** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

dead

Broken In
i have my bsnl dataone username and pass , for 1 month i will be in patna (i am currently in gaya) , and there is BSNL landline availability in my patna flat .
so can i bring my modem , plug it into the phoneline and start using it ? i mean using my account from another landline phone ( this landline phone has never used dataone caoonectinon b4) . so will it work ?

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

I m unable to open any MS sites
microsoft.com
live.com
hotmail
msn

Torrentz.com is also not opening

even LIve messenger troubleshooter shows following error

ur hosts file contains win.live related entries, which may interfere name resolution."

Attaching screens

I have MT841
H500c

ie8 beta [ no addon mode / ie7compatibility mode both doesnt help
with ie7pro[with adblocker on, disabling it also doesnt help],
all latest.

neither opens in opera/firefox /safari also.

i also use 2 other laptops,via wifi,
1 with ie7, another with ie6, neither of them can open any MS sites.

I think its related to either BSNL servers of surat / my modem.
PLease help

Thanks

i have my bsnl dataone username and pass , for 1 month i will be in patna (i am currently in gaya) , and there is BSNL landline availability in my patna flat .
so can i bring my modem , plug it into the phoneline and start using it ? i mean using my account from another landline phone ( this landline phone has never used dataone caoonectinon b4) . so will it work ?

No u cant,
Boradband is not enabled on all telephone lines by default.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I have a query regarding my e-mail address, when i checked my profile it shows my email id as "den**_**@dataone.in" and my BSNL username is "my name@bsnl.in".
which one i use for configuring my mail client. becoz i use my bsnl un to check web mail. which is my primary mail address.

I have another query, i want to share mail betn ubuntu and vista, long time ago i see one post which guide to do the same but now i cant find the same, please some one give me that link or guide me the same:eek:

dead

Broken In
can i use any account on my dataone activated line ? (i have 2-3 accounts of ma friends) ....
(who will be charged for the connection) ?

can i use any account on my dataone activated line ? (i have 2-3 accounts of ma friends) ....
(who will be charged for the connection) ?
it depends,
at some places Tel Lines and accounts are not bound, so u can use if this is the case.

jpattnaik

Right off the assembly line
Jumpers are to be set and extra wiring is done at Telephone Exchange to make DataOne functional on a land line. So you can't use the BB in another line which is not wired at the Exchange.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Not sure if discussed here b4.. is BSNL throttling Bittorrent as if they are ****ing *******s? I get 17KBps - 21KBps these days? So I need to pay Rs 1350 to get 31KBps?

neelu09

Broken In
Not sure if discussed here b4.. is BSNL throttling Bittorrent as if they are ****ing *******s? I get 17KBps - 21KBps these days? So I need to pay Rs 1350 to get 31KBps?

nah i also get around 190 kBps speed...and for some well seeded ones like ubuntu it reached 234 kBps.............

Last edited:

XtremeX

Right off the assembly line
How much does bsnl charge for unlimited broadband for home users.

How much is the speed.
Is the speed still 256kbps or 2MBps

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
With with most users of Plan Ul1350/-
rest all get full speeds.
My friends here also experience low speeds. while i am getting 217kBps.
Do you get same speeds on Http downloads?
if yes, then you need to file a Formal complaint to DE(Internet) in your exchange

*broadbandforum.in/bsnl-broadband/27366-ul-home-512kbps-rs-1350-gives-256kbps-speeds/

Last edited:
Top Bottom