**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well as far I can see it....they will introduce the plan on 2nd october as they generally introduce schemes on such occasions...

xbonez

NP : Crysis
yes!! my speeds too upgraded. i had a shout fest with my Area Manager today on the phone. he said that there's absolutely no way my area can get anything more than 256kbps. After shouting a lot at him, i slammed the phone, then rang up another guy. Within half an hour speeds had increased. Speedtest.net and calcuttatelephones showing speed to be 900kbps, MTNL speed test showing it to be 1.6mbps :))

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
xbonez said:
yes!! my speeds too upgraded. i had a shout fest with my Area Manager today on the phone. he said that there's absolutely no way my area can get anything more than 256kbps. After shouting a lot at him, i slammed the phone, then rang up another guy. Within half an hour speeds had increased. Speedtest.net and calcuttatelephones showing speed to be 900kbps, MTNL speed test showing it to be 1.6mbps :))
Congrats.:D

ankurgupta.me said:
Well as far I can see it....they will introduce the plan on 2nd october as they generally introduce schemes on such occasions...
Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

xbonez

my ADSL light starts blinking after about every 15min. it blibk for about 20sec then becomes stable again. so, every 15min, my net gets dc'ed for bout 30sec. why is this so?? its started only after my speeds got upgraded

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
xbonez said:
my ADSL light starts blinking after about every 15min. it blibk for about 20sec then becomes stable again. so, every 15min, my net gets dc'ed for bout 30sec. why is this so?? its started only after my speeds got upgraded
prateek_san of this forum is also facing this problem.:mad:

sweet babe

Right off the assembly line
hey guys,
i got my plan changed to 749_nu. i'm getting upto 1.8mbps.
i din't experience the blinking though

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
That ADSL light shows whether your net connection with your ISP has been established or not...
If it is blinking then it mean that your router is trying to connect to the ISP...
Now coming to the problem...if it blinks after short time intervals then it means that there is too much load on the line due to the additional telephones connected in parallel to it...
The solution: Disconnect all phones connected in parallel except the one connected to the spiltter...99% you wont get the blinking...Now what MTNL says is that all parallel telephones should be connected thru the phone line wire coming out of the splitter by diving it ....You should not have any parallel telephones connected to the main line anywhere and main line should only go into the splitter...
If this does work then call your telephone repair guy(not broadband guys) and tell him and he will rework the connections for you...hope this solves the problem...

xbonez

nope, i don't have any parallel telephones. only one, which gets wire from splitter. i'll call tele guys but i;m afraid they shouldn't say ki line pe load is too much and reduce my speeds again. i'd rather have freq disconnections

napster007

Padawan
i have another problem. though i'm getting good bandwith and good dload speeds from http servers i'm not able to recieve more than 50kBps from torrents which have very good health.

what can be the reason???

*www.speedtest.net/result/184766679.png

xbonez

the prob of blibking adsl light has returned. for the time being, i'm using a splitter i borowed from maverick340. it seems to have solved the prob. i'm gonna try it for a while

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
xbonez said:
nope, i don't have any parallel telephones. only one, which gets wire from splitter. i'll call tele guys but i;m afraid they shouldn't say ki line pe load is too much and reduce my speeds again. i'd rather have freq disconnections

yaar speeds are set on server not by the line guy:lol:
You can see that by going to your router config page...click status then ADSL...there at the bottom you will have download and upload speed set on the server...
Seems like your telephone line is faulty...get it changed...will solve your problem hopefully...

xbonez

hmm. prob is ki my Area Manager kept telling me that lines to my area cannot support 2mbps, so i won't get them. after a lot of shouting at him, he upgraded my speeds, but at the same time, this prob started :(

anyways, i'm using another splitter now. things seem to be better.

btw, if i call line gys, what do i tell them?? broadband not working properly, so i'll ask them to chekc line?? this also might increase my net speeds too, no?

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
xbonez said:
hmm. prob is ki my Area Manager kept telling me that lines to my area cannot support 2mbps, so i won't get them. after a lot of shouting at him, he upgraded my speeds, but at the same time, this prob started :(

btw, if i call line gys, what do i tell them?? broadband not working properly, so i'll ask them to chekc line?? this also might increase my net speeds too, no?
haan haan kyu nahi 2 se 4 mbps ho jayegi speed.:mad: I am not getting even 1.5mbps. :mad:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
guys 3 of my frinds in my olony changed their plans to the nigh one and are facing the same probss.....though one of them got if fixed by calling the mtnl guys.......newways...

XBONEX CLEAN YOUR INBOX ITS FULLL>AND ITS BOUNCING MSGS........and im free fro a match on sunday and monday....do let me noe :D

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
xbonez said:

just tell them that there is problem in the telephone line and to change the line from the telephone box to your house....tell them that the ADSL lights keeps blinking....they will understand...

Top Bottom