** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

still slow speeds.yester night the speeds did climbed upwards.but,now today morning I am d/ling debian updates @ 7-12KB/S :evil: WTF is Happening!?

Now,I went to router's web based config page(192.168.1.1) to set the modulation type as ADSL2 instead of earlier g.dmt and ADSL2+ ;a slight improvement;thats all. :(

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

The problem in my area still persists,i have confirmed this from other guys.

din

Tribal Boy

One of my friends form Pune called me 15 mins back. Told me internet is down all over Pune, all comapnies are in trouble. They got the news that some cable in Egypt got cut. I do not know whether it is true.

Anyway here Dataone is up (may be the direct connection at Cochin ?). Yes it is slow all over Kerala.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

Yeah it became slow again. Affected for the past 1 hour.

Rockstar11

Technomancer

yep net slow ho gaya hai... :mad:

Guys use a proxy :D

im using *www.free-canadian-proxy.info

Internet services in India and Egypt disrupted
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79365

Cerebral Assasin

Showstopper

Its not only with BSNL its with hfclconnect too, mera net kal 2 baje se slow ho gaya tha ab theek huya hai.

Anyway, main aaj BSNL ke office main gaya tha, they said that i will have to apply for a telephone connection first, and i will have to pay 500 Rs for that, phone included. Uske baad main Dataone ka connection le sakta hoon. 600 Rs wala combo plan ke liye apply kar sakta hoon fir, so i will have to pay 1100 Rs only. No installation charges, nothing additional besides this.

Main to soch raha tha ki i will have to pay 3000 Rs atleast lekin i will pay only 1100 Rs. Router toh rent pe le lunga. Are there any additional hidden charges besides these ? And what is the monthly rental including taxes and router rental for Combo 600 plan.

din

Tribal Boy

@Cerebral Assasin

Sorry for going offtopic ...

Eenthough I can understand Hindi, it may not be easy (including me !) for most to read it and understand fast. Will be great if you write in English ..

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

ya,had it been in English, perhaps even me could have understood.What is this aadha hindi bhaki angrezi?:)

BTW, I checked the internet speed a while ago and get a decent 1.27Mbps from the Chicago server of speedtest.net, though the pingtime is around 600msec - double of what is usual 300msec.
And incidentally someone said thinkdigit.com as an Indian site. Thinkdigit.com server is located in Colorodo USA.
Much to my surprise the PC Magazine's (U.K.) server is located in India, most probably at Chennai ( Bharti Airtel)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Mbps UL plan for home users on its way, but wont be cheap, i guess.:))

BSNL launches 1Mbps and 2Mbps Unlimited Broadband service under the Business Plan category
*bsnl.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=399

Tariff = Business = UL 9000 Plus

Bandwidth*
1 Mbps

* Up linking will be maximum 768 Kbps under both the plans.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

yep speeds are very slow, just 10-12kbps.

guys stop your torrents:D, the total bandwidth is decreased by 60%, let others breathe.

Save bandwidth!!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

yep speeds are very slow, just 10-12kbps.

guys stop your torrents:D, the total bandwidth is decreased by 60%, let others breathe.

Save bandwidth!!
Will BSNL compensate by providing me 512kBps UL for the days they're doing this repair?

I'm using p2p and maxing out my connection. Get 24-25 KBps against my usual speed of 29-30 kBps.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

@Cerebral assassin
Are you trying to assassinate our cerebrum?:mad:

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Ok, had a quick chat with CMD, BSNL and here's our interview: (Re posting here)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2295/2233343888_54f5d31e96_o.jpg

Indranil92001

Journeyman

@drgrudge do you ask about any speed increasing in future for the home user ( 2mbps to 8mbps ) during interview with CMD

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

I found a interesting article @ bbforum.
here it is:
New Delhi: India’s electronic ticketing and movie booking sites such as those run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp. Ltd, or IRCTC, Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd, and PVR Ltd saw a slump in ticket sales a day after two undersea cables carrying telecom traffic were severed in the Mediterranean Sea, disrupting half the Internet and communication capacity serving India.

The government said it expected the cables to be repaired within 10 days. Traffic on the affected routes were being shifted to “other cables such as SMW-3 cable and Pacific route cables etc. to restore the telecommunication links,” it said in a statement. SMW-3 is the name of a cable connecting South-East Asia, West Asia and Europe.

Undersea optic fibre circuits, leased or owned by service providers such as Reliance Communications Ltd, or RCom, Bharti Airtel Ltd or the state-run Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) were affected. Trade body Internet Service Providers Association of India estimated a 40-50% reduction in telecom bandwidth. The broken cables, owned by the RCom-controlled Flag Telecom Group, off the Egypt coast also affected services in that country and West Asia.

IRCTC, the online ticketing site for the Indian Railways that uses Net connectivity from MTNL, has seen a slowdown in the speed. “Since 3pm today, we have seen some fluctuation in connectivity but we are in touch with our service provider,” said a senior executive, who does not wanted to be identified. On average, the portal sells around 6,000 tickets an hour, but “that has dropped to between 1,400 and 2,400 tickets.”

MTNL leases around three-fourths of its bandwidth from Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd, or VSNL and the rest from RCom. While RCom has not restored services, VSNL has restored connectivity.

“Since this morning, 90% of our bandwidth is available for customers, which we have increased from VSNL,” said A. K. Arora, executive director at MTNL. He said RCom’s services are likely to be restored by 9pm Thursday, failing which “we will switch over completely to VSNL.”

Air ticketing portal Yatra.com has seen a 10-15% impact on volumes in the last 24 hours. It sells around 6,500 tickets a day, which, since last afternoon, has dropped to about 5,700. It is now routing traffic through Singapore. “We hope that with the alternative route, tomorrow morning our site should be back to normal,” said co-founder Dhruv Shringi.
*www.livemint.com/2008/01/31233125/Cable-breakdown-hits-rail-air.html
..and it's reliance's undersea cable which is broken :?

news for me :confused: :-| bsnl/mtnl leasing from pvt companies :?

Cerebral Assasin

Showstopper

OK, here's it in English. :) I went to BSNL office yesterday, they said that i will have to apply for a telephone connection first, and i will have to pay 500 Rs for that. Only then i can apply for Dataone connection. I will apply for 600 Rs Combo plan after that, that means that i will be paying 1100 Rs only. No installation charges, nothing additional besides this.

And i was thinking that i will have to pay atleast 3000 Rs but instead i will be paying 1100 Rs only. I won't buy the router but i will get it on rent. Are there any additional hidden charges besides these ? And what is the monthly rental including taxes and router rental for Combo 600 plan.

din

Tribal Boy

@Prakash

I am not very sure, but regarding the undersea cables that reach Cochin

SEA-ME-WE -> More share by VSNL

FLAG -> More share by Reliance

I think other ISPs are using these.

Top Bottom