** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

ramsingh

Journeyman
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

my IP is 59.xx.xx.xx something.. but i have to login 2 new portal with portal ID.. so m i in NIB I or NIB-II

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

Are u sure your ip is 59.xx.xx.xx ?? Because i thought only the IPs starting 117.xx.xx.xx could access the newer usage checking portal. 59.xx.xx.xx comes under NIB I and 117.xx.xx.xx comes under NIB II expansion phase.

ramsingh

Journeyman

when cheking speed with dataone speedtest.. it shows ip as 59.XX. something..

59.9X.208.7X.. is waht it showed now..

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

run "cmd" in run box,then enter "ipconfig /all" it will show all details in a window$ xp system.

ramsingh

Journeyman

yes.. its a 59.XX.XXX.XX ip adress.. does it mean i am in NIB I..???

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

:x

my net is really screwed up.

i couldnt connect since ~8pm

it wud connect for few seconds & then die:x

now i'm using open dns. lets see how long the net lives.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

WoW...didnt expect that coming !!

Ok here it is...in the strictest sense ROM refers to mask ROM which is designed and fabricated with the desired data permanently stored in it, and thus can never be modified. But modern types of ROM such as EPROM and flash EEPROM can be erased and re-programmed multiple times. They are still described as "read-only memory" because the reprogramming process is generally infrequent, comparatively slow.

Hope this clears the confusion.
Thanks a lot!
As my User title says I am a curious guy:p
so asked

praka123

left this forum longback

^we are experiencing in kerala too! :evil: slow connections :(

Indranil92001

Journeyman

from february the BSNL in Kolkata set their download speed to the user 214 KBps to 196KBps. No one can download above the speed 196KBps. BSNL is cheating their coustomear.

praka123

left this forum longback

^my speeds are normal from past 2 days :p getting around 220KB/s :)

praka123

left this forum longback

^Nope :( .I have to call the bsnl guy to know more,will do later.
BTW,UT300R2U modem is crap when compared to good ol' huawei MT series :( guess my decision was wrong exchanging huawei for UTSTARCOM modem :( this modem has got lot of problems ranging from no pppoe dialer ?

@cool tech:if u want,I can give u Ernakulam core server number?do u want?

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

Yes, i too miss my old MT880. Now my UTStar 300R2U has also stopped working and am on UTStar 300R2 ADSL modem (which i got with Reliance Broadnet connection). UTStar modems are pathetic :(

praka123

left this forum longback

guess I have to buy a dlink 502T router for myself.but my bsnl friend insist that buying a router/modem is a waste of money what 2 do?waht 2 do? :?

Indranil92001

Journeyman

^my speeds are normal from past 2 days :p getting around 220KB/s :)

Because I think you are not in Kolkata or if you leave in kolkata and use Internet Download Manager to see download speed you dont see the correct download speed. IDM shows fake download speed. If you use IDM to download and want to see the correct download speed then Install Bandwith Monitor. Start the download and at the same time open the Bandwith Monitor. Here you can see the correct download speed in Bandwith Monitor. If you use torrent client then you dont need to install Bandwith Monitor because Torrent client ( Azureus, Utorrent etc etc ) dont shows fake download speed.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

^I use GNU/Linux Only;no windows!.and the speeds are correct :) more or less constant 218-220KBps :)
No,I am in Kerala.before 2 days back,the speeds are real low !

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

guess I have to buy a dlink 502T router for myself.but my bsnl friend insist that buying a router/modem is a waste of money what 2 do?waht 2 do? :?
I am planning to take BSNL modem as rental. Although it amounts to 60/- per month as rental charges, we can demand any router/modem from them. Am particularly interested in Siemens/Nokia-Siemens router, which they had introduced some months ago.

praka123

left this forum longback

^I am already on rental as u can guess!:p but they are not ready to give siemens/other new modems :( as they are saying there is lack of modems for new connxn blah....

Top Bottom