** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Long time GOD subscriber here. U can still see my name listed on their site, although i have unsubscribed (lookout for preveen, in top 10 gamers). U can download games only available on GOD service. Yep, its possible because they got a large assortment of old games. They dont provide COD4 or MOHAA or any other newer games. Hitman series, Thief series, and warrock are some of the relatively newer games available on GOD service. The maximum speed u will be able to download games from Indiagames is 32kBps.

Hope it helps...

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

cool_techie_tvm said:
Long time GOD subscriber here. U can still see my name listed on their site, although i have unsubscribed (lookout for preveen, in top 10 gamers). U can download games only available on GOD service. Yep, its possible because they got a large assortment of old games. They dont provide COD4 or MOHAA or any other newer games. Hitman series, Thief series, and warrock are some of the relatively newer games available on GOD service. The maximum speed u will be able to download games from Indiagames is 32kBps.

Hope it helps...
First of All, thanks for answer.
The website said 1 will get max speed supported so i was a bit confused .
If i upgrade to home 500 or 250 then WILL THE ADDITIONAL DOWNLOAD get in download tally?

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

Yes, u will get the maximum speed supported by your connection and thats 32kBps. The games which are downloaded from this service wont be accounted. Means u can download games for free from this site. Any network usage that occurs when the games are being played will be accountable. For example Warrock is an online multiplayer first person shooter game. If u play games like that, your network usage will be accounted for.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

cool_techie_tvm said:
Yes, u will get the maximum speed supported by your connection and thats 32kBps. The games which are downloaded from this service wont be accounted. Means u can download games for free from this site. Any network usage that occurs when the games are being played will be accountable. For example Warrock is an online multiplayer first person shooter game. If u play games like that, your network usage will be accounted for.
thank you :p

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

cool_techie_tvm said:
how are the pings?
also as its ADSL so up speed sucks, there is any lag?

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

Only some of the games available on IG are online multiplayer games. The rest can be played on your pc. But the IG client should be running on the background. IG has got this point system, by which every minute u play using their client is accounted for. Means if u play for 60 minutes, u get 60 points. Likewise u can accumulate 360 points per day. These points can be redeemed for items like Alienware lappies, Nokia phones, PS3s etc etc. Hence this client should be running on the background, and the client will keep track of the number of hours u play the game (game downloaded from IG)

I play Warrock. Warrock is a peer to peer game, not a peer to server game like CS. Hence the lag factor is dependent upon your upload speed. Apart from H900, all other Home plans have got a min of 256kbps upload speed. So the lag is minimal. But u might lag, if u play warrock using H900. I havent tried any other online multiplayer games from IG. Hence cant comment about those games...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

Guys I had a very Important Doubt !!

On NOVEMBER 1st I Asked for change of plan from HOME 250 PLAN to HOME PLAN 500 ! And they immediatley did it !

For the first two weeks in BSNL DATAONE ADMINISTRATION Site it said as HOME 250 Plan and now it says HOME 500 PLAN in the user Info section

So now this month can i download up to 2.5 GB or not ???

in service records it says this !!

HOME 500 downloadspeed -Upto 2 Mbps 2007/11/03 12:41:01 Normal

din

Tribal Boy

I just got Dataone connection ! Have some question.

First qn lol

The modem is SIEMENS C2110. I am planning to setup a home network to share the internet (2 PCs and one laptop) using infra_red_dude's tutorial.

Now, is that modem good ? Should I go for a Router or Modem+Router thing ? Which will be best for me ?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

din said:
I just got Dataone connection ! Have some question.

First qn lol

The modem is SIEMENS C2110. I am planning to setup a home network to share the internet (2 PCs and one laptop) using infra_red_dude's tutorial.

Now, is that modem good ? Should I go for a Router or Modem+Router thing ? Which will be best for me ?
Dont waste too much money..just get a switch (Rs. 500-600/-).

din

Tribal Boy

Lappy has wi-fi already and I have wi-fi adapter for PC, that is why I am thinking about wireless router.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed

din said:
Lappy has wi-fi already and I have wi-fi adapter for PC, that is why I am thinking about wireless router.

I am using Netgear Router+modem for past 1 month and i can share my machine data as well as internet connection bvetween my 2 laptops and 1 desktop... it has a good security system as well as very easy to set up.e 10 mins to start the router and get connected...

din

Tribal Boy

How much for Netgear Router+modem ? Just curious.. Wi-Fi router rt ?

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com

hi guys...i've got a lappy..can i use dataone wirelessly...i mean wirelessly between 2 rooms???

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

^ U have to get a Wifi Router and two Wifi cards.. One PCMCIA (for lappy) and other is PCI for desk

D

Devrathnd

How to change plans

I have currently home 250 plan and i want to change it to home 500 plan

What is the procedure and can i do it online

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Re: How to change plans

Devrathnd said:
I have currently home 250 plan and i want to change it to home 500 plan

What is the procedure and can i do it online
The best way is to call customer care..........they may ask your account number for conformation.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
Guys I had a very Important Doubt !!

On NOVEMBER 1st I Asked for change of plan from HOME 250 PLAN to HOME PLAN 500 ! And they immediatley did it !

For the first two weeks in BSNL DATAONE ADMINISTRATION Site it said as HOME 250 Plan and now it says HOME 500 PLAN in the user Info section

So now this month can i download up to 2.5 GB or not ???

in service records it says this !!

HOME 500 downloadspeed -Upto 2 Mbps 2007/11/03 12:41:01 Normal

You will be charged on a pro rata basis. As per what you have posted, your plan changed on the 3rd. Which means you can use the rest 27days on the Home500 plan which is 2560MB/30days = 85.33MB/day x 27days = 2304MB. So, this month, your usage shouldn't exceed 2304MB.

One thing I'm not sure about is if BSNL has reset your data counter on the 3rd. If they have not, then you can use 2304MB+3days of 1GB(1024/30 x 3) = 2304+102= 2406. So, if your account page did not reset to 0 on the 3rd, then you can use a total of 2406MB this month. Hope this help:)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com

din said:
Than i will suggest you to for a modem cum wifi router.Take care, the modem must should have both wifi and LAN port.

It should cost you anything around 3K.

Abhishek Dwivedi said:
hi guys...i've got a lappy..can i use dataone wirelessly...i mean wirelessly between 2 rooms???
yes you can use.Just check weather your lappy has wifi card.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Abhishek Dwivedi said:
Yes you can .. I have a dataone modem and I connected a linksys router to it.. now I can surf from room in my house.. be it first floor or ground floor.

Top Bottom