Rs 600 per month enough to feed family of five: Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
a statement smacking of utter disregard for the poor, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Saturday that Rs 600 per month is enough for a family of five to sustain itself. "In Rs 600, he would get dal, rice and wheat. A family of five can easily complete their needs," Dikshit said while launching the UPA's new food security scheme Dilli Annashree Yojna.

Under the programme, Rs 600 per month would be transferred directly to the Aadhaar-linked bank accounts of the senior-most women member of poor families. Dikshit's statement has left the Opposition aghast.

BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, "Hundred years back, people may be able to meet their needs in 600. But, in the present age when you don't even get a single meal in Rs 600, the Congress is insulting the poor by launching such schemes."

Source: Rs 600 per month enough to feed family of five: Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit- Politics News- IBNLive

Has the government of this country really left with some perception of Reality ? *ourfooty.com.au/forum/emote/facepalm.gif

Hrishi

Well transferring some money to the poor people is good move , but making such remarks is stupid indeed., specially for cities like Delhi.

:facepalm:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
"Some of the most convincing people you would ever listen to are born liars. Usually they are called politicians." - Det. Cole Phelps

Phelps couldn't have known that here the liars are least convincing & utmost daft! Another sophomoric entity from the UPA-asylum. Bloody zombies!

pratyush997

Inactive
:facepalm: for the brilliance of the leaders of this country!
Seriuosly, I think under British rule India was somewhat better!

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
that :censored: should try to survive on rs600 p.m first and then talk
OR
she has "eaten" ;-) all the money for a poor man's fund etc and rs 600 is all that she can spare

mitraark

Decrepit
I'm not siding with Sheila Dixit , but where can i get the full conversation ? News channels have their way of twisting statements.

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
First 32Rs/Day Now 600Rs/month

And this not for Per Single person but rather family of FIVE

Well transferring some money to the poor people is good move , but making such remarks is stupid indeed., specially for cities like Delhi.

:facepalm:

Its not a statement she gave to news channel. It was worse. It was at a function she said while launching the UPA's new food security scheme Dilli Annashree Yojna.

bubusam13

Human
Rs 32 x 30 days = Rs 960 / month which was much better than Rs 600/month.
If people can actually survive, why are they increasing the minister's salary.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Is this applicable on Planet Earth or .. ? If it is then kindly accept my small token,

*i46.tinypic.com/oa7in6.gif

I am on fantastic mood, that's why skipping the 'good' words.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
600 a month...

So, 600/5 = 120 per head per month

So, 120 / 30 = 4 Rs. per head per day

God, end this world please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom