect as a member. maintain that.

and someone asked if its 10th grade student. to make it clear it was intended for matured people to understand the hidden meaning, to others it will approach like a 10th grade comment.

in general, people always conclude existance and power of god as faith, i have faith in science that just like it has answered so many unanswered questions so far will answer questions like origin of life, nature etc.

i dont believe that there is something called god, acc to me its a mind game n i just tel myself that even when m alone m not the most powerful one so i should fear doing anything wrong. but its just my mindgame nuttin else. so i hate people praying and crying before handmade statues, worshipping places which are more like becomming commercial places. or perform hawans to bring peace. as i said i can bring peace to myself by my own means. i dont believe in such things but m still leading a peaceful life (without loosing temper even on this debate :) )

talking about foreigners coming to india, i know about a esckon group in my city (quite famous, some mite know here). i had some spanish people in my neighbours, they are cheated badly and now they give seminars to cheat others to recruit them. one of my friends got into them, lost his career and has now become psycho and isolated. so i dont give a damn about that point.

Enjoy~!

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
^^I've already accepted it was my mistake, please don't drag it further.

Now as for Hawan, let me tell you that is also has a scientific importance. This is an age-old Hindu ritual in which offerings of ghee, googol, sugar and other saamaagri are offered into the sacred fire to the accompaniment of Sanskrit mantras. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is a rare combination of accupressure, touch healing, meditation, psychiatry, knowledge and wisdom.[/FONT] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Havan is a scientific procedure, which is associated with the science of mind and soul. This science was realised by our great rishi-munis or seer scientists in Vedic times, through their mind power.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Yajurveda says that four types of things mainly used to prepare offerings for a Havan- 1. Sweet Like honey, jaggery, raw sugar etc., 2. Antibiotic herbs like gyol, etc., 3. Nutrition like pure ghee, dry fruits etc., 4. Fragrant materials like elaichi (cardamom) dried petals flowers etc.

Scientific experiments have proven that havan destroys harmful bacteria in the atmosphere. A scientist named Tautilk proved that a patient stricken with typhoid disease can be freed of this scourge if he is exposed to the smoke of havan for half hour.

With the development of the modern science we are getting more dependent on synthetic chemicals to kill bacteria or remove pollution other than the use of natural sources like medicinal plants or energy like Sun. In our ancient days people used the natural sources to fight the bacteria and pollution.

If you want to read in much detail, it's the complete answer to your statements-
American Chronicle | Smoke of medicinal plants can kill harmful bacteria.

And don't call it a copy-paste now, I had to do it in order to clear your doubts. If I am linking something informative and as a proof, there should be no problem with that.

And Now please don't write anything ambiguous about this sacred ritual[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

How do you say that they didn't use to listen to devotional songs..? At least in India, music was the medium to worship the God. Every court used to have qualified musicians. The most popular example would be the Miyan Tansen, the one among the Nine Jewels of Great Akbar. He is considered as the greatest singer in 1000 years, and is the father of current Indian Classical Music. There are many Music Gharana(s) whose ancestors belong to our ancient India. What I want to say it, is that music is the soul of our Country, our Culture.
Indians developed great Instruments like sitar, sarod, tabla. The world loves our music, and you say they didn't listen to music.

If we are listening and crying to music, we are showing the future generations a wrong way? What are you saying man, at least think twice. Music has nothing to do with that, please don't blame it.
Actually we are paving a wrong way for future generations by making Nuclear Bombs, by Developing deadly viruses for battles, by destroying our mother nature for our materialistic greed, aren't we?
Enjoy~! :grin:

Yea.. akbar was there in indus vally civilization and late harappan civilization goofin around and he use to play with his nine jewels.. and Tansen was the best player of all. knock yourself dude. :facepalm:

I'm talking about ancient india and you are talking about a thing which happened 500 years ago.

There is nothing wrong in listening music. I'm a great listener too. Ya..I am not blaming the music but the very idea of finding the outer body experience that you said.

Yes.. science caused some severe damage to world. So does every thing in the world...So, do you blame nature for it's calamities? Every thing will have it's flip side. And yea.. if science is laying a wrong pavement for the future.. giving you a computer, mobile, tv was a big mistake made by science. They could have given you a sitar or tabla using which you could have paved a way full of tears in the name of outer body experience.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Yea.. akbar was there in indus vally civilization and late harappan civilization goofin around and he use to play with his nine jewels.. and Tansen was the best player of all. knock yourself dude. :facepalm:

I'm talking about ancient india and you are talking about a thing which happened 500 years ago.

There is nothing wrong in listening music. I'm a great listener too. Ya..I am not blaming the music but the very idea of finding the outer body experience that you said.

Yes.. science caused some severe damage to world. So does every thing in the world...So, do you blame nature for it's calamities? Every thing will have it's flip side. And yea.. if science is laying a wrong pavement for the future.. giving you a computer, mobile, tv was a big mistake made by science. They could have given you a sitar or tabla using which you could have paved a way full of tears in the name of outer body experience.

The Indus Valley civilization has not so much to do with our modern India dude, it was completely destroyed either by invasion or some earthquake. The formation base of current India is the last 2000 years. And the Mughals are the most important rulers in the history of India. And how can you say that the Indus valley people didn't listen to devotional songs? In fact many terracotta figures of various Instruments have been found.

I know science has granted has boons, without which life can't even be imagined. But does that mean that you disrespect everything that is not scientific. Making fun of our own Instruments? our own Culture? The culture that world loves.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

I don't go any further, with a person who don't even understand basic english. I was just pointed out the error you made and quote the right thing vamsi mentioned. Anyway leave it.

And you're saying that whatever happens for the past 500 years only came to know as indian culture. Is that so? Do you know when Mahabaratha happens? Do you know when all your epic happens? So, if it happens a long ago, then why you still praise those things.

Last edited:

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
^^I didn't say forget long things....didn't say it at all, why do you always try to stretch a statement so long? What I say is that our current India is mostly influenced by what happened in last 2000 years, Who said 500 Years??? and its a very, very long time.

p.s. Humans make grammatical mistakes.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
And you're saying that whatever happens before 500 years only came to know as indian culture. Is that so? Do you know when Mahabaratha happens? Do you know when all your epic happens? So, if it happens a long ago, then why you still praise those things.

Call me a spammer or whatever......but I could not resist myself. This post of u deserves clap....

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think I'll post something later which u won't call a spam.

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
I say that our culture, our traditions, rituals, various religious practices, are 90% influenced by what happened in last 2000 years. For example, there was no Ghoonghat system for females in India before mughals arrived, and now you see it in every rural area of India, mostly here, in northern India.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Call me a spammer or whatever......but I could not resist myself. This post of u deserves clap....

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think I'll post something later which u won't call a spam.

will you please explain the reason behind this clapping?

Top Bottom