** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Phreezer

Broken In
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

hi guys,
i'm not being able to open some sites today while others are opening fine. I need to login to my webhosting account but the website just refused to open. Then I tried a US proxy & the site opens fine...what can be the possible problem? Is it DNS or something...

Problem solved ppl...was a temporary problem with DNS...but that temporary lasted for hours that's why i posted here...sorry for the futile post.

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

Have you tried using other browser also.Please try to open using other browser.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"

@Phreezer -> Were you from Bangalore? Even I had the same problem, Both the Latencies and DNS Failures had peaked day-before-yesterday to yesterday (till evening).

Its working fine now, Hope it stays that way. (And sheesh! Winter is killing me :s)

masterash

Right off the assembly line

Hi Guys,

I need help. I am not in Hyderabad but my in-laws liveher. I asked them to get BSNL DataOne connection to use VOIP.
It took 6weeks to get it as BSNL server was down.
Finally they got the connection lastweek. It worked first 2 days and after that it is down again. They visited BSNL local office and were told that server was down. Is it normal with BSNL.
They live in Yusuf Guda. Can anybody around that area please tell me if they are having any Internet issues with BSNL Dataone and How is the quality like for Internet. In terms of uptime/spedd.

Thanks

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

Cyrus_the_virus said:
You will be charged on a pro rata basis. As per what you have posted, your plan changed on the 3rd. Which means you can use the rest 27days on the Home500 plan which is 2560MB/30days = 85.33MB/day x 27days = 2304MB. So, this month, your usage shouldn't exceed 2304MB.

One thing I'm not sure about is if BSNL has reset your data counter on the 3rd. If they have not, then you can use 2304MB+3days of 1GB(1024/30 x 3) = 2304+102= 2406. So, if your account page did not reset to 0 on the 3rd, then you can use a total of 2406MB this month. Hope this help:)

Thanks a lot for your reply..!
actually even if i get 2 GB downlaod this month..its good enough
coz i have already exceeded 1 Gb ! so just wanted to be sure that i won't be charged for 1GB+ as plan as already been changed !

so i guess i can start off with free night time !! lol !

Phreezer

Broken In

no [xubz] am not from hyderabad. BSNL works fine here most of the time as opposed to the popular notion...wish it stays this way.

direfulsky

Broken In

hello guys!
i am unable to open dataone usage account..*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp
is i need a JVM ..i did every thing disbaled firewall...and clearing all private data from ie...please help!
thanks. even the link on up east web direct me to www.bsnl.co.in rather then where it supposed to!

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Any guy here who got changed to bsnl combo C+ plan ? (which is actually Rs. 600 month including ph. rental I guess) ...
I am wishing to change to this new plan from 900ul PLUS.. I am really gone made with 256kbps.. I need more :p

If any guy then tell me how much time it took you to get plan changed after you gave applcation ?

jossee

Broken In

Ricky said:
Any guy here who got changed to bsnl combo C+ plan ? (which is actually Rs. 600 month including ph. rental I guess) ...
I am wishing to change to this new plan from 900ul PLUS.. I am really gone made with 256kbps.. I need more :p

If any guy then tell me how much time it took you to get plan changed after you gave applcation ?

It will be done only on 31st of the previous month or 1st of the month.. regardless your submission of application..

din

Tribal Boy

Just 3 days honeymoon with dataone, problems still :( I am getting disconnected a lot. Anyone having new connection facing similar issues ?

I got my connection last friday (Nov 16). It worked till evening and then stopped (no blinking of the data LED - modem is SIEMENS C2110). Then it came back at night and worked normally. Saturday somewhat ok, but I didn't check much. Sunday again 3 or 4 hr down, back in perfect at night.

Today only 1 or 2 hr uptime. Sometimes the LINK LED blinks, sometimes that also does not glow. When I called the exchange people, they said it may be some temporary problem, asked me to check it for some more time.

When it connects, I am getting good speed - my scheme is 256 unlimited and I am getting a constant speed of 230 -240.

Any ideas ? Any others facing similar issues ? Anything to check ? Any chance it will be a problem of the modem ?

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

shaplus said:
New version 2.8 released with following addition
* Add new combo plans plans Home 500 C and 500 C+
* Changed revised Tax rate in estimated bill

Download latest version from *shaplus.com/dataone

Thread

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

@din, as a first step disconnect your wireless router, connect your modem directly to the PC and check out whether the connection drops.Bad and noisy lines will drop connections. I am sure there will be a page in your modem giving out the connection details when your connection is on or dropped..In particular check out the line parameter SNR.( Signal to noise ratio.)If it is less than 12 whether download or upload, report the same to BSNL and ask them to check your line.Till the frequent disconnection problem is sorted out keep your wireless router away and don't ever tell the BSNL guys. Otherwise straightaway they will blame the router without even looking whether the fault is on their side.They are such wonderful technically capable guys.

din

Tribal Boy

@Ponmayilal

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will sure try that. But even before connecting the wireless router, the problem was there. So I do not think it is the router issue, but will check before I confirm.

Anyway will call them again tomorrow to test it.

Edit

6.16 PM

Back in broadband, pretty good speed ! Hmm, they might be switching off something till 6.00 PM and making it ON when they go home ? LOL

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

in linux try,pppoe-discovery for more details of ur core server(just a tip!).
go to 192.168.1.1 for ur cpe interface.check the details.yes,u got a default user and passwd.dont know them reg siemens.just check the booklet u got with it or google.

din

Tribal Boy

This is acting strange, may be I am new to Dataone, others already seen ?

Yesterday night, broadband is back, speed goes too high (never mind, the happiness of dial-up to bb user !) like 40, 80,100, 140 KB/S (yes I double checked).

Today morning again good speeds, like 40-60 KB/s. I am little confused coz, my plan is 256 unlimited, this 140 means 140x8 = 1120 kbps isn't it ?

Or this is for a short time, will be back to normal ?

Downloading Fedora DVD for testing speed, downloaded 700 MB so far in a short span of time ..

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

@din..

It is for sure that the problem lies in your line but not in dataone guy.
But at your end you can try few stuff..
Like reducing number of Jack at your home, if you have phone line in built in you wiring ie. house wiring then try to get direct cable to your modem.

If it does not help then look for open joint then cut them and make a fresh joint then cover with cap..

I am sure all will help !

and if none of them help then ..
CALL BSNL .. $#@* guys !

din

Tribal Boy

Hmm, thank you for the suggestion.

But I have a strong feeling that it is not the line !! Reason is net is back now and I am getting very good speed, like 100 KB/s ! May be some guys are working on the lines at day time and switching off something ? Any chance of that ? Coz it becomes alright in the evening and night.

Anyway I am going to contact some higher officials this week, will keep you posted.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

Check your connection speed at various times using
*myspeed.visualware.com/speedtest/speedtestjs.html
and email the results to yourself.
That way you should be able to keep a record rather than keeping it in your memory.:)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

din said:
This is acting strange, may be I am new to Dataone, others already seen ?

Yesterday night, broadband is back, speed goes too high (never mind, the happiness of dial-up to bb user !) like 40, 80,100, 140 KB/S (yes I double checked).

Today morning again good speeds, like 40-60 KB/s. I am little confused coz, my plan is 256 unlimited, this 140 means 140x8 = 1120 kbps isn't it ?

Or this is for a short time, will be back to normal ?

Downloading Fedora DVD for testing speed, downloaded 700 MB so far in a short span of time ..
This is not a problem but it's a blessing. Because by nature, 256unlimited is not supposed to give you more than 256Kbps. But most of the times, BSNL takes out this restriction during the night time and you can run the line at it's full speed.

On the other hand, if you shifted from Home500 to 256unlimited, then you are supposed to get 2Mbps unlimited. It might just be that during the day, the exchange is peaking it's capacity with regards to no. of users online resulting in the lower bandwidth.

However, I think it's more or less the first case I mentioned.

Top Bottom