Rs 600 per month enough to feed family of five: Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit

ratul

█████████████████
How ever did she come with that figure? Wow. What a generous lady ?!

she is openly making fun of the people..
and the saddest part is that we ourselves is electing her since 1998, 15yrs of open reign on delhi, and still she makes such a comment after such a long reign

mastervk

In the zone
I am not a congress supporter but instead of getting angry people should try to understand better.They are not talking about us.Rs 600 might be very less (and it is) but limits like Rs 32 per day or Rs 600 per month are for BPL people.

More important thing here is that even after defining BPL limit as low as Rs 32 per day more than 40% of Indians will fall in BPL. so these limits are very low to us but half of the India is surviving on less than it ...Current BPL in India is Rs 370-560 per month.I guess that's why this statement.

More than 68% of Indian lives on less than Rs 100 per day.Hell more than 40% of Indian children are malnutritioned.So we can all be angry about such statements but these reflects reality in India.Unfortunately many many Indians are not getting even Rs 600 per month and they are surviving on less than it.

Krow

Crowman
True that. It may sound insensitive, but 600 bucks is far more than what many poor people live on every month.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
True that. It may sound insensitive, but 600 bucks is far more than what many poor people live on every month.

She said it for 5 people. So u mean 120 is far more than what many poor people live on every month ? And more importantly, is it sufficient ?

Krow

Crowman
*www.indianexpress.com/news/"critic...-to-supplement-other-schemes-sheila"/1046223/

The media did hype one part of her statement. A lot of you, like fools, took the bait. I personally feel Dikshit is a good CM, far better than most chief ministers or other Congress leaders.

ridikulus

Banned
Critics have got it wrong, Annashree money meant to supplement other schemes: Sheila - Indian Express

The media did hype one part of her statement. A lot of you, like fools, took the bait. I personally feel Dikshit is a good CM, far better than most chief ministers or other Congress leaders.

congress worker?

...... which Delhi do you live in ? lutyens ?

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Critics have got it wrong, Annashree money meant to supplement other schemes: Sheila - Indian Express

If you suggest she was quoted out of context or that only a part of her statement was used ,Its all loose attempt to save face. Her statement is complete in itself. Even if you club all the schemes as she later added to save herself still 600 Rs per Month for Family of 5 is a huge joke.

*sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/15404_578639875486320_1795449864_n.jpg. Rather it were raged people's reaction to insensitive statements.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
congress worker?

...... which Delhi do you live in ? lutyens ?

What do you expect? A fully developed futuristic model town? Wake up and look around. The standard of living in Delhi is far better than elsewhere at the moment. Mumbai has totally gone to the dogs, but Delhi has improved a lot since 2010.

Congress worker? :lol: Be realistic. Sheila is among the country's better chief ministers, along with Nitish Kumar, Modi (minus riots), and to some extent Shivraj Chauhan.

Krow

Crowman
have you been to the dickshits annual holi party? whos who come there.... trust me...

Banned user for a week. Do not use unparliamentary language. Warned enough people on this thread. Any more swearing will not be tolerated.

Krow

Crowman
If you suggest she was quoted out of context or that only a part of her statement was used ,Its all loose attempt to save face. Her statement is complete in itself. Even if you club all the schemes as she later added to save herself still 600 Rs per Month for Family of 5 is a huge joke.
Agreed with your point. But I still feel she has done more for her state than many other chief ministers across the nation. I'm sure she didn't mean to say the title of this thread though.

Top Bottom