varunb

Working in an IT company
Alright here are the screenshots. It hasn't released in India yet so I had to use my trick to fool steam into thinking that I am in US. Keep in mind that the texures in the game are not the normal 4096 that you see. I used the tweak to force the 8k textures. Also for the AMD guys, you will need to download the AMD Rage hotfix driver that was released 2-3 days ago. Dont know about nvidia.

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/2011-10-06_00001.jpg

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/2011-10-06_00002.jpg

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/2011-10-06_00003.jpg

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/2011-10-06_00004.jpg

*i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i387/varunb/2011-10-06_00005.jpg

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^Was that supposed to be an insult to rage? or is it just that you d found it looking similar to borderlands?

varunb

Working in an IT company
Borderlands 2

I agree with cyborg here. If you got something productive to share then pls go ahead. If you are not aware, this game has been in the making for a very long time. So calling it Borderlands 2 is foolish buddy. Play first then speak.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Borderlands is fun.

It is a half baked release, riddled with bugs and what not. That's the general consensus.

I couldn't care less about the time it took to release it.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well graphics are the best as promised by developers and also gameplay is rock solid AFAIK. Yes story and cast are not top notch but hey its still one of the best IMO.

varunb

Working in an IT company
^^Borderlands is fun.

It is a half baked release, riddled with bugs and what not. That's the general consensus.

I couldn't care less about the time it took to release it.

LOL. If you dont care less then & if the game doesn't interests you why are you caring to post in Rage thread. IMO, you are being a troll.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah, the users at metacritic are all trolls. Well played.

Rage for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic

Well graphics are the best as promised by developers and also gameplay is rock solid AFAIK. Yes story and cast are not top notch but hey its still one of the best IMO.

Better wait till all the issues are fixed and patched.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Borderlands 2
The way you said & then left made you look like a troll buddy. I mean what was the point of saying it like this ? Had you posted the metacritic link or some other link earlier in that post it would have made a point at that moment.

As for the bugs, majority of the problems have been fixed by the hotfix drivers. A small % of bugs are now left which are always present in almost every game.

cyborg47

Technomancer
The only problem afaik, is the texture streaming. Not so much for the nvidia users, but the ati users are having some big trouble with that, and i think a hotfix is already out, and one more is on its way.
Anyway, the game is epic!!..specially the npcs AI is terrific, so is the gun/game-play.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Sweet Mary mother of god. These are not issues. This is harassment. :D

On my ATI, frames never go beyond 20. Texture pop-in... is like.. game/my card has some amnesia. Forgets the textures the second we move the camera away from it. And HUD flickering is the best part.

Downloaded the permanence driver. Lets see how this turns out.

varunb

Working in an IT company
AMD graphic card users keep an eye out for a new graphic driver coming out tonight or tomorrow which is believed to fix the texture flicker & other issues. Also if you are resorting to the console commands in the CFG file, then you should know that majority of them do not work esp those which start with 'seta'. Below are the set of commands I am using in the cfg file after after thorough researching:

(Create a rageconfig.cfg file in the base folder. The path should be something like this -> <drivename>:\Steam\steamapps\common\rage\base)

ik_enablesmoothing 0
image_usecompression 0
m_smooth 0
m_rawinput 1
cg_useprecompressedtextures 0
cg_usecompression 0
image_anisotropy 8
g_showplayershadow 1
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 8192
vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly 8192
vt_pageimagesizeunique 8192
vt_pageimagesizevmtr 8192

The last 4 lines in the cfg file enforce the 8k textures so you should be having a 1GB card or above to experience stable frame rates while using high textures.

Last edited:
OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Download the one in this link: *support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU121AMDCatRagePerfDriver.aspx

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Updated the driver. Texture popin is still there. When in closed places, it is more apparent.

Forced Vsync through CCC, the damn thing is stuttering now. :/

varunb

Working in an IT company
:rofl: That driver was released 2 days ago to fix the performance esp frame rate issue. All I can say is wait for the new drivers to arrive.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Played it for ~30mins now. The game feels a lot lot like Borderlands. The way they give it to us, The way we play and complete it, etc.

Any one feeling the same?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
:rofl: That driver was released 2 days ago to fix the performance esp frame rate issue. All I can say is wait for the new drivers to arrive.
I don't know. I thought it fixed something as CatalystCreator had tweeted a RAGE driver link. Then he tweeted not to download it because a new driver will be up with proper OpenGL component. And this was the new one.

Top Bottom