** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Shloeb

In the zone
My friend has a 900UL plan and i have a Home 250 plan. I took this connection because i wanted to use my friends connection. But when i try to login using his password. It says "invalid username/password on the domain." Whereas another friend of mine can use my other friends account of 900UL. How is this so?

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Whereas another friend of mine can use my other friends account of 900UL.

You can use his account whos account is being used by your another friend. Because his account is not binded. But you cant log in at the same time. Then you have to make a using time, I mean talk to your friend who using another of your friends 750 ( 900 ) and set your using time and your's friend using time. Because you and your friend cant use same account at the same time.

Do you or anyone know which place have not still bounded.

Yes, at my place it is not bound.
So on weekends when I can afford to stay awake all night , I do swap accounts and enjoy 2mbps.
Location of Telephone Exchange: Indian Institute of Management,
Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.

yogirajoo

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I face weird problem. After joining BSNL broadband service all my incoming calls just give 1/2 ring and call is connected. Even if we don't pick the phone , caller's pulse starts.

Any idea about remedy? BSNL as usual claims that it must be our internal wiring fault

Regards,

Yogi

pratik03

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I face weird problem. After joining BSNL broadband service all my incoming calls just give 1/2 ring and call is connected. Even if we don't pick the phone , caller's pulse starts.

Any idea about remedy? BSNL as usual claims that it must be our internal wiring fault

Regards,

Yogi

I had same problem before 2-3weeks but problem is with my phone box.

check your phone is working properly by connecting it directly to phone line

pirates1323

In the zone
one thing i would like to say is tht ... whenever I see tht my connection is not working ... it was cuz of phone line and not of bsnl ... so bsnl works good ... but line gets screwed now and then ,....

ajaybc

Youngling
What is meant by throttling torrent traffic?

I found this word throttling many times in this thread.What does it mean?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
It does it in certain areas. You'll know you are being throttled when you dont get >200 kBps in torrents even if the settings are properly optimized, and you are downloading a torrent with high seeders and low leechers.

edit: +1 to alok4best for the good example and explanation :)

Is BSNL doing that?

Certainly not for me.
Cant say if its the case everywhere.
But personally , I dnt see BSNL being this smart.
To add, no matter whatever u do to optimize ur torrent client, u will never get what is Ideal. because ideal is hypothetical. it doesnt exist in real life.
ur torrent speed depends on the speed of connection u have, which itself varies every moment. so a 2Mbps user wont get 256KBPS downloads all the times(in fact u will never get 256KBPS)..
So I wud say if u manage to get something around 200KBPS for a torrent having high seed ratio, then its fine.

Presently,I am on 750UL bsnl plan.

As,it is unlimited, so I want to know, is it possible to connect to net without dialing i.e I just want to switch ON my modem...thats it...don't want to specify user name and password each time.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Presently,I am on 750UL bsnl plan.

As,it is unlimited, so I want to know, is it possible to connect to net without dialing i.e I just want to switch ON my modem...thats it...don't want to specify user name and password each time.
Yeah, Open 192.168.1.1 and to connection setup.
and change Connection type to PPPoE from Bridge. feed your passwords

Yeah, Open 192.168.1.1 and to connection setup.
and change Connection type to PPPoE from Bridge. feed your passwords

I found pppoe but there is a option to select

Encapsulation type:
LLC/SNAP
VC MUX

Which one I have to choose ?

I tried through LLC/SNAP (Default)
Then,Click Next,after that
New page (options) ask for IP DNS n all....but I selected obtain IP automatically.
After that,Modem Restarted,but not able to connect to network (No Net)

Is there any specific IP and dns which I must enter ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom