** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

^read in manorama news paper(pg.no 15) that Ship anchor which destroyed the Flag Telecom's cables :-|

prafull

Broken In

Error 404: No target servlet configured for uri: /BroadBandCustomerPortal/

Anyone else getting this error message on *p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ ?

din

Tribal Boy

Yes, getting the same error. But not surprised lol, I used to get some sort of errors (not this error before though) all the time while accessing the link. sometimes it works, sometimes it does not !

amey_dude

Journeyman
BSNL Dataone slow browsing speed.

I have dataone 900UL plan. I hv a wireless setup at my home. The router i hv is linksys WRT54GC. The browsing speed is very low. However i get speed around 25 to 30 KBps when downloading using FDM (free download manager). But still i am not justified to the speed i am paying for ie while browsing i dont get 256kbps speed. When i checked the speed test in dataone.in site it say i hv speed around 65kbps to 125 kbps( only once i had tht). Is this the speed i am paying 900 for :x Or is something wrong in my connection only ??

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Re: BSNL Dataone slow browsing speed.

Its because of this - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79365

Rahim

Married!

Couldnt even connect last night but today theservice is on but it is too erratic at the moment

amey_dude

Journeyman

i also know the news. But then howcome others, i mean living my area having connection Home plan 500 can get 1.50Mbps ?? If they get so much speed i should also get around 200-225Kbps as i have 256 kbps connection ??

din

Tribal Boy

Lil surprised !!

Dataone 900UL plan is for 256 kbps max.

And you are getting 25 to 30 Kbps, that is 30 x 8 Kbps = 240 kbps which is very close to what BSNL promise.

Other schemes are like upto 2 Mbps, but 900UL plan is not like that. Its max is 256 kbps itself.

Hope it is clear now.

Oh, I forgot, I have the same thing as you :) I mean UL 900 Plus scheme and same router (wireless).

suyashpandit

Digit Addict

man u didnt see the news paper?

some internet cables are cutted in ocean so india and egypt's internet is 50% down

but now its working well me also dataone user

din

Tribal Boy

@suyashpandit

He saw the news and his speed is good too ! I mean hes getting nearly 256 kbps itself. Seems hes just confused over the plans.

amey_dude

Journeyman

are...i know the plan....i said tht i get low speeds while browsing.

see this picture.

*img297.imageshack.us/img297/480/98478801an3.th.jpg

jus now i hv tested.

praka123

left this forum longback

@din:it seems NIB-II dataone users are not facing low speeds?(whose IP starts with 117.xx.) while those old dataone users having assigned 59.xx.x.x are facing real slow esp this time. :evil:

ayushman9

Journeyman
Dataone has suddenly became slow ?

I am residing in raipur ( C.G) . I have a vista ultimate 32 bit installed as primary operating system and win xp pro 64 bit as secondary but i only use vista to download and have a dataone plan 500 activated .The connection was running fine however just a week ago it has suddenly got slow .ie

1. When i go to dataone administration page it shows everything normal ,and when i click on the check download speed ,it shows it between 863 kbps to 1.023 mbps .

2 Almost all sites are taking some what more time to load . Eg Thinkdigit is taking approx 7 sec to load without pictures then 2 more sec for pictures previously it took only 3 to 4 sec for complete loading. However Google search is running fast or normal .

3 . The most annoying thing is rapid share . I always use to choose "telisonera " or "Global crossing" for download and download speed used to reach 120 kbps to 220 kbps LITERALLY . However now it averages to 65 to 75 kbps and rarely reaching 100 kbps.

4. However torrent ( i use u torrent ) is running perfectly fine with speed somewhat slow but not so slow about 80 to 100 kbps depending upon tracker speed .

What may be the problem ? I want to talk to bsnl Agent as last option as they are pretty rude here .

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Re: Dataone has suddenly became slow ?

Its because of an undersea cable breakage...
See this - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79365

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: Dataone has suddenly became slow ?

I am residing in raipur ( C.G) . I have a vista ultimate 32 bit installed as primary operating system and win xp pro 64 bit as secondary but i only use vista to download and have a dataone plan 500 activated .The connection was running fine however just a week ago it has suddenly got slow .ie

1. When i go to dataone administration page it shows everything normal ,and when i click on the check download speed ,it shows it between 863 kbps to 1.023 mbps .

2 Almost all sites are taking some what more time to load . Eg Thinkdigit is taking approx 7 sec to load without pictures then 2 more sec for pictures previously it took only 3 to 4 sec for complete loading. However Google search is running fast or normal .

3 . The most annoying thing is rapid share . I always use to choose "telisonera " or "Global crossing" for download and download speed used to reach 120 kbps to 220 kbps LITERALLY . However now it averages to 65 to 75 kbps and rarely reaching 100 kbps.

4. However torrent ( i use u torrent ) is running perfectly fine with speed somewhat slow but not so slow about 80 to 100 kbps depending upon tracker speed .

What may be the problem ? I want to talk to bsnl Agent as last option as they are pretty rude here .
Good morning!
didn't read the news??
*www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?autono=312241&leftnm=8&subLeft=0&chkFlg=

my speeds are slow
*www.speedtest.net/result/229494281.png

Interesting info
REPAIRING A BROKEN UNDERSEA CABLE

# Find the location of the accident; drag the damaged part to the surface, and replace it with a new stretch of cable
# May also send light pulses along the fibers in the cable to determine the exact location
# A working fiber will transmit those pulses all the way across the ocean; a broken one will bounce it back
# The telecom operator then sends out a large cable ship with a few miles of fresh fibre-optic lines
# If the faulty part of the cable is less than about 4,000 feet down, a submersible robot can be sent
# The robot finds the right place; grabs hold of the cable; cuts out the malfunctioning section, and pulls the loose ends back up to the ship
# Robots do not work in very deep water. In such cases, technicians use a grapnel to cut the cable and hold it
# A skilled technician (jointer) splices the glass fibers; uses adhesives to attach the new section of cable
# The repaired cable is then lowered back to the seabed on ropes

praka123

left this forum longback

*www.speedtest.net/result/229528377.png
^for national links also speed sucks :evil:

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

My speedtest
Chicago server:
*www.speedtest.net/result/229532834.png