vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yes. They rolled out an update.

And what did they roll in this update? It is 1gb?

First 20gb game and now 1gb update to fix the issues.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I think new patch + Catalyst 11.10 V2 preview is working okay for AMD users now. Just okay. Pop-in is rectified.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ No bugs now ?? Well thats a good thing specially when patch is that large. :p
Now whats your take on this game ??

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Yes. No issues at all. Update fixed the stutter, NPC flicker, texture pop, Vsync issues, lag. 1GB update paid off :D

Now, the game is quite enjoyable. With all the issues gone, missions are fun to play, though they are similar to Borderlands. As I completed Driver: SF, I guess I'll be hooked to this game in coming days.

I'm just telling this. Did any one try alt+tabbing the game? It loads dead fast. Almost like maximizing a window. < 1sec. Cool.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Yeah, I tried that. First time I alt-tabbed because i got a skype call. I thought whether it would load back or not. But it worked real fast. :p

Good to hear that all issues are fixed for ATi users. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Well this is what we expected from Carmack's game. Update rolled out pretty fast fixing all issues. :p

I would have expected a bug free release after employing this much amount of time to create it. What is wrong with current games, almost everything released to the market is full of bugs initially ?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
They had nearly 7 years of development time.. and still the game feels rushed. At least, the pc version seems like they made it in some kind of rush.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Probably coz of the console versions, looks too good and runs on a solid 60fps(cod's so-so 60fps :p ). Then again, its just been a week, and a patch with all the fixes, we pc guys are lucky :p

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Game's environment feels more nicer now after I am into around 4-5 hrs. of game play.

Now into Defibrillator upgrade mission. Got a nice rocket launcher. And muties are getting bigger.. :p

Will post some screen-shots soon.

Top Bottom