vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^^lol...then it must be fun.

I am on a mission.. which felt borderlands all over again. 'A' gives us a buggy.. tells to go to 'B' to get it repaired. 'B' says. no spare parts, go and fetch it from 'C'. 'C' says.. he has been robbed.. go fetch it from midgets/bandits. So starts a mission where we have to collect spare parts. So that we can get ourselves a buggy. Yea.. its borderlands all over again. At least.. until now. Should see how things will be later.

Guess what.. The game saved when I entered their den. I was almost half an hour through it.Guess almost at the end. And, then.. there was this scripted explosion. To my bad.. i was straight to the door, keeping my distance. But the door flew off and landed INSIDE me. yes.. INSIDE me. Or, I must say.. i ended up being inside the blasted away door. And I can't move now. Now.. have to restart the whole thing again. No checkpoints anywhere. Searched for console command to turn off the clipping. No luck. Guess I have no option left except to play this again.

I don't know. I thought it fixed something as CatalystCreator had tweeted a RAGE driver link. Then he tweeted not to download it because a new driver will be up with proper OpenGL component. And this was the new one.

Yes.. it fixed the slowdowns, texture pop-in and flickering. But.. I can tell that texture popping is still there.

And, the game doesn't have Vsyc enabled. But '+r_swapInterval 1' extension did the job for me. Now no tearing and no stutter.

varunb

Working in an IT company
I don't know. I thought it fixed something as CatalystCreator had tweeted a RAGE driver link. Then he tweeted not to download it because a new driver will be up with proper OpenGL component. And this was the new one.

No no no. if you look at the date on AMD's website, it says 10/04/2011. This is not the driver I have been telling. There are reports that a newer driver is supposed to come. It could be 11.10 version or another performance driver.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Played it for ~30mins now. The game feels a lot lot like Borderlands. The way they give it to us, The way we play and complete it, etc.

Any one feeling the same?

That is why I am skipping this. I wanted a DOOM or QUAKE type of look and feel. Not some dystopian post-apocalyptic story line. Plus I hate those fetch and do mission lines.

Cael

Right off the assembly line
guys this is the major requirement to play this game on PC. core i5 750, intel dp55wb, 4gb 1333 ddr3, corsair vx450psu, cm elite 335,Asus EAH 5750 FORMULA 1GB GDDR5, samsung 2033 sw plus, wd green 1tb , wd 1tb my book , hp dvd writer,Apc 650 va, logitech z313.

Sarath

iDota
When did this game come out?

I can't find the game in any of the online stores for PC. PS3 and xb are however available

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Played it for ~30mins now. The game feels a lot lot like Borderlands. The way they give it to us, The way we play and complete it, etc.

well i better finish borderlands then have a look at RAGE.

and i remember saying the game will be a bit similar to borderlands (both based on run&gun + roadrage).

Sarath

iDota
^ Not for retail sale? :shock: Exclamation not question. However will it ever come on retail in physical media?

Hmm will buy Metro then.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ Not for retail sale? :shock: Exclamation not question. However will it ever come on retail in physical media?
For consoles, it is out.

nextworld.in: Search - RAGE

The PS3 version is buggy. It has the same texture pop-in issue which AMD cards on PC have. Xbox 360 version is the one to get until updates arrive.

Sarath

iDota
For consoles, it is out.

nextworld.in: Search - RAGE

The PS3 version is buggy. It has the same texture pop-in issue which AMD cards on PC have. Xbox 360 version is the one to get until updates arrive.

I came across this. No money for PS3. Already spending 3k for NFS and another maybe 1000 for RDR.

I play FPS only on my PC or it'll just be a 700W sipping netbook(top) :))

I think I will wait. There are many games I have'nt tried but hate losing out on initial excitement and discussions.

Ok enjoy guys, Let me know if its worth it. And how much does it cost on steam?

varunb

Working in an IT company
I came across this. No money for PS3. Already spending 3k for NFS and another maybe 1000 for RDR.

I play FPS only on my PC or it'll just be a 700W sipping netbook(top) :))

I think I will wait. There are many games I have'nt tried but hate losing out on initial excitement and discussions.

Ok enjoy guys, Let me know if its worth it. And how much does it cost on steam?

You dont have any choice. You will have to install steam even if you buy the dvd or from steam online. There's no point waiting for this game to appear cos nextworld admitted that it won't b able to arrange the Rage dvds. The game costs $59.99 both steam & the dvd (if you decide to import one).

Sarath

iDota
The way you put it, it makes me feel I'm better of spending a hefty 2.5k for the game on the PS3 than even bother with the PC version. Just pop in and play

Thanks for the price though. It seems to cost as much as the console ver. Expensive.

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Yeah but playing FPS on PC is better. :p Also you get better visuals and you can harness the power of your gaming rig. :D

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Got the game. Running great on my system. :)
Game feels different to me. Despite whatever is being said, this game is worth the issues whoever is facing. :p

Top Bottom