** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

ramsingh

Journeyman
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

i am paying rental of Rs, 60.. say after 20 months.. after paying Rs. 1200 as rental will the modem be mine.... or will it still be property of BSNL?

adi007

Youngling

^^it will be still the property of BSNL..
i have already asked the BSNL official about it

praka123

left this forum longback

^afaik they will give free modem for bigger plans!

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

@ Ramsingh Like mentioned by adi007, it will be a property of BSNL. But u can purchase it anytime u want to. There are two options. Option 1: If you want to continue with the existing modem, 50% of the amount already paid as monthly rentals can be adjusted in the sale price of modem. Option 2: If you want a new modem, full amount will be charged as per prevailing price for the new modem and the old modem is to be returned in working condition.

Indranil92001

Journeyman

^I use GNU/Linux Only;no windows!.and the speeds are correct :) more or less constant 218-220KBps :)
No,I am in Kerala.before 2 days back,the speeds are real low !

you are in Kerala so you are getting 218 - 220 KBps download speed, but in Kolkata it's set to 196KBps. BSNL kolkata fakeing their coustomears and takes bill 500 permonth. The download speed was in Kolkata before February 214KBps and now it's set to 196KBps.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

^^ Checkout *www.speedtest.net/result/242848453.png This user is in Kolkata. He got connected connected two days back and is in H500 combo plan. I am not sure of his download speeds though.

How can u have so much upload speed. :O .
its a known fact that Dataone is ADSL. e.g for UL connection
Downwards- 256Kbps.
Upwards--> 64Kbps.
Ratio U/D ratio 1:4

I suspect the quality of this speed test tool.

Last edited:

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

How can u have so much upload speed. :O .
its a known fact that Dataone is ADSL. e.g for UL connection
Downwards- 256Kbps.
Upwards--> 64Kbps.
Ratio U/D ratio 1:4

I suspect the quality of this speed test tool.

ADSL is 1:4. But BSNL implements 1:8 for the older subscribers (excluding UL plans). Downstream is 2048kbps and upstream is 256kbps. For the newer subscribers its 8192kbps downstream and 816kbps upstream (now dont ask me how come they dont use 1024kbps upstream, as with the 1:8 thumb rule of BSNL) Because frankly i dont know :(

dude, i'm on H500 plan.:p
It Doesnt Matter which plan u r on.
Just go to ur Router's home page and U can check the Link Speeds.
Upstream and Downstream
For my connection it is 2048Kbps Downstream and 512Kbps upstream.
So whenever I just use a diff Id to log in( a home 500 id) I start getting 2Mbps...But the ratio is still the same....1:4

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

It Doesnt Matter which plan u r on.
Just go to ur Router's home page and U can check the Link Speeds.
Upstream and Downstream
For my connection it is 2048Kbps Downstream and 512Kbps upstream.
So whenever I just use a diff Id to log in( a home 500 id) I start getting 2Mbps...But the ratio is still the same....1:4

if u had read my previous posts, you'd have understood.

i'm havin weird connc. prblms. with this h500 plan.

limewire doesnt connect at all.... i used to get 220KBps, then the speed dropped to 30KBps frm this month start.

& now i'm surviving on open dns, coz on default bsnl dns, the net was as good as dead.

so wat u saw in tat pic is, result of this prblm.

btw, the result frm Router's home page
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 419
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 2928

ajaybc

Youngling

Dataone quick usage finder not working for me.I have the 117.XX.XX type of ip and use the new portal.The new portal is a crap and doesnt show the total usage excluding night free hours.Please help

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

The Dataone QUF is designed to work on the older portal and for subscribers with 59.xx.xx.xx IP range. U will have to wait until the author updates his program.

ajaybc

Youngling

The Dataone QUF is designed to work on the older portal and for subscribers with 59.xx.xx.xx IP range. U will have to wait until the author updates his program.

Any other tools for this purpose?
Are there any firefox extensions or addons for this.I know that there are a lot of programmers in this forum.It wud be of great help to the thousands of BSNL users all around India if any one creates such a program or addon.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

^^ If u have an account in Orkut u can download a tool from here *www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=10452351&tid=2587582392719300812

ramsingh

Journeyman

i have absnl modem nd a switch.. through which 4 conectns r there ( me + 3 othr frnds).. now in bridge mode if i log in , d others cannot login nd not able to surf..?? what is d solution 2 this apart from using PPPOE mode..??

Top Bottom