Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread

shreymittal

Being Human
Samsung Galaxy S4 teardown already up on the web!

Samsung took the wraps-off it’s flagship smartphone for 2013, the Samsung Galaxy S4 just a few hours ago in New York in a Broadway-like show but guess what! Minutes before Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S4, a Chinese website it165.com, who provided us with some high-resolution leaked images of the Samsung Galaxy S4 prior to it’s launch, tore down the device and released the detailed images of what’s inside the Samsung Galaxy S4.

As seen in the images, the first thing you might notice is the Exynos 5410 Octa-Core CPU, which powers the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 while the smartphone will come with a Snapdragon 600 processor as well, but that will be a US-only variant. However, both these CPU’s are guaranteed to give a blazing fast performance to the users. The teardown shows a 3G-only variant of the Galaxy S4 for China Unicom which sports dual-SIM card slots.

As announced, the Samsung Galaxy S4 would come with a 2,600mAh battery which can be seen in the images and one of the images also gives us a close look at the 13MP camera which the Samsung Galaxy S4 sports. The sensor inside the Galaxy S4 is actually Sony’s 13MP Exmor RS sensor, which is seen on the Xperia Z as well, so expect crisp images from the new smartphone. iGyaan.in | Samsung Galaxy S4 teardown already up on the web! - iGyaan.in

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Seems like I'm not alone, everyone is disappointed. Yep same lame design. As HTC President Jason MacKenzie put's

samsung-spent-money-on-marketing-not-innovation/

rider

as Kratos
S4, One, and Z all of them are great phones. The buying depends upon the user's preference. Features, software and performance wise S4 is the boss. Those who are looking for good water proof body should buy Xperia Z.

amjath

Human Spambot

TBH Samsung used the available sensors in the phone which no other manufacturer has done. I dont know what u guys are expecting out of phone. As far as S4 design is ugly period. U cannot give away poly carbonate build for 2 reasons,

1. U cannot use aluminum when u have wireless charging it blocks the induction (correct me if I'm wrong).
2. U cannot use other materials if u want to open the back cover.
PS: its not plastic

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Seems like I'm not alone, everyone is disappointed. Yep same lame design. As HTC President Jason MacKenzie put's

+1.Agree, Samsung is all cared on Bashing Apple now, I dont think some may agree with it, Now their main aim is to create ads mocking Apple,What did they do? They have done the same thing like apple did with Iphone 5, just expanded the size :rofl:

rider

as Kratos

Haha!HTC spent both on marketing and innovation but still they dropped on the floor last year's sales and revenue.

amjath

Human Spambot
S4, One, and Z all of them are great phones. The buying depends upon the user's preference. Features, software and performance wise S4 is the boss. Those who are looking for good water proof body should buy Xperia Z.

bro still u will think for a second before jumping into with water ur xperia z. Fact!!

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Haha!HTC spent both on marketing and innovation but still they dropped on the floor last year's sales and revenue.

They didn't spend a lot in marketing like samsung . Maybe if they have concentrated only on marketing like samsung their revenue would have gone up.

bro still u will think for a second before jumping into with water ur xperia z. Fact!!
:yeahright:

rider

as Kratos
+1.Agree, Samsung is all cared on Bashing Apple now, I dont think some may agree with it, Now their main aim is to create ads mocking Apple,What did they do? They have done the same thing like apple did with Iphone 5, just expanded the size :rofl:

Just expanded the size? :shock: What!!
Basically, if samsung brought a new fresh design with average software and hardware changes you would have been more impressed? As far as I care about, if someone is spending money on a phone, he would rather put money on a smartphone that has the best specs on the market than on a sexy phone. I find the S4 pleasant to the eye not as sexy as the xperia z and htc one but what is under that skin, nothing is compared to it. :)

Let me tell you the features of new Samsung Galaxy S4. Some are innovative and really cool to use in daily life.
* The phone size is little bit smaller, lighter and much stronger. They also increased 0.19" more with 441 PPI and non-pentile display.

* The innovative feature which gets ability to shoot images and videos from both rear and front facing cameras "at the same time."

* Air view with fingers, no need of S Pen or stylus.

* Now it supports any gloves for touch screen.

* Smart Scroll that helps to scroll through hand gestures.

* Eye tracking helps to up and down the page.

* Samsung bring the Infrared (IR) tech back. Now we can control TV from smartphone.

* Samsung Knox helps to separate personal and business use of the phone. Just like Blackberry 10.

* S Health will keep you record your diet.

* Group Play shares content with those around you.

* Samsung Smart Pause. That starts and pause the video while you move your head from the phone. (Amazing)

* Uber fast camera performance that takes 100 pictures in seconds.

And many more that I forgot... someone please tell.

:lol: I know by knowing the performance,features and display of Xperia Z people will definitely through their phone in water. That's why sony gave this feature. #JK
Jokes apart. That water proof body is only a safety feature like airbags on car. I personally don't prefer sharp sexy edges of SXZ, it makes uncomfortable to grip. :)

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
rest check the video i posted above :D

@theserpent check out theabove table and photo i posted bro dimension wise nothing changed

rider

as Kratos
rest check the video i posted above :D

I don't why samsung haters bragging plastic sh1t. It is made of the best quality polycarbonate material. It gives light weight, strength, and helps to pass signal transferring smoothly than any other material like aluminium and glass.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ yes aluminum blocks induction which is used for wireless charging, I have done it in my final year project

maddy

Journeyman
All i can think of galaxy s4 is nothing but new samsung bond movie :). In every new movie bond gets new gadgets its not necessary bond will get new tech every time many times he gets innovative gadgets :p
on other hand felt bad that Samsung is so busy in marketing to chase apple that they forgot galaxy S brand is always been main attraction of every android lover :D and against Sony xperia Z or Htc one..... S4 looks are old more than 40 mil s3 users already have that look :) so in look aaaah heart broken :wah:
so for me all Samsung did is Took S3 added new super cool display more megapixel camera new os extra cool gadgets and here it is new galaxy s4 big brother of s3
in short no matter how cool Sasuke is in Naruto for fans Itachi Uchiha (big brother) is always cool and best ............. :D
many of us gona hate this that Samsung didnt change lot in S4 still we gona end up buying one :D coz its cool...........

rider

as Kratos
Samsung Galaxy S 4 seems total bull **** in design... nothing new as expected.
Disappointed..

Dude are you a girl or some fashion designer? :shock: Phone design is not a big deal for a man. Yes its not as sexy as Xperia Z but check the performance and features dude.
Always remember there are two type of people. One who checks only the back of the smartphone and other who only sees the screen, enjoy the performance and nothing else of the phone. If smartphones were human. would say Xperia Z is a slim sexy girl with less talent and Galaxy S4 as a rough and unattractive man with brilliant talents. Both are good in their own way. :D

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
All i can think of galaxy s4 is nothing but new samsung bond movie :). In every new movie bond gets new gadgets its not necessary bond will get new tech every time many times he gets innovative gadgets :p
on other hand felt bad that Samsung is so busy in marketing to chase apple that they forgot galaxy S brand is always been main attraction of every android lover :D and against Sony xperia Z or Htc one..... S4 looks are old more than 40 mil s3 users already have that look :) so in look aaaah heart broken :wah:
so for me all Samsung did is Took S3 added new super cool display more megapixel camera new os extra cool gadgets and here it is new galaxy s4 big brother of s3
in short no matter how cool Sasuke is in Naruto for fans Itachi Uchiha (big brother) is always cool and best ............. :D
many of us gona hate this that Samsung didnt change lot in S4 still we gona end up buying one :D coz its cool...........

Don't forget the ultimate developer's support of Galaxy phones. And dude take a look on features for a second. You just see the body and start saying same old S3 with little bigger screen and more megapixels.

amjath

Human Spambot

:blink:

rider

as Kratos
They didn't spend a lot in marketing like samsung . Maybe if they have concentrated only on marketing like samsung their revenue would have gone up.

:yeahright:

Well they done a lot of TVC ad and posters in cities of flagship HTC One X. But the pricing, non removable battery and non expendable memory like things avoid users to get one. Also the initial wifi signal dropping issue was major drawback.

Different people, different talk. :lol:

pratyush997

Inactive
Dude are you a girl or some fashion designer? :shock: Phone design is not a big deal for a man. Yes its not as sexy as Xperia Z but check the performance and features dude.
Always remember there are two type of people. One who checks only the back of the smartphone and other who only sees the screen, enjoy the performance and nothing else of the phone. If smartphones were human. I would say Xperia Z is a slim sexy girl with less talent and Galaxy S4 as a rough and unattractive man with brilliant talents. Both are good in their own way. :D

Bro I expected a lot more from Sammy... those so health and all just seems be bloats...
IMHO HTC one wins here.
And for the octa core thing.
Even my dual core scorpion runs jb smooth. With heavy lwp

red dragon

Master troll
Samsung Galaxy S4 specs and pic leak

It(GS4) looks much nicer than GS3.
Hope the screen is not worse than Z and hp out impedance is not messed up like GS3.

pratyush997

Inactive

TBH Samsung used the available sensors in the phone which no other manufacturer has done. I dont know what u guys are expecting out of phone. As far as S4 design is ugly period. U cannot give away poly carbonate build for 2 reasons,

1. U cannot use aluminum when u have wireless charging it blocks the induction (correct me if I'm wrong).
2. U cannot use other materials if u want to open the back cover.
PS: its not plastic

What do you think polycarbonate is?

Top Bottom