** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Hey i am getting synced at 2048/256 :(

*i27.tinypic.com/k18fmw.jpg

Its pathetic..How can they tweak the ratio to be 1:8.. BSNL should understand that on Internet ppl do need to send some data upwards also..not only download..How does one upload his docs, or may be fotos on orkut :p with such a poor upload speed.

if u had read my previous posts, you'd have understood.

i'm havin weird connc. prblms. with this h500 plan.

limewire doesnt connect at all.... i used to get 220KBps, then the speed dropped to 30KBps frm this month start.

& now i'm surviving on open dns, coz on default bsnl dns, the net was as good as dead.

so wat u saw in tat pic is, result of this prblm.

btw, the result frm Router's home page
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 419
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 2928

Agreed, BSNL has really some weird configurations. By the way my DNS settings in order. 4.2.2.1 4.2.2.2 61.1.96.69 61.1.96.71 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220 Too Many DNSs.. isnt it.

Last edited:

temporalturtle

Right off the assembly line

hi i am using BSNL 900 unlimited plan . Recently my download speed is not more than 30 kbps at any time( in torrents and in ordinary downloads). wat could be the problem?

praka123

left this forum longback

32KB/Sec is the max speed for 900UL plan.

temporalturtle

Right off the assembly line

but i got nearly 100 kbps in this plan three months ago. the problem started after i switched plans to 250 and then back to 900 again

Indranil92001

Journeyman

^^ Checkout *www.speedtest.net/result/242848453.png This user is in Kolkata. He got connected connected two days back and is in H500 combo plan. I am not sure of his download speeds though.

but i got nearly 100 kbps in this plan three months ago. the problem started after i switched plans to 250 and then back to 900 again

Yes, It can be possible. I can tell you how is it possible. During a new ID creation on BSNL Domain for the purpose of Internet service, at the same time two policy will applye to this new ID. One is Paln Policy ( whether it is Unlimited Plan or Home 500 etc etc ) and second one is Speed Policy ( whether this ID gets 30KBps or 220KBps download speed ). This two policy will apply at the same time of the new ID creation. You can see your Plan Policy when you open your User's Record. If the Speed Policy set wrong ( if it's set to 8Mbps speed policy ) or forget to set ( I mean default ) then this ID will get 8MBps or Uncaped speed ( Uncaped speed gets if set it Default ). But when this user open his User's record he only see the Plan Policy like this guy saying he have H500 combo plan but cant see his Speed Policy. Some BSNL guy who have rights to make new ID are so noob and oldeg so forget some things during account creation. In Kolkata 8Mbps service is open so if speed policy set wrong then the ID will get that download speed. Even if the plan is Unlimited and if the speed policy set to 220KBps or 100KBps the ID will get 220KBps in Unlimeted Paln. Below is the Modem speed in Kolkata ( all BSNL Internet user in Kolkata dont get this speed )

*i189.photobucket.com/albums/z66/Ratul92001/untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:

ramsingh

Journeyman

guyz .plz help.. how to share in bridge mode.. i feel that the Bridge mode is stable for me compared to PPPOE..

ramsingh

Journeyman

i have absnl modem nd a switch.. through which 4 conectns r there ( me + 3 othr frnds).. now in bridge mode if i log in , d others cannot login nd not able to surf..?? what is d solution 2 this apart from using PPPOE mode..??

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

Yes, It can be possible. I can tell you how is it possible. During a new ID creation on BSNL Domain for the purpose of Internet service, at the same time two policy will applye to this new ID. One is Paln Policy ( whether it is Unlimited Plan or Home 500 etc etc ) and second one is Speed Policy ( whether this ID gets 30KBps or 220KBps download speed ). This two policy will apply at the same time of the new ID creation. You can see your Plan Policy when you open your User's Record. If the Speed Policy set wrong ( if it's set to 8Mbps speed policy ) or forget to set ( I mean default ) then this ID will get 8MBps or Uncaped speed ( Uncaped speed gets if set it Default ). But when this user open his User's record he only see the Plan Policy like this guy saying he have H500 combo plan but cant see his Speed Policy. Some BSNL guy who have rights to make new ID are so noob and oldeg so forget some things during account creation. In Kolkata 8Mbps service is open so if speed policy set wrong then the ID will get that download speed. Even if the plan is Unlimited and if the speed policy set to 220KBps or 100KBps the ID will get 220KBps in Unlimeted Paln. Below is the Modem speed in Kolkata ( all BSNL Internet user in Kolkata dont get this speed )

Hmm that explains why people are getting more than what they are paying for...thanks for the clarification bro !!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

i have absnl modem nd a switch.. through which 4 conectns r there ( me + 3 othr frnds).. now in bridge mode if i log in , d others cannot login nd not able to surf..?? what is d solution 2 this apart from using PPPOE mode..??
get a extra LAN card & from there plug the LAN Cable in the switch. and use a proxy, this way other can also use.

But if i would be in your place i would have used PPPOE mode only.

For many reasons

varunprabhakar

In the zone

if i want to change my dataone plan, how much time will it take for them to process the request and when will the plan b activated:now or 1st of next month?

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

if i want to change my dataone plan, how much time will it take for them to process the request and when will the plan b activated:now or 1st of next month?

It can be changed anytime... normally it's done within 2-3 hours after you submit the application if the lazy asses at the BSNL office aren't toooo lazy.

The charges are always calculated on pro rata basis.. say if the plan was changed on the 17th of this month, then you will be charged upto 17th as per your old plan and from 17th till the end of the month as per your new plan. It's pro rata, so they will charge you only for the no. of days, not the entire plan fee. and also your free usage will be calculated on no. of days.

din

Tribal Boy

Same happened in my case. I think some mistake from their side. Mine is 900 UL. For the first month, I used to get 2 Mbps !! But after one month back to 256.

I have a query here.
If ur explanation is based on the screenshot which u just attached, then u might be wrong. Coz the screenshot shows ur Link Speed...Its the same for all users. The speed limit comes into the picture once u enter ur username and password in Router. yes, its true that only few ppl are getting the 8Mbps link which is for NIB2 I guess...All new users..but for ppl like me the link speed has been 2Mbps for long time now...in fact from the starting of Dataone. and thats why I can seamlessly switch b/n 256Kbps and 2Mbps connection with couple of BSNL ids which I have. Just enter a diff ID and I m on 2Mbps.

Its just a suggestion though..U might still be correct. Though what I have told is perfectly fine.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think that Indranil92001's modem is showing the Attainable Line Rate. I mean the speed which his line is capable of attaining or can handle. If BSNL upgrades his connection to 8mbps, then he can get 1MBps easily.

@Indianail92001
Do yo get speeds above 256KBps during HTTP downloads?????

Also, have a look at this:
*img296.imageshack.us/img296/8426/screenshotlx6.jpg

Even my line can handle 8mbps if it is launched........If Indranil92001 is really experience speeds upto 1MBps (8mbps) then I think his modem is showing the Connection speed only.......Plz correct me if I'm wrong....

tech_lover

Journeyman

Hi,

I cannot check my usage for the past 15 days. I can log in. But clicking service record or any other link doesn't yield anything. (It shows a javascript error). Anyone facing similar problems? How to overcome this?
Thanks in advance.

Indranil92001

Journeyman

Same happened in my case. I think some mistake from their side. Mine is 900 UL. For the first month, I used to get 2 Mbps !! But after one month back to 256.

Because your plan policy is only changed not the Speed policy. When speed policy is change then you get 30 - 32KBps download speed.

I have a query here.
If ur explanation is based on the screenshot which u just attached, then u might be wrong. Coz the screenshot shows ur Link Speed...Its the same for all users. The speed limit comes into the picture once u enter ur username and password in Router. yes, its true that only few ppl are getting the 8Mbps link which is for NIB2 I guess...All new users..but for ppl like me the link speed has been 2Mbps for long time now...in fact from the starting of Dataone. and thats why I can seamlessly switch b/n 256Kbps and 2Mbps connection with couple of BSNL ids which I have. Just enter a diff ID and I m on 2Mbps.

Its just a suggestion though..U might still be correct. Though what I have told is perfectly fine.

The speed shown in the Modem is the mean How mutch you get the download speed. I mean 8Mbps mean you can Download up to 8 Mbps ( Depand on the Speed Policy of the ID ). If your Modem shows 2Mbps and you log on by the ID which have Speed Policy 8Mbps but you get the 2mbps not 8Mbps. Only deferent is you can get full
256KBps download speed not like 214KBps or 220KBps. Because the ID which have Speed Policy 8Mbps set in server 860KBps download speed so you get the full 2048Kbps mean 256KBps download speed.

I think that Indranil92001's modem is showing the Attainable Line Rate. I mean the speed which his line is capable of attaining or can handle. If BSNL upgrades his connection to 8mbps, then he can get 1MBps easily.

@Indianail92001
Do yo get speeds above 256KBps during HTTP downloads?????

If I log on by ID which have 2Mbps speed then I get 214KBps ( But in Kolkata the speed set to 196KBps , dont know why ). Even if the modem shows the download speed 24Mbps and if I log on by an ID 2Mbps then I get 2Mbps download speed not 24Mbps because of speed policy.

Exactly...Even I was saying the same. That all speed Limits comes in picture only when u use a specific type of userlogin.
And yes, BSNL gives an "upto 2Mbps speed"...so u cant complain if u r getting 196KBPS :p..

An Analogy: Its something like when Bike Manufacturers quote KMPL..what millage they offer is under Lab Conditions which never actually is the case in reality. :)

OFFTOPIC(didnt find it worth making a new thread for this) : Anybody seen the new BAJA Pulsar ad on TV. looks really cool. Some Awesome Stunts..
If someone can plz provide a HI-Quality Rip or some download link.

Last edited:
Top Bottom