[Complaint] Rashi Peripheral Cheating with XFX Graphic Card Warranty - ReSolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
They will probably say physical damage (since the fan is not working)
or they would probably say, stop pestering us, your card is still working, come back when it dies completely so that we can send you back again saying warranty void (fungus)
new name for rashi, "fungus peripherals"

that's really a appropriate name regarding this situation.

@ Topgear.. actually its the first time that I'm hearing about rudeness on Rashi's behalf.. my friend had a burnt 7600 GT and they replaced it with 8600GT... Once I went with my friend to their office (Chandigarh) to replace his motherboard.. and they did..

Regarding the warranty, kick your dealer's a$$.. warranty is of 3 years.. I know that.. I've been using XFX cards all my life..

In this issue Rashi is both distributor and dealer ( bought it from Savera Marketing which is well known as the outlet of Rashi peripheral Kolkata ) of this gfx card - so I may not be able to do much.

BTW, they should not be kicked on a$$ but somewhere else - figure it out and you will find it more appropriate for them.

I thought fungus needs moisture for growth and i have never seen/heard of moisture inside the cabinet or even a Graphics which heat up a lot... even if there was a fungus it would get "burnt"...

I guess for Rashi ppl its raining inside the cabinet and the Graphics card.... lol

Didn't the rashi ppl learn this in 8th standard ? or they are all illiterate which seems to be the case...

and they are arrogant and ignorant too and misbehaves and they even don't know to keep their promise and they don't reply to your mails - that's how Rashi Peripherals and their people works.

the problem is the Great manufacturers who appointed Rashi peripherals as their distributors are not aware of this dilapidated situation faced by their customers. Recently i have read that A-DATA also is appointing that abominable Rashi as their Distributor. In the respective sites of those Manufacturers can we not write a feedback regarding Rashi?

yep, I also think sop - it's not that XFX don't know anything but they are acting as deaf and dumb and they would always say you Warranty is Reseller's Responsibility ( even if Reseller is offering 1 year instead of 3 or denying warranty for bullshit reason like this ). They blindly supports what distributors say to them and in here they don't have any headache regarding consumer issue - they can only think of big profits which is just coming to them through this of distributors.

XFX product quality has changed now from the past and I've also noticed that these kind of fungus distributors ( kolkata has 2 XFX distributor! ) are unwilling to provide warranty on low to mid range Nvidia gpu based xfx products.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
So "as of now" this issue is not going to solve and I'm going to take that card back

I am the latest addition to the team******
I had submitted my faulty HD 5770 to them at 18-10. After than I called them several times and they were keep saying this card is out of stock and once available they r gonna replace it. It was confirmed that the card was faulty n I'm gonna get a new one. last week Wednesday they confirmed about the new card. I sent a friend to collect it. Once I've reached Kolkata on 20th, i found out that it is the same card, I have given to them. I rushed to rashi on Monday morning @ 12. After a lot of fight, they asked me to come after 5 when they would test the card with games.
I went to Vedant and have told them about the incident. They instantly called a guy named Vikash, who was present at that time and asked me to explain everything to him. He is a big-shot in Rashi.
He called someone and has redirected me to a guy called Sambhu Das. I again went to Rashi but the guys didn't do anything until 6:30. There was a superior named Manas Biswas who I think is the main culprit. When I told them that they informed me in phone that my card has been replaced, he told me that I was lying and they did not find any defect and all the games were running perfectly. This guy is a genuine *******.
However their so called engineers nothing other than idiots, they don't have driver for ATi cards and tried to install Nvidia driver.
After I told them what to do, they downloaded Catalyst 10.4, net framework 2.0 and install Delta force 2. I was terrified by their choice of games. But when they started the game, instantly the system gets hanged. Now it was 7:30. I started to shout and some big guys who were relatively good came out. I told them everything. Now Manas changed his tone and said leave the card over there and they would replace it. I simply said I can't wait for another 1 month and needed the money back. After a long fight I have won and they gave me credit note of 8.3K for Vedant. It is now 8:30 and I've won the battle.
Next day I went to Vedant and bought XFX HD 6870 @ 14.9K+Vat.

I had to post it. Because he somehow manages to get justice out of those thugs by his own efforts and kudos to his hard work. I appreciate it very much.

A personal victory of one or two won't change the situation though. Read below why did I say so :

I think they should have gave cilus a complete refund - depreciation cost can't be valid for warranty claims - even if you have used a product and it shows some defect in warranty period you have complete to right to get the product replaced or get a complete refund without reducing even a single penny from the price you have paid while buying that product

In my case they are not even willing to test it and keep telling me to take the card back. So "as of now" I'm going to take the card back.

So it's obvious two people are creating this kind of warranty probs and the other people at Rashi is co-operating with them. I told it coz how many people will really want to wait for 7-8 hours there to teach them the lesson. and sometime even that may not work.

People have important works to do and warranty claim does not means waste of your invaluable times . Also not all people can wait for upto 7-8 pm and 7-8 hours in there office for personal reason. distance, age etc.

I usually go there around 11am-12pm and it's very hard ( and somewhat impossible ) for me to wait that long for distance.

Last time I went there at 11.30am and the sambhu guy was not there. I asked manas ( service center in-charge ) to let me know the status of my gfx card but he said sambhu deals with those.At 1.15pm sambhu showed up. Then the security guard there gave us serial and I got sn2 and told us to stand in the line . Now after entering the office the sambhu guy stared his own works ignoring the long line in-front of him. From 1.50 pm ( meanwhile he handed over another guy he knew a large speaker set - that guy did not even stand in the line ) he started to people in front of him him and said he will do it only upto 2pm.

They take advantage of this kind of situation and denies warranty claims/ returns faulty product again and again ( how many people want to go to these kinds of thugs again and again ) and if you have to say something about any issue you have to do that after the official time for customers is over as you are making some kind of secret deal with them.

They do this for cheating people.If they have to do something they should do it in official work hours for customers which is written clearly at the counter. Why they do it secretly and why we have to always waste our time for their faults and greediness.

Rashi has made big claim on their website but their service engineer ( ? ! ) don't even know about appropriate video driver - how can you trust on there service and anything they say to you about warranty. They don't know anything about hardware components/ what is called dust or fungus and how to install proper driver for HW components. How come Rashi has recruited them ? This now raised a big question mark about there after sales service.

So now it is not a just a warranty issue of mine only - they are doing same kind of thing with every people possible customers who needs after sales service. Not every people use forum and know a lot about HW components - so their story never gets published.

But I've published mine and some of our members posted their experiences as well and now we have got somewhat a clear picture fo the whole thing.

Rashi should really consider changing their employees at the kolkata branch office - specially the two mentioned in the above post and there service engineers.

It would be best if someone ( like some one linked with reputed mags or some reputed websites/organization ) with enough resource and contacts can contact the higher official of Rashi regarding their kolkata branch office and if some reputaed mag/website can publish about this kind of incident.

Wake Up Digit people - it's time for do something.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not only him I'm highlighting two names in the Cilus's post.

BTW, can you believe that they used CS to test a gfx card like HD5770 - that game is not appropriate to test powerful cards like that but what can be expected more from this kind of jerks who wants to install nvidia divers on ati gfx card.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^I have also seen they are cleaning RAM slot with water filled in colings bottle.I think water is not an appropriate material to clean Ram slot(correct if i am wrong).
They also plugging core2 duo processor in asus p55 motherboard i have seen this today and can't believe it how they are called hardware technician!!!

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no that should be cleaned with a brush.

But how come they were mounting a c2d proc on p55 mobo - the cpu socket does not even match.

BTW, at what time they tested the gfx card in front of you

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^I have also seen they are cleaning RAM slot with water filled in colings bottle.I think water is not an appropriate material to clean Ram slot(correct if i am wrong).
They also plugging core2 duo processor in asus p55 motherboard i have seen this today and can't believe it how they are called hardware technician!!!

:shock:Iam better than these people though i don't know much about hardware but still i don't use water to clean any electronic goods.topgear,is it possible that they have washed your gfx card with water thats why there is fungus on your card:mrgreen:

@topgear: hey i have observed dat u post early morning.....dont u get time on night/day......just asking ha.....coz i m @deep sleep @dat time.....

yeah the same question from me also.are you studiying something or doing any job?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
no that should be cleaned with a brush.

But how come they were mounting a c2d proc on p55 mobo - the cpu socket does not even match.

BTW, at what time they tested the gfx card in front of you

Round 2 pm.Sambhu Das said:shock: you will get your replacement card next week.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
OMG...... :shock: :shock:

Nvidia driver for ATI card.........Isn't that enough reason Rashi must fired those two idiots technician ?

It is very hard to see, stupid like those two and their stupid misjudgment are the the main reason of harassment of genuine customer like topgear and countless of people who need to claim warranty from Rashi.

Ohhh...worried about my XFX GTS 250 after reading all these thread :-? :-?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys....

I am tired of cleaning up this thread. Specially with people using blunt and crude language, and hiding out the spelling of swear words. Keep in mind, that companies which employ Rashi for services would be looking at this thread for feedback. It puts the magazine and the forum in bad light. Next post -- which is similar will incur the writer a temporary ban. Hope I am clear on this.

Thanks.

sukesh1090

Adam young
:+1:sorry for using those bad words.and BTW they think bad about thinkdigit or not but atleast they should think about their dealer "rashi", otherwise their search in thinkdigit for feedback is of no use.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, we should not use slang words but sometime it gets really hard to control our feelings and emotions for this kind of misbehaves of those people ( Read Rashi People ) who knows nothing but claims big things and always try to cheat with everybody. That's why everybody faced issues with their warranty service and is angry with them.

As a member of the forum we really have some great responsibility so we should now control our emotions and post in more civilized manner so the reputation of this forum can stay intact. Thanks asingh for pointing that out.

:shock:Iam better than these people though i don't know much about hardware but still i don't use water to clean any electronic goods.topgear,is it possible that they have washed your gfx card with water thats why there is fungus on your card:mrgreen:

god only knows what they did with my gfx card but they did something wrong with it for sure.

Round 2 pm.Sambhu Das said:shock: you will get your replacement card next week.

he said that to me as well but 1 week later it all changed.

OMG...... :shock: :shock:

Nvidia driver for ATI card.........Isn't that enough reason Rashi must fired those two idiots technician ?

It is very hard to see, stupid like those two and their stupid misjudgment are the the main reason of harassment of genuine customer like topgear and countless of people who need to claim warranty from Rashi.

Ohhh...worried about my XFX GTS 250 after reading all these thread :-? :-?

they just harasses everybody who needs their after sales service /warranty claim - so watch out.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hey Topgear, did you bring your faulty card back? As I told you completely clean it and submit after some times.
And it is a suggestion to all the forum members, before taking your cards to any of the service centers, especially Rashi, clean the card properly, mainly the fans and the Heat-sink section. Right now Rashi has came with a new story of Fungus and if any kind of dust is present on those areas they may claim it to be fungus.
While submitting my card for the 1st time, they told me something about fungus, however I cleared the card and submitted it to them. Also taking the RMA doc from them after submitting your card, make them right that the card is fungus free in time of submission.
I think these king of simple steps may help us to fight back Rashi or any other service center.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Topgear, did you bring your faulty card back? As I told you completely clean it and submit after some times.
And it is a suggestion to all the forum members, before taking your cards to any of the service centers, especially Rashi, clean the card properly, mainly the fans and the Heat-sink section. Right now Rashi has came with a new story of Fungus and if any kind of dust is present on those areas they may claim it to be fungus.
While submitting my card for the 1st time, they told me something about fungus, however I cleared the card and submitted it to them. Also taking the RMA doc from them after submitting your card, make them right that the card is fungus free in time of submission.
I think these king of simple steps may help us to fight back Rashi or any other service center.

I have not took it it back ( lack of time ) but I will do it in a few days for sure.

Thanks Cilus for your suggestions - I did not forget that conversation and I'm going to do what you have suggested.

BTW, From Now on - Please don't use any Kind of Slang Words or don't post any kind of off topic contents.

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday went into Rashi @ 11 AM with my elder bro to take my card back. As usually the Sambhu guy returned my card back saying it has fungus and I said to him now face to face with more loud and clear voice how the hell fungus can be grown on gfx card which was used daily for 4-6 hour atleast. Now he gave me all sort of crappy reason.

I took the card back and went into the shop ( with my elder bro ) from which I bought it. First they refused and said they can't do anything but I told them fungus can't be produced on a gfx card and according to Rashi service policy there's no mention of warranty will be invalid for fungus and explained everything to them. Now they called up Sambhu and told me to talk with him over phone. So I staterd talikng with him over phone with a strong voice.

Now Sambhu again telling me all sorts of those fungus ( and said it's physical damage ) craps and he said he has written fungus clearly on RMA paper

I said he first accepted it and if fungus is any sort of physical damage how the hell they approved it for RMA. and there's no mention of "fungus" in Rashi service policy on website.

He said that I should seek warranty from XFX and but not from Rashi but I said according to XFX - warranty is the responsibility of reseller and In this case rashi is the reseller and Rashio clearly mentioned about 3 years replacement warranty on all xfx gfx card on their website and on the box of gfx card and on the RMA paper.

Now again Sambhu tried to give me those "fungus" craps but now I said he accepted it for RMA first, wrote fungus on the RMA paper after one week without my acknowledgement and have not even showed me where there service engineer saw fungus so how come I can believe that they have not done anything wrong with the card in their service center and it's obvious that he is lying and I don't trust his claims about "fungus"

Now he said that he has no personal issue with me and why I'm not not trying to understand.

I told him that of course I have no personal issue with him but it's just because of him and his ill fungus reason my warranty is being denied and I just want my proper rights as a consumer.

Now he said me to come to their service center and he will check the card again infront of me.

So I went to the service center, waited one more hour and around 2 PM Sambhu told me to submit the card and they will test it.

At 2.35 PM their service engineer began testing it when he pointed at the dust and before he said anything I stopped him and with a angry voice I said stop lying and not to give those crap reasons again - It's just dust and how come he is so illiterate that he can't even recognize dust.

Now he told Sambhu that the card need to be repaired and I said I will not tolerate such nonsense things anymore and I want my card to be replaced. Now Sambhu told me to come the next day.

I told him everything has it's limits and I have reached the last point of my tolerance. More than 2 months has passed since they are cheating with me and wasting my time and if he want to do anything do it here and now.

Now he told me to wait for 30 mins and at 3.20 PM gave me a new box packed 8600 GT.

BTW, here's some pIcs :

*i56.tinypic.com/24chyz8.jpg

*i55.tinypic.com/8ygy2f.jpg

*i53.tinypic.com/2isbl95.jpg

*i54.tinypic.com/2saf6fs.jpg

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
phew...congrats.

Do send a round-up email to XFX India regarding this with all the images especially that fungus one.

paroh

Padawan
phew...congrats.

Do send a round-up email to XFX India regarding this with all the images especially that fungus one.

In my case fungus , physically damaged , burnt loose around Rs 5500 on my xfx card. At least he is lucky to get the replacement.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Really great TopGear, congrats mate for having your new graphics card and obviously for teaching Rashi some lessons. These guys actually think technically they are superior than us, common people and can make us understand anything they want. But I told earlier, they tried to install Nvidia driver to my ATI card.
So one lesson from my experience as well as Topgear's, the shops from where we bought those cards can force Rashi guys to a large extent. In my case Vedant helped me a lot by contacting Rashi persons from me and in Topgear's case it is also true.
So at least before submitting cards for RMA, we can inform the Shops from where we have bought the cards and also cleaning of the card is necessary as I mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom