**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

xbonez

NP : Crysis
ok, i'll try this on monday

i'm getting speeds a little above 1 mbps and surfing is fast. however, in torrent downloads, my speeds aren't crossing 50-60kBps. in limewire, i'm getting normal speeds i.e. 150-180kBps.
what could be the problem?? is it possible that MTNL has blocked or restricted some ports??

Last edited:

napster007

Padawan
i have another problem. though i'm getting good bandwith and good dload speeds from http servers i'm not able to recieve more than 50kBps from torrents which have very good health.

what can be the reason???
Is it possible that mtnl has capped the speeds at its ports???
can the problem be solved by port forwarding??
are u guys experiencing a similar problem???

this is my bandwith:

*www.speedtest.net/result/184931161.png

xbonez

ports already forwarded. any other suggestion

checked for port forwarding here *www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=<portno.>

hey gaurav and others on 749NU plan, are u facing slow speeds in torrents??

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
my friends here getting...200-290 kbps.....in torrents.....and normal download using IDM...300-351 kbps..it never crosses 351:confused:...............

napster007

Padawan
forwarded the ports using portforward. nothing helped. i'm still getting 40-50 on torrents. someone save me pleaseeeeeeee

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
napster007 said:
forwarded the ports using portforward. nothing helped. i'm still getting 40-50 on torrents. someone save me pleaseeeeeeee
torrent speed depend on many things.Download any file from other site like...Microsoft.com
Download any setup from Microsoft.com and than see the downloading speed.If you still get this speed..means your account is set to speed 256 Kbps.

In this case you need to call customer care..and ask details of your account and plan.

linux_ubuntu

iL6>Tushar
my MTNL plan 256Kbps Unlimited but i always get above 2Mbps, MTNL you are great :) :) ,even i finish 1GB movies downloading in 40 miniutes.

xbonez

ravi_9793 said:
torrent speed depend on many things.Download any file from other site like...Microsoft.com
Download any setup from Microsoft.com and than see the downloading speed.If you still get this speed..means your account is set to speed 256 Kbps.

In this case you need to call customer care..and ask details of your account and plan.

buddy, i'm getting speeds 150+kBps from servers and limewire, but on torrents i'm only getting max 60 kBps :(. ports are forwarded, files have excellent health and i've tried various clients?? uPnP is also enabled. what could be the problem??

xbonez

sometimes green sometimes exclamation mark. but even when i get the green tick in utorrent, speeds don't rise beyond 60 kBps

guys please help :( not getting speeds in torrents

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
xbonez said:
buddy, i'm getting speeds 150+kBps from servers and limewire, but on torrents i'm only getting max 60 kBps :(. ports are forwarded, files have excellent health and i've tried various clients?? uPnP is also enabled. what could be the problem??
this can help you
*techiehome.org/viewtopic.php?t=518

xbonez

guys pls help :( i'm still getting only 50-80 in torrents even though in limewire etc i get 150+. port is also forwarded properly.increased TCP connections to 1000 also. any particular setting of router that could be causing this prob??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
xbonez said:
guys pls help :( i'm still getting only 50-80 in torrents even though in limewire etc i get 150+. port is also forwarded properly.increased TCP connections to 1000 also. any particular setting of router that could be causing this prob??
you have already done all required setting.Also see this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61760

Top Bottom