**Post all your MTNL Triband Related Queries Here**

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Due to member request's, I am starting this topic.

Use this thread to post all your MTNL Triband related questions. Use it to get your MTNL Triband related queries and general topics like how can I know the transfers of my connection and more!
Use it to get all your answers!!

Threads on MTNL Triband started after this sticky has been posted will be merged into this one.

**The above Edited version of grudgy's dataone thread :D**

True Geek

Journeyman
200% of wat they promise, atleast in my case

I hv 256_unltd
and i generally get 600kbps+(d/l)
and 200kbps+(u/l)

Ajatshatru

Broken In
How to Forward Port , In winxp sp2 , Using Norton antivirus ,Zone alarm Pro 6.5 and Mtnl's triband 590_NU with Dlink dsl 502-t, For Utorrent

anispace

dattebayo
@truegeek
how can u get 600Kbps for a 256Kbps connection?

well i get 28KBps download and 30KBps upload for my connection(DSL590NU).

@ajatshatru
try this link>>
*www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DSL-502T/Utorrent.htm

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Re: A tutorial - How to use Bridge mode/Dial-up Mode in MTNL Dlink-502T

I have TriBand 590_NU 256kbps, Router - DSL 502T
.............................................................................................

A tutorial - How to use Bridge mode/Dial-up Mode in MTNL Dlink-502T

I had done port forwarding .. Its safe ...but I am using bridge mode
.. which is better than pppoe mode
n no need of port forwarding n pathetic .. unpluging of adapter.
Better try bridge mode .. all worried will be gone

I asked the techi guy at MTNL .. when he called me, (bcoz the 1504 guy didnt know anything of port forwarding so he fwd the mail to higher people)
he said .. bridge mode is good too.. it doesnt need port forwarding.

................................................................................................

Step1: Open 192.168.1.1 in IE/Firefox

Step 2:

*img162.imageshack.us/img162/9946/11rg3.th.jpg

Step 3:

*img162.imageshack.us/img162/5171/25mf1.th.jpg

Step 4:
now
Go To Settings
n
Reboot the router.

It will take a minute or two

Step 5:
..then in WinXP

Make a Dialup connection,,

*img218.imageshack.us/img218/285/37hp.th.jpg

Set Connection manually
Connect to BB using login name n password
Name it - MTNL_Triband
User - Tel No.
Password - CA No.

.....................................................................................................

Reboot(not essential)
.. then Dial <MTNL_Triband>
you are done. :D

There will be no error in Azureus.
......................................................................................................

Last edited:

santu_29

Journeyman
i am not able to access hotmail, msn, microsoft, download.com, blogger.com, techrepublic.com and a few other sited. i am able to access them via a proxy but not directly. whats the problem. i have formatted my system 2 times tried without the firewall but no use? PLEASE HELP anyone.....

fw- zonealarm
av- kaspersky

Last edited:

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
No connection is always on , for plan 590 the rate the calculation is as follows

590+80=670 +12.24 % service tax and usage after 1gb in day will cost 1 re per MB. thats it and plan u have on phone

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
santu_29 said:
i am not able to access hotmail, msn, microsoft, download.com, blogger.com, techrepublic.com and a few other sited. i am able to access them via a proxy but not directly. whats the problem. i have formatted my system 2 times tried without the firewall but no use? PLEASE HELP anyone.....

fw- zonealarm
av- kaspersky

I think you must made some changes in setting with FW and AV. Make it default, if still have problem. Go directly to MTNL office or Call them on 1504 toll free number.

Third Eye

gooby pls
ax3 said:
LAN connected always ! ! !

even after disconnecting my MTNL connection, icon of LAN connected is present in system tray ..... which makes further connection difficult ........ i have 2 restart my pc ........

anybody experiencing same problem ............. whot 2 do 2 avoid such thing ???? which process 2 kill in Task Manager ???

me 2 having this problem..system doesn't restart after it and i have to reboot it manually.i don't know the solution... :(

leprechaun

Right off the assembly line
cant enable firewall

CANNOT ENABLE FIREWALL IN DSL-502T
guys i need your help. there are two issues:

1) initially when i got the mtnl connection, the router's firewall was enabled by default(i think i'm pretty sure about that)
but a few days ago, i had disabled the firewall of the router from the
router's page(192.168.1.1 > home > WAN) to be able to access a few programs.
but now when i want to enable it again, it just wont happen.
this is what happens:
i goto the home tab. there i go and click on the WAN button.
earlier the firewall pop-down menu used to show "enabled".
but now, since it was disabled by me, i select "enable" from the
menu, and press the "apply" button at the bottom of the page.
a short pop-up message asks me to reboot the modem. i press OK.
the page starts to refresh automatically. but then nothing ever
happens.
the net stops working, and i cant access the web.
i'm thus forced to plug out the modem and the replug-in the power
supply.
the net works again.
but now when i again check the firewall status on the router, it
again says "disabled".

2) nextly, the port forwarding doesnt seem to be workking either.
wen i add new rules in the "user" defined rules, and press apply as and when required by it, the page refreshes, and never comes back... rebooting the router does not seem to have any effect, as i'm neither being able to add new rules nor modify previous rules.

i just cannot seem to get around these problems.
kindly help me resolve the issue.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
the support is bad ... I dont think 1504 guyz will know the answers .. unless they fwd query to higher authority

1> after doin all steps, go to Setting> Reboot, and reboot from that too
may be that works

2> for port forwarding, .. what you mean that it isnt working .. I tried it worked
But as I said earlier too .. try the Bridge mode (my post above) I had a exchange of phone calls with techi at mtnl delhi dont remember his name, but this is true that He acknowledged .. once you are in bridge mode .. all your tensions go .. e.g. Port fwding, NAT error, Or the adapter removing to disconnect

Last edited:

santu_29

Journeyman
trib unlimited plan monthly rent has been reduced to Rs.949 pm, i will be changing over, my present plan is 590NU, however sify and a few others are giving unlimited plans at a much cheaper rate... could someone tell me if i should stick with mtnl or make change of isp?

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
My experiance with MTNL has been good .. hardly ever slowdown
wen the phone was dead internet was working :D (he he )

sify isnt good, airtel people say .. that there are many slowdowns here.

trib unlimited plan monthly rent has been reduced to Rs.949 pm ... this is good news .. but need to comedown more ..

unlimited is only in 256 :(

Sourabh

Laptoping
Anyone tried the new games service on their Triband connection? It was meant to be free for 4 days on an introductory offer. My friend has been ripped pretty bad by MTNL, and has been billed for a data transfer of nearly 1.5GB on the NU plan. Beware! Backends of all the ISPs are pathetic.

santu_29

Journeyman
Sourabh said:
Anyone tried the new games service on their Triband connection? It was meant to be free for 4 days on an introductory offer. My friend has been ripped pretty bad by MTNL, and has been billed for a data transfer of nearly 1.5GB on the NU plan. Beware! Backends of all the ISPs are pathetic.
even i am getting bills of around 1500pm so thats why i am changing to the unlimited plan... and hey whats this game service about?
what the hell... i called up mtnl customer support and they say thay there is no such service like 'games on demand', i gave them the links of websites on the internet where the news about this service is there and they replied... 'shayad galati se chap gaya hoga...' lol... total sarkari...

Last edited:
Top Bottom