[Complaint] Rashi Peripheral Cheating with XFX Graphic Card Warranty - ReSolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This time it's all about XFX Graphic Card and their Distributor Rashi peripherals ( Kolkata Branch ).

Rashi Peripherals Pvt.Ltd.
19, R.N. Mukherjee Road,
Eastern Building, Ground Floor,
Kolkata-700 001.
Tel No.:+91 - (033) 40011604/5/6
Fax No.:40011608

Rashi peripherals is offering 3 years Replacement Warranty on every XFX graphic cards. Here's the Link to their official Warranty Document :

Warranty / RCC Locations

*www.rashiperipherals.co.in/ws/warranty.pdf

I've bought a XFX 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 graphic card on Sepetember 2008 with all the pocket money I've saved from Savera Marketing which is known as a outlet of Rashi Peripherals.

Now here's the incident :

28th September - - - There was no display coming out of the graphic card so I sent it for RMA.

After verifying and testing the card throughly their service engineer told me that the card is bad and I will get a replacement for the card and Rashi peripherals accepted it for RMA. They told me to inquire after one week.

RMA No. : 19430

5th October - - - I called them and they told me to go there.

6th October - So I went to Rashi peripherals and the guy at the counter took the RMA paper from me and went inside. After a little while he came back with only the RMA paper and gave me the paper.

Now when I looked at the RMA paper I noticed something new in it. There was word a "fungus" written with pen on the upper right corner under the remark field on the paper. The word was not there when I've received the RMA paper on 28th september.

I asked him what's this ( pointing to the word "fungus" written on the RMA paper ) and what happened to my card ?

He told me that their service engineer has found fungus on my graphic card. He also told they will not repair or replace the card as it's a physical damage.

I was taken aback by hearing this.

I told him that there was no physical damage and fungus on the graphic card when I handed it over to them and they have accepted the card for RMA after physically verifying and testing it. So if now they claim they have found fungus it's their fault.

I've tried talking to their higher authorities in the office but they told me talk with the guy at the service counter.

So after some heated argument they told me that they will send the card to XFX and get a replacement and told me to inquire after 2-3 weeks.

25th October 2010 - - - I've called them and a person said me as they have found fungus on the card they will not repair or replace it and I should take my card back.

I told him that there was no fungus on my graphics card and fungus can not be produced on graphic card which is used daily and it's their fault not mine and you guys have said me that I will get a replacement for the card. Either I want my money back or give me a card as replacement.

Now suddenly he started to act very rudely and told me to take my card back in 3 days and they will do nothing about this card further and just hanged the phone call.

So it's looks like I'm just being cheated by Rashi Peripherals.

Guys post your feedbacks and comments

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
I know how it feel.
Cos I was cheated by both M D Computer and Tirupati too....:(
I thought these mfcker only cheat noob ppl like me but this time.....
This is sad.
Someone have to do something to teach this mfckes.....:x
Hope Digit will help u like the last time they help with Viewsonic.

sukesh1090

Adam young
talk to xfx consumer service or go for consumer court.Is RMA paper means the acknowledgment letter given by them for the proof that they have your gfx card?if it is then there should be written that the physical condition was good at the time when you given it to them and how can those asshol..... change it with a pen and don't return that paper to them untill you get your gfx corrected.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
This time it's all about XFX Graphic Card and their Distributor Rashi peripherals ( Kolkata Branch ).

Rashi Peripherals Pvt.Ltd.
19, R.N. Mukherjee Road,
Eastern Building, Ground Floor,
Kolkata-700 001.
Tel No.:+91 - (033) 40011604/5/6
Fax No.:40011608

Rashi peripherals is offering 3 years Replacement Warranty on every XFX graphic cards. Here's the Link to their official Warranty Document :

Warranty / RCC Locations

*www.rashiperipherals.co.in/ws/warranty.pdf

I've bought a XFX 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 graphic card on Sepetember 2008 with all the pocket money I've saved from Savera Marketing which is known as a outlet of Rashi Peripherals.

Now here's the incident :

28th September - - - There was no display coming out of the graphic card so I sent it for RMA.

After verifying and testing the card throughly their service engineer told me that the card is bad and I will get a replacement for the card and Rashi peripherals accepted it for RMA. They told me to inquire after one week.

RMA No. : 19430

5th October - - - I called them and they told me to go there.

6th October - So I went to Rashi peripherals and the guy at the counter took the RMA paper from me and went inside. After a little while he came back with only the RMA paper and gave me the paper.

Now when I looked at the RMA paper I noticed something new in it. There was word a "fungus" written with pen on the upper right corner under the remark field on the paper. The word was not there when I've received the RMA paper on 28th september.

I asked him what's this ( pointing to the word "fungus" written on the RMA paper ) and what happened to my card ?

He told me that their service engineer has found fungus on my graphic card. He also told they will not repair or replace the card as it's a physical damage.

I was taken aback by hearing this.

I told him that there was no physical damage and fungus on the graphic card when I handed it over to them and they have accepted the card for RMA after physically verifying and testing it. So if now they claim they have found fungus it's their fault.

I've tried talking to their higher authorities in the office but they told me talk with the guy at the service counter.

So after some heated argument they told me that they will send the card to XFX and get a replacement and told me to inquire after 2-3 weeks.

25th October 2010 - - - I've called them and a person said me as they have found fungus on the card they will not repair or replace it and I should take my card back.

I told him that there was no fungus on my graphics card and fungus can not be produced on graphic card which is used daily and it's their fault not mine and you guys have said me that I will get a replacement for the card. Either I want my money back or give me a card as replacement.

Now suddenly he started to act very rudely and told me to take my card back in 3 days and they will do nothing about this card further and just hanged the phone call.

So it's looks like I'm just being cheated by Rashi Peripherals.

Guys post your feedbacks and comments
I can suggest a few things.
1.Talk to savera, they should have as much responsibility as rashi in this regard.
2.Look into rashi webpage and find the contact no. of the head office(mumbai, I think), call them up and explain.
3.Go to rashi kolkata and ask to see the manager/guy in charge.
4.Email digit.

Finally: Go to consumer court, it takes 1/- for you to start a case(yes, 1/-).
But treat this as last option.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can suggest a few things.
1.Talk to savera, they should have as much responsibility as rashi in this regard.
2.Look into rashi webpage and find the contact no. of the head office(mumbai, I think), call them up and explain.
3.Go to rashi kolkata and ask to see the manager/guy in charge.
4.Email digit.

Finally: Go to consumer court, it takes 1/- for you to start a case(yes, 1/-).
But treat this as last option.

1. I've talked to them and they said Rashi will handle the RMA procedure and they have nothing to do with this. And that shop is well known as the outlet of Rashi - so it's something like complaining about one thief to another.

2. I've not done that yet but I even don't see much hope in it.

3. I've tried talking with every higher officials at that office but they've all said the service center guy at the counter will do everything.

4. mailed to editor at think digit dot com as well as help at consumer mate dot com - but still I've not got any reply.

Going to consumer court is a great option for sure but I think my parents won't let me do that.

I know how it feel.
Cos I was cheated by both M D Computer and Tirupati too....:(
I thought these mfcker only cheat noob ppl like me but this time.....
This is sad.
Someone have to do something to teach this mfckes.....:x
Hope Digit will help u like the last time they help with Viewsonic.

yep let's hope for the best.

talk to xfx consumer service or go for consumer court.

I've little past experiences about XFX consumer service - if you mail them a person named lucky ( a bot I guess ) will answer to all of your queries and would ask you to send the faulty card to their manufacturing unit which is of course outside of india and you have to carry all the shipping cahrges is is quite high.

My parents won't let me go to the consumer court.

Is RMA paper means the acknowledgment letter given by them for the proof that they have your gfx card?i.

yep it's ( the RMA paper ) the acknowledgment letter given by them for the proof that they have my gfx card and they are pressuring me to take that faulty card back within this week.

f it is then there should be written that the physical condition was good at the time when you given it to them

they don't take any gfx card for RMA without physically verifying it and they have tested the card when I deposited it to them - though not in front of me - when I gave the faulty card to them they told me to come back after 1 hour and when I went back there they told me that there is no display, the card is bad and they will replace the card.

and how can those asshol..... change it with a pen and don't return that paper to them untill you get your gfx corrected

yep, that's my point too as I've signed on that RMA paper reading all the statements on that paper and there was nothing like that ( I mean the word fungus ) but they just can not write whatever they please after 1 week with a pen which I've not read before as it's not there and signed for.

I'm not going to give them the RMA paper unless I get a working gfx card back.

Another interesting thing is they have accepted the card for RMA and there's no way after 1 week they can claim that there is some physical damage in it ( how can they found fungus and how come it's even a physical damage - do we run gfx cards under water. ). If they find some physical damage in it later it happened in their service center for sure ( for which I've no responsibility ) and they are responsible for it.

Rashi Peripherals Delhi has given a member of our forum a new and upgraded gfx card for free as replacement but in here they have charged a guy Rs. 1600 to get a upgraded card as replacement ( they both have the same model and they both got the same upgraded card as replacement )

just read the page and see the guy clear_lot have gotten for free and this is the way every customer should be handled.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...-graphics-cards-related-queries-here-411.html

so it's looks like rashi guys ( here at kolkata ) is really cheating it's customers for some fishy reason.

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
rma paper will be in printed format know?then writing on it with a pen won't cause anything.go to that guy talk to him once again if he start to tell the same story,then talk with him in higher voice and tell him you will go to consumer court and just take the details of the jurisdiction their shops belongs to.(just give it a chance u really don't need to go to the court:wink:)
please answer to my question in overheating problems thread.

sukesh1090

Adam young
I read those posts in the link you have provided.that guy who got his gfx is of delhi know,then talk to the rashi guy of Delhi shop and tell him your problem he may help you.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Rashi Peripherals is a bunch of idiots. I went to them yesterday to replace my Logitech G15 and G9, they were in break, I waited till 3-30 PM. Then the security asked me to come in and said nobody is available to attend me. That office is absolute mess. Phone lines open, tables scattered everywhere...POS. They are pathetic.
I will pray to god that your XFX card issue will be solved soon.
Regards.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@topgear, now its time to teach the Rashi bustards a good lesson that they'll remember for quite sometime. cause its really enough. such bad treatment i have never seen. and from your last RMA problem with viewsonic, you'll get past this issue one way or another. maybe not very soon but if Digit backs you, you'll, hopefully.

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys its not just rashi and all,company people also cheat us:cry: bcoz about 3 months back i bought acer netbook but after using it for 1 month now i am getting some coloured horizontal lines.it is almost two months are over but still i didn't get it replaced.i have called the costumer care again and again they will tell me that they don't have that lcd right now but 1 week back they told me they will replace it on coming Saturday for sure but i don't should i believe them or not.:cry:

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks guys for all of your encouraging words and suggestions -

they have changed the office decoration inside ( referring to the ithehappy's post ) and that's the reason I suspect that they have did something with my gfx card ( as their were many kind of work was going inside the office that time and even now ) and trying to get rid off this now as it's their fault.

@ sukesh1090 - The RMA paper is in the printing format and every condition on it was in printed format ( without only the word fungus written by Sambhu ).

They have got many kind of powers and tie-ups - that's why they behave reckless with their customers - if you tell them you will go to any kind of legal authorities or do any kind of such stuff they will say then go their first and come to them later - they are not much worried about these.

I don't think rashi guys of delhi will help as they have local branches on many places and one branch don't want to handle another tasks - if you know someone working at rashi then you might get something proper ( at least I've seen this happening at the local branch of this city ). They are so biased and don't treat all customers equally.

and I think their higher authorities is kinda same ( if you mail them 99.9% chance is you won't get a replay or they will back up their employees only and will only waste your time for bullshit reason )

That's why at one branch one got a replacement card for free - on another branch people either have to pay for what they should get for free or they just refuse RMA claims with bullshit reason.

Regarding your Acer netbook as they have told you they will replace the faulty part lets just hope for the best.

BTW, answered your question on OH thread.

@ ithehappy - yep, they are now a messed up bunch of people - this was not like this back on 2007 where only guy was handling RMA process and that was good and fast and that was enough - now they have 4 person and 2 tech engineers ( actually dumb asses ) and their quality of service at this local branch has dropped like hell.

yeah - pray for me.

@ Sam.Shab - the thing they really fear is bad publicity on major medias like magazines, newspapers, on reputed tech news website etc - that just makes some really strong public opinion against them.

So if digit guys can help me in this issue ( and publish this on the mag it would be really great ) and people would really be aware and come to know what they are doing with their customers who need RMA.

BTW, mailed to the editor of digit and consumermate and waiting for reply.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
@topgear
I think this rma thing works from place to place. I got my xfx6600 vanilla replaced in the last week of warranty and that too within a week. But i'm near bangalore and i got a new card of the same type from rashi. On top of that my card was rusted on the heatsink and bracket part. It got damaged due to an earthing fault at my hostel room.
I didn't buy directly from rashi but from a shop that is affiliated with them. I've also got my 500gb hard disk replaced which got bad within one year of 24x7 use :p
But i got a different model which was slimmer and had 16mb buffer but my older hard disk had 32mb buffer. I'm not complaining though.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know warranty differs from place to place but what they are ( RPTech kolkata branch ) doing is simply bullshit.

See including you two members of this forum has gotten replacement for physically damaged gfx card - so I suppose xfx replace gfx card sent to them.

but they are refusing my RMA claim though the card don't has any physical damage at the time when they received it and now they are refusing me for some deceiving reason and they are not even willing to sent the card to xfx for replacement.

Sent mail to the their central support though I don't expect much as they might be same and will give me another ****ing reason or not even a reply.

asusrma@rptechindia.com

BTW, mailed ( 26th oct ) to the editor of digit and consumermate and waiting for reply.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Well as the saying goes, knocking on the heavens door. Try this:
Register your xfx product here: Support
After registration, log in support contact form for technical only.

Shoot a mail from there mentionining your serial number, the date of purchase and the issue & saying that rashi is the only service centre authorized for replacement/repair.
In the end say that unless xfx support authorizes the RMA, they can't replace the card. So I will appreciate if you can send me an email authorising replacement/repair to Rashi peripherals. Also, add that you are a moderator for digit forums and you have logged the entire "incident" in a proper manner & then you post the link of this thread.

See how their reply is. If they send a mail authorising it, print that out and give it to rashi but keep a xerox of it for yourself.
If possible, send couple of pictures of the card (attach the URL of the pic if you cant attach it). Most likely that green thing is a leak capacitor/capacitor plague.

Last edited:
OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me put some points, past experiences :

One guy was refused with his warranty claim of a 8600GT - they just said the warranty is only 1 year ( Distributed by Akshay Enterprise ).

He mailed XFX and they ( someone named Lucky ) said - The warranty depends on what distributor offers regardless of registration ! ( which suppose to give you lifetime warranty )

So there point was if a distributor offers 1 year warranty and it's one year only for customers who bought their products form that certain distributor and the product registration is just valueless.

But he have not given up his hope and continued mailing XFX and at last he got some kind of negotiation from XFX from the company. Read below what XFX has decided for him :

He should first fill a from, make a print out, Pack his faulty product up and sent the printed form along with the faulty product to their manufacturing unit ( located somewhere in china ) and he have to carry all the shipping charges.

Now as the shipping charge is quiet high ( export and import ) he decided not proceed in that matter any further ( as the he could get a better card including some bucks with the cost of shipping charges.

So it's clear as daylight XFX knows very well who there distributors are in here and what they are doing with their customers/consumers. But they don't care as long as they get their large share of profit from the distributors and they don't even bother to take care about any customer.

If a distributor claims warranty for product they will do it in a proper way and that's why some people got replacement card of their XFX products

but if distributor or it's branch is lazy and don't wish to give a customer his warranty for some ill reason then there's nothing much a customer can do as the company will tell him to do some things which will cost more than the product.

=============================================================================

=============================================================================

Now regarding my issue XFX will not do much ( as Rashi is a BIG distributor of'em ) - XFX at best may tell me to ship the product to them which I will not do as it's expensive and that will give Rashi chance to clear it's hands from my warranty claim.

I don't have any photo of that gfx card .

There was no leaked capacitors or stuff like that on the card - in-fact there was no physical damage on that card - the issue was only there was no display was coming out of that card.

Rashi guys has accepted the gfx card after physically verifying it and even tried to run it on there system - but as it was not displaying anything they issued RMA no.

Now Rashi is offering 3 years warranty on XFX gfx card and it's also written as 1095 days on the RMA paper.

Now if after one week they claim some sick thing like fungus or anything it's simply their fault as the card was with them in there service center and they just can not write anything they please with a pen on printed RMA paper!

So I would make my point crystal clear - I want a working and equivalent gfx card from Rashi Peripherals - they will do whatever it takes to get it from XFX like shipping etc.

BTW, here's some update :

yesterday I sent a mail to the Rashi Peripherals Central Support office and got this reply :

Dear sir
We will check with Branch & update to you

and they have CCed the mail to their kolkata branch.

Lets' see what happens next.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
I hope you get a replacement. My last rma with them was in may this year and it was a seagate harddisk.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I hope that too. Does Rashi even receive phone calls, mean the R.N. Mukherjee office? I am calling them several times, the phone continues ring and then reaches some voice mail or something...

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update as on 3rd - Nov. - 2010 :

On 29th Oct 2010 - Sent a mail to rashi central support center & I got this reply from Rashi :

Dear sir
We will check with Branch & update to you

It was by someone named rajkumar and they CCed t6he mail to the Kolkata branch.

But as of today 3rd Nov 2010 I have got not any reply on the update status.

So looks like this local branch is ignoring their central office - what a worst example of administration.

I think something fishy is going on.

BTW, I will keep you guys updated on any kind of progress.

sukesh1090

Adam young
all company people are same as i mentioned in the above post about my acer netbook those people still postponed my replacement saying that they don't have the part.i don't know what to do with these people:x?

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ they are just bunch of retards and

Update Nov 4 2010 ......

I've not got the reply from them yet - so now it looks like I'll not a get working gfx card back from them.

which thing is making me more angry and sick is even after saying me they would reply they have not replied and delaying this matter.

on 29th oct I've sent a mail to them @ 4.40AM and got the reply @ 10.30 AM maybe. - that was quick - but now they are taking much more time and trying to delaying this matter forever bcoz it will reveal many dirty secrets of theirs.

How come it can take so long to check a update status with a branch office - now I must say their central support is pathetic as well.

how many mails I would have to send them - yes you are right they are all same - the branch office sucks in providing good service and the central support office only make big claims but can't even control their branch office and can't let the consumer know about status of a disputed matter intentionally.

What kind of corporate and professional manner is this ?

Another strange thing I've not got reply from digit ( maybe they are too busy at this moment ) or even consumermate - now I don't expect digit/consumermate will solve all the warranty issues for me bcoz they get tons of mails each day and digit guys are very busy with many important tasks - so they can not be blamed for not replying.

but even consumermate have not replied which is supposed to be make consumers aware about their rights.

Not getting a reply feels really bad and it looks like a kind of ignorance but if I get even a single reply it would make me feel a lot better and encourage me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom