** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

^^
Yeah, so much to download, so little bandwidth. :p

Maran was prolly the best Minister I've seen for a long time. These suckers won't do good job nor let others do.

Stalker

Padawan

I just went to www.dataone.in & clicked on Check my account Usage. It directed me to *data.bsnl.in/wps/portal as usual. But IE is reporting it as a phishing website:confused:

Can anyone else confirm this?

din

Tribal Boy

@Stalker

Checked at

*p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ ?

When we check *data.bsnl.in/wps/portal , I see a red link to the above site. And it works for me.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Congrats to stalker on his newly installed BroadBand connection.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

I just went to www.dataone.in & clicked on Check my account Usage. It directed me to *data.bsnl.in/wps/portal as usual. But IE is reporting it as a phishing website:confused:

Can anyone else confirm this?
forget Internet Explorer & Use firefox :D

Stalker

Padawan

@din
Thanks , problem solved. I dunno why IE reports it as a phishing website :razz:

@Harvik780

@Gary4gar
I do use Firefox, dunno why i opened that link in IE :))

din

Tribal Boy

Another thing

*p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal

I can check usage there, but where is the place where I used to see my bill plan and all other details ? Coouldn't see it anymore :( The above link gives only usage details and nothing else.

i have bsnl home plan 250 at my hoome, how cd i know abt dataone usage..i tried doing many things as mentioned in some threads but no successs. Hope u cd help.

lavi87

Broken In
Change in plan

friends the bsnl S.D.O is not ready to change my plan to 500combo
he says that as i have been migrated to new 117.xx.xx.xx ip . so i cant
change my plan for 3 months. is it in your area too.:mad:

i think i have got only 1 option left to disconnect my broadband plan and then apply again as new connection and new plan

din

Tribal Boy

@lavi87

Make sure you will get broadband after you close it. Else it will not be fun !

axxo

99.9% Idle

I'm getting little impatient and frustrated. For Rs 1k I get this paltry 256k and 64k d/l & u/p speeds. IMO the minimum should be 512k.

Still waiting for a decent connection at a resonable amount.

es am paying more than what 2MBPS connection users but still getting only 256kbps ,,it should be atleast 512kbps unlimited for 900 plans or atleast night unlimited 2MBps for all 900UL users..

Cerebral Assasin

Showstopper

I am using connect broadband. Its 990 Unlimited plan, according to connect my minimum speed is 80 kbps and maximum speed is 256kbps. I download a lot of data everyday but i am not satisfied with the actual download speed.

Speedtest.net says that my download speed is 297 kb/s and upload speed is 72 kb/s.

But whenever i download something using Internet download manager, maximum speed which i get is 24 kbps. Now i am confused of these calculations of bits and bytes (1byte=8bits)

I am planning to shift to dataone's home 500 plan. What is the actual upload and download speed of this plan.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

I am using connect broadband. Its 990 Unlimited plan, according to connect my minimum speed is 80 kbps and maximum speed is 256kbps. I download a lot of data everyday but i am not satisfied with the actual download speed.

Speedtest.net says that my download speed is 297 kb/s and upload speed is 72 kb/s.

But whenever i download something using Internet download manager, maximum speed which i get is 24 kbps. Now i am confused of these calculations of bits and bytes (1byte=8bits)

I am planning to shift to dataone's home 500 plan. What is the actual upload and download speed of this plan.

How many times will people confuse themselves with this?????

KBps = Kilo Bytes per second
kbps = Kilo Bits per second

When you write, please denote them with the correct types. Do not denote Kilo Bytes per second as kbps, if you do, then you're confusing yourself.

Your download manager gives you Kilo Bytes 24KBps=24x8=192Kbps.
It doesn't always mean that your download manager is going to give you the highest speed on the line, it will only give you the highest speed from the server it's downloading within a maximum limit of your line. So, if the server you're downloading has a maximum lesser than your line maximum, it doesn't mean your line is not performing. If your speed test show that you get 297Kbps, then moving to some other provided would sound foolish, because, it's already giving you more that what was promised. Rest is up to you to use your own judgement.

Cerebral Assasin

Showstopper

How many times will people confuse themselves with this?????

KBps = Kilo Bytes per second
kbps = Kilo Bits per second

When you write, please denote them with the correct types. Do not denote Kilo Bytes per second as kbps, if you do, then you're confusing yourself.

Your download manager gives you Kilo Bytes 24KBps=24x8=192Kbps.
It doesn't always mean that your download manager is going to give you the highest speed on the line, it will only give you the highest speed from the server it's downloading within a maximum limit of your line. So, if the server you're downloading has a maximum lesser than your line maximum, it doesn't mean your line is not performing. If your speed test show that you get 297Kbps, then moving to some other provided would sound foolish, because, it's already giving you more that what was promised. Rest is up to you to use your own judgement.

Thanks for clearing it out, but i know all about bits and bytes. The thing is i am not satisfied with this speed. Also its quite costly, i pay 1091 Rs for it. I think dataone's plans are better. You didn't answer my real question, my question was, what is the actual speed of dataone's home 500 plan, is it better than my current plan or not?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

Your connect 990 plan specifies a maximum bandwidth as upto 256 Kbps. That is 32KBps.You should be happy if you get speeds higher than this.As per TRAI definition , this cannot be called as Broadband. It is only high speed internet.
As regards BSNL home 500 plan,the specified bandwidth is 256Kbps but can go upto 2Mbps depending upon your distance from the exchange and line parameters.

Just as an example my speed is mostly around 1.7 Mbps.

The BSNL home 500 plan will definitely be better than your current service, but be aware your max. free usage per month is capped at 2.5GB above which you will pay 80p per MB.(usage from 0200hrs to 0800hrs is however not counted)

Usually the best practice to determine your line's capability, will be to conduct the speed test from a local server.If you are using speedtest.net, choose the Mumbai server.

As Cyrus has pointed out your actual download speeds , will depend upon various other factors not really under your control.If your pipeline is capable of carrying more data than a single connect to a distant server can give, then you can usually increase the speeds for large files using a download accelerator which establishes more connections to the server to extract more juice.

Cerebral Assasin

Showstopper

Thanks for the info, 1.7 Mbps is a good speed, my house is not far from the exchange, so there shouldn't be any problem. I will definitely download large files before 8 am. Yes i used Mumbai server for the test cause it was the nearest. I don't trust servers from Pakistan. I use Internet download manager as its the best out there and i use 16 connections per download. I have tweaked it to give the best performance.

I hope BSNL won't dissappoint me.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

boo.........................:D Connect 990 plan is that of HFCL (Himachal Futuristics Communication Ltd) in Punjab.

prafull

Broken In

Hi guys, I just got plan 500 (NU) and using huawei wa1003a modem.

My dsl speeds show 512/1024kbps.That means I am capped at 1 mbps intead of usual 2 mbps. How to increase the speed ? Where to complain about it ? 1800-424-1600 doesnt seem to work here in gwalior and ppl at 1500 have no clue about it.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

Can you please post the complete line statistics from your modem?

Top Bottom