Salary or Better Workplace -Which one would you compromise on and why?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
uh i know some of this as well, but someone who has one roti is more likely to share it than someone who has five rotis, so I refuse to feel any kind of sympathy for the poor or so called "real india", hey the rich are real too, and they indian... and at least a few of them worked hard for it lol... and more than the poverty what really affects these guys is a lack of proper education, as they do crazy things without thinking lol (haz doc friend in rural area some of the stories he tells me are outrageous), but they are mostly smart in other ways and enterprising as well anyway, I w ould choose a better workplace over a better salary as there is no point of a better salary if you are not enjoying what you do every day
and there can be nothing better than looking out for others and helping others, thats the best thing anyone can do, so good going red

red dragon

Master troll
I refuse to feel any kind of sympathy for the poor or so called "real india"
It is not sympathy bro,when you see those little kids starving and dying,you feel a sharp shooting pain in the left side of your chest.
Those little under 5 kids are no sons/daughters of a lesser God,they are as innocent as my little daughter.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You feel sad, sure...but in anyway do you feel guilt or consider yourself responsible for this?

(I just hope you don't)

revolt

Banned
If you are getting a good salary in a bad work place then go for it.Keep working for few years when you feel that you have earned enough leave.:wink:

dont get married you will live happily and you will even contribute something to this country for lowering the population.:wink:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
depends on how high the difference in salary is. If its very high, say more than 40-50% then high paying job of course..

otherwise its better work and work space... Obvioulsy this I say form my own personal work experience. I work at Adobe, the workplace is simply amazing, much better than many others in the same league.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I'd prefer a better workplace.

Don't wanna get embarrassed telling people that you work in some scammy den?

Flash

Lost in speed
A lot of factors contribute to this question.
In simple, go for better workplace if you're Bachelor. Salary ,when married. :D

nginx

In the zone
Job satisfaction is far more important to me. I have to be comfortable in the environment I am working in and the people I am working with or I wouldn't even last long there. Proper work hours, a friendly boss, balanced work load, ambience of workplace etc. are big factors and I wouldn't sacrifice those for a 30% increase in salary.

Flash

Lost in speed
Better workplace in my opinion.
Whats the use of doing unpleasant work, in lieu of higher salary. Unpleasant work --> Unpleasant mind

Thou get lowest salary in a better workplace, you will get a sense of fulfillment + support of colleagues in whatever you do.
Pleasant work --> Positive energy --> Positive mind.

axes2t2

I am a cat
^^ What he said.

But seriously I wouldn't mind working close to a fish market bcoz where there is a fish market there are lots of cats.

Flash

Lost in speed
If am right,

Better salary = 29 days of pressure+ 1 day of happiness (^salary)
Better workplace = 29 days of happiness + 1 day of pressure (coz of low salary :lol:)

But seriously I wouldn't mind working close to a fish market bcoz where there is a fish market there are lots of cats.

Maybe you should apply for 'Cat Videos' department of the Google! :lol:

shashankm

I reign hell..
I used to think money rules over head. Everything is salable. That was me in my teens!
I started my career with a startup company that used to deal in product based software services.

Environment - 6 hours of electricity cut daily to compensate on which, they used to have beastly diesel generators and when these generators used to start, all we could ever hear was our own ruminations....'What the F was I thinking?".
Environment Inside - Company was full of sycophants, colleagues were good but management was next to nothing.
Salary - Believe me, I celebrated until the day I joined. For a fresher, they paid handsomely.
I left the company in 5 months, despite my best efforts of keeping me bound to that crappy place. I couldn't withstand diesel fumes everytime I sat down to concentrate and sooner or later and I was sure that it will backfire on my health, if I continued. I joined someplace else, with better people and a bit lesser salary.

Moreoever, such a gangrinic management is disastrous for any company. No wonder they're history now!

Corollary - You can't always judge the workplace unless you start working for the place. Salary is shown right the moment after your HR round. Good things don't come easy to you always remember, false things always are easy to get.

Top Bottom