[Complaint] Rashi Peripheral Cheating with XFX Graphic Card Warranty - ReSolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavan_joy

Journeyman
"Product service sometime varies from place to place. "
I agree with this.

I'm from Tamil Nadu. Rashi replaced my 8500GT XFX graphic card after 14 days(6 months ago)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
"Product service sometime varies from place to place. "
I agree with this.

That "place to place" is actually varies from country to country. That's understandable. Its pretty obvious that since Rashi is the only distri for altec lansing, asus and xfx (for what reason- God knows) and hence they are acting as a you-know-what.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
rashi mumbai is equally bad..my friend had to go through a torrid time with rashi for xfx 8600(think it was gts)...they refused to replace his after the rma was given..he had to go from pillar to post to get his card back...rashi mumbai people are rude as well except for one person or so..calls made to xfx were useless since they just told him to go back to rashi,after threatening legal action,they accepted his card & since the model shut down,they decided to give a new one..but when they gave him a new card(one of the 9series card with dvi port),the rashi person started talking rudely
& even questioning the point of giving a new card with the people inside..he had to wait till the rashi guys decide that the upgraded card was 'worth' giving him..in all it took him few months or so..u have to persist with them,many give up,this is where they win..keep pressurizing them,that is when they start listening...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
That "place to place" is actually varies from country to country. That's understandable. Its pretty obvious that since Rashi is the only distri for altec lansing, asus and xfx (for what reason- God knows) and hence they are acting as a you-know-what.

Sorcerer, is it possible you could list out all the brands/products which currently Rashi holds the RMA franchisee for (collaborative or exclusive)...? Would help.

We can tack it to the Rashi Feedback thread too.

tkin

Back to school!!
Sorcerer, is it possible you could list out all the brands/products which currently Rashi holds the RMA franchisee for (collaborative or exclusive)...? Would help.

ASUS, XFX(in kolkata akshay also imports xfx), Altec Lansing, thats all I can cook up.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

these are the brands currently associated with rashi..got this from techenclave

Asus motherboards/GPUs, XFX motherboards/GPUs/PSUs, ECS motherboards, A-DATA memory, Plantronics, AMD processors, Sony DVD burners, Freecom portable hard drives, Logitech, Leadtek GPUs, Altec Lansing, Sandisk, APC, Netgear, Fujitsu laptops
Find your peripheral's service centre details here!

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What i don't understand is how the heck can fungus be physical damage. Physical damage is said to have occured if there is a crack on the pcb. A part of the pcb being chipped off. Missing smd(surface mount device, like resistor, capacitor, IC etc), scratches on any part of the card, signs of tampering like worn out screws, tracks on pcb being cut and burn marks on the pcb.
When i gave my card back for warranty back in 2008 it had rust on its bracket and heat sink.
Here is what my card looked like(not the actual picture)
*images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll200/14-150-089-01.jpg

yep, even if the guy at the counter has claimed about "Fungus" ( though it's big lie ) can't be a physical damage. Moreover, how come "fungus" can be produced on a gfx card which was used daily for at-least 3-4 hours.

How the hell Rashi just keep these kind of semi literate maniacs at service center who don't know what they are talking about and even don't know how to behave with a person who need after sales service.

Also their central support center is bad as the branch in kolkata so that they have just stopped replying. They have no shame while making false claims and lie to people.

@Topgear: Henceforth..dont buy Rashi Products......
specially XFX.....

I will not buy anything distributed by Rashi in the future and won't even recommend any products distributed by them.

That could be but as far as I heard Rashi blore and delhi has replaced gfx card ( those were physically damaged ) without much hassle but they have completely ****ed up their service in most of the cities though.

Also XFX is no good - XFX will just waste your time and claim that warranty is reseller responsibility or in very special situation ( like this ) will offer you to send back the card for rma with "proper packaging" to their Hong Kong rma center. But for a distributor there's no need for original box pack - what a sick joke.

XFX and Rashi is all here to just make big profits and we are here to just face issues like this - as you said even if you send something to them like you are a mod/important member of some forum they won't just listen bcoz they know very well that we can not do much .

How many people go through forums if they have to buy some tech products - I know the number has increased but it's still not enough - so they just sell their bad products with bad after sales service - so they have have no headache about bad publicity or losing market share.
As for consumer court even if you win and they don't want to respect the result you've to go the civil court which is another lengthy process.
Regarding my issue - as they have claimed bullshit I've not took my card back from them as I suspect they have physically damaged it while it was ( and still is ) in their service center and I will not take this faulty card back anyday. I just want a a working and eqivalent card as replacement but who really cares ??!!

Gollum

Collector
Dude fungus forms on food items and sweaty clothes which have not been washed for ages and kept in a damp condition. A computer peripheral is subjected to heat and 8600 is a hot plate. Those guys just don't want to spend money on any warranty claim. How long has it been since you bought this card? If its nearly 3years then don't stress your mind and save up cash to buy a new card which will give you better performance. Also tell your parents about the warranty issue.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well my first experience with Rashi gone good. I deposited my dead Logitech G15 KB on 1st November. At first they said, particularly the person who took it, if I am not much wrong, his name is 'Sambhu' that I might not get warranty coz Logitech has stopped support for the product. My KB was within warranty, it will be finished on January,2011. So that 'Might not' word irritated me and after depositing the KB to them I came back home and first thing I done was to e-mail Rashi @their central e-mail id which is- asusrma@rptechindia.com and stated that my KB is very much inside warranty and still they said I might not get warranty. You won't believe they replied just next day morning and asked me to send them a scanned copy of my KB purchase bill. I took a picture from my cell and sent it to them. They replied instantly that- "That is ok. I have asked my team to arrange the replacement. Kindly coordinate with them.
Regards
Ashok Goenka."
I waited two days and called Rashi today, they said my NEW KB is ready. I went, took my KB. When giving that same person who took the KB was saying me I didn't need to email the central as it would get replaced very easily.
So am I lucky or Rashi is becoming 'near good' status? Dunno.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've mailed them 4 times so far. First I mailed to asusrma@rptechindia.com and got a reply on 29th oct from someone named rajkumar rajak ( rajkumar.rajak@rptechindia.com ) and he said me he will check with branch and update me about this and CCed it to :

rmakolkata@rptechindia.com
manas.biswas@rptechindia.com

After this till today I've sent 3 more mails to them and got no reply on the update status. So what's wong is going with me ? Why the people at Rashi is not even replying me about update ?

BTW, Is this is Ashok Goenka's mail id : ashokg@rptechindia.com

sending him a mail today and definitely I will quote the thread link.

yep, that sambhu guy is the main smart ass bocz of his lousy manner the warranty claim of my card got into trouble and someday i will give it back to him.

Dude fungus forms on food items and sweaty clothes which have not been washed for ages and kept in a damp condition. A computer peripheral is subjected to heat and 8600 is a hot plate. Those guys just don't want to spend money on any warranty claim. How long has it been since you bought this card? If its nearly 3years then don't stress your mind and save up cash to buy a new card which will give you better performance. Also tell your parents about the warranty issue.

This is exactly my point. The card is 2 years old.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I've mailed them 4 times so far. First I mailed to asusrma@rptechindia.com and got a reply on 29th oct from someone named rajkumar rajak ( rajkumar.rajak@rptechindia.com ) and he said me he will check with branch and update me about this and CCed it to :

rmakolkata@rptechindia.com
manas.biswas@rptechindia.com

After this till today I've sent 3 more mails to them and got no reply on the update status. So what's wong is going with me ? Why the people at Rashi is not even replying me about update ?

yep, that sambhu guy is the main smart ass bocz of his lousy manner the warranty claim of my card got into trouble and someday i will give it back to him.

This is exactly my point. The card is 2 years old.
Do you see any fungus on the card yourself?? Tell them to show the fungus to you. Fungus could only grow on the card if you left it in a damped room unused for months, even then its hard to believe because fungus grows on organic substances, not on a gpu.
Do you know any mean badass looking guy? ;-)Take him with you, my friend was being mistreated by supreme some years back, then he took his uncle with him who was a bit scary looking and worked in the police, they gave rma immediately:twisted:

PS: On a side note, every company should be like corsair, I just lost the cap of my pen drive, mailed them and they sent me a replacement cap free of cost in just 2 weeks(from usa), thats the kind of after sales support customers deserve.

Gollum

Collector
PS: On a side note, every company should be like corsair, I just lost the cap of my pen drive, mailed them and they sent me a replacement cap free of cost in just 2 weeks(from usa), thats the kind of after sales support customers deserve.

lol they even replaced a pen drive cap!!:shock:

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Yes that's his email id. That 'Sambhu' is a pushable guy I think, yesterday a gentleman came there to take his replaced Altec Lansing speaker. At first he(sambhu) said he has to come back after 2-3 days. Then that man pushed him and sambhu said him to wait, the new speaker came within 15 mins.
So I think after mailing to Ashok Goenka you should talk to Sambhu.
This might be his email id- shambhu.das@rptechindia.com
Good Luck

Yup, wish they made gpus.
Why only GPU? If service is that good they should make CPU. MoBo, everything...

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes that's his email id. That 'Sambhu' is a pushable guy I think, yesterday a gentleman came there to take his replaced Altec Lansing speaker. At first he(sambhu) said he has to come back after 2-3 days. Then that man pushed him and sambhu said him to wait, the new speaker came within 15 mins.
Good Luck

Why only GPU? If service is that good they should make CPU. MoBo, everything...
Because gpus probably have the highest fail rate among any pc components on the long run.

sukesh1090

Adam young
topgear my suggestion is they have cheated people and its our time to cheat them so,open a new thread stating your problem and the other guys should reply only stating that "don't buy from rashi" "rashi are cheaters" like that and don't post anything else and also simply guys should post that they have bought ....... from rashi and they didn't replaced it like that(still they if have not faced any problem from rashi or they didn't bought any thing from rashi:p) and they will go to consumer court and u don't reply that your parents won't allow like that.the tread should not contain any other discussion like that the person in delhi got it replaced like that,just post bad things about rashi though it is not true, create your own problem and post and after u get enough replies just send the link to them again.tht's all.(try to target kolkata branch in the replies)

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Faun - as mod I can see even your deleted post and that is what I want to do exactly with him.

Do you see any fungus on the card yourself?? Tell them to show the fungus to you. Fungus could only grow on the card if you left it in a damped room unused for months, even then its hard to believe because fungus grows on organic substances, not on a gpu.
Do you know any mean badass looking guy? ;-)Take him with you, my friend was being mistreated by supreme some years back, then he took his uncle with him who was a bit scary looking and worked in the police, they gave rma immediately:twisted:

No when I gave the card to the dick head there was no fungus or any sort of physical damage. It's after 1 week they were making sick claims.

Your friend was a lucky one - one guy from kolkata ( he is our forum member too - I forgot the name ) bought a XFX 7900 or somekind of highend card from supreme and supreme just ripped off 5k more from him than the actual price - when after 2 days he came to know about the price he went there with his parents and supreme guys just refused his claims and they and they said it was 5k more before 2 days! and it's not possible to refund anything.

I was once being mistrated by supreme people - it was related to mora mobo - it was not functioning after the day of purchase - so I went there with the mobo and they were giving me bullshit reason and after some heated arguments I make them to refund the sell.

So I really don't need some mean badass looking guy ( fawkess from fallout 3 ) with me - when after 7 days they refused to RMA to replace the card for fungus reason ( after some heated conversation ) I made them to keep the card with them for replacement.

Good Luck

mailed to Ashok Goenka on 11th Nov as but still got no reply and yesterday on 12th nov called that Sambhu ( f*c*i*g cheater ) - now he is telling that he has found fungus and even rust ( now that's another new claim by that guy ) on the gfx card- I told him that it's their fault as they have not kept the card in a proper location in the service center and I even told him that I will lodge a complain in consumer court but he answered me to do that first and call'em later.

so at the end of the day it's clear as crystal that not only Rashi Peripheral is cheating with me and that's why their guys at central office is not replying and co-operating with their employees in the local branch to cheating with me about the warranty/RMA issue.

topgear my suggestion is they have cheated people and its our time to cheat them so,open a new thread stating your problem and the other guys should reply only stating that "don't buy from rashi" "rashi are cheaters" like that and don't post anything else and also simply guys should post that they have bought ....... from rashi and they didn't replaced it like that(still they if have not faced any problem from rashi or they didn't bought any thing from rashi:p) and they will go to consumer court and u don't reply that your parents won't allow like that.the tread should not contain any other discussion like that the person in delhi got it replaced like that,just post bad things about rashi though it is not true, create your own problem and post and after u get enough replies just send the link to them again.tht's all.(try to target kolkata branch in the replies)

they have some really thick skins and they won't care even if you create 100 threads like this and show it to them.

BTW, making my RMA paper a public one now ( edited personal infos and the fungus marked in red ) :

*i56.tinypic.com/v7fm1l.jpg

Gollum

Collector
On the bottom its written, received on approval basis. If they took it its their responsibility. Doesn't digit have a section about these issues in the mag? Why not notify them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom