** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ No, it's still down :(

Only mobile connection I have is again BSNL and I am still using a feature phone. So I have to use my USB dongle (3G) to use internet which I am using right now. It's not good enough for my use case, it's slow. Once in a while it will spike to 1mbps, and that's only when Windows related things like update I will get that speed. Other than that I get about 100/200kbps, even when I try youtube, it will keep buffering and won't cross 100/200kbps. I don't know how is BSNL 4G in my area, have to ask around. But if I have to go that route, I have to shell out at least about 2k to get 4G dongle. New Airtel Fiber connection costs about the same :-|

In such case taking fiber makes more sense.

My bad : did not see you took Jio fiber. Anyway, congrats for your new connection and more importantly ditching BSNL wired line. Thread ttile shall be changed to " Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Nightmares Here " ... can't think of any thing better :twisted:

Last edited:

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
New BSNL FTTH plans starting from 1st April 2024
bsnl_ft1.jpg

bsnl_ft2.jpg

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Cyberghost So our BSNL plan is 100 Mbps. Does that mean we going for 150 Mbps? I am not quite sure which plan it is though

EDIT: FIBRE VALUES PLUS is our plan
does anyone still use bsnl broadband,given that they were plagued by poor service and dismal customer care issues for a long time?
Yes I do. We have all major fiber companies. I also have kept a backup jio fiber just in case. BSNL fiber works fine most of the time. At nights it's v/fast

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I was a long time subscriber of BSNL (Phone nearly 18 yrs) and then RJ45 connection(>10yrs) or so.
Never tried their FTTH.
BSNL suckssss....
I myself went to my nearest Telecom(BSNL) office a few times taking leave from my office. Most of the staffs were worthless lot NOT DOING any work.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The biggest issue I have with their fiber connection is that if you try to access any blocked site that does not have https, they will show you a full page ad.

IMO this must not be legal. Injecting ads into your webpages.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
does anyone still use bsnl broadband,given that they were plagued by poor service and dismal customer care issues for a long time?
At many hilly places like even Kullu-Manali BSNL is the only option. Same goes for many tier3 cities and rural areas.

The biggest issue I have with their fiber connection is that if you try to access any blocked site that does not have https, they will show you a full page ad.
I really wonder who comes up with these Funny ideas. Like somebody actually thought that it will be a good idea to display ads on blocked sites.(Although it maybe is looking from profit POV).

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
BSNL has changed the model a bit. It seems there are private dealerships that does your service and sales for particular area. So I call that number and they fix your fiber wire etc if there are issues (and for free for most of the time).

This is why I am continuing. Day hours net is bit slow cause offices still use BSNL Fiber, but in evening it's a joy to use. High speeds and lower ping than Jio etc for our location

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I really wonder who comes up with these Funny ideas. Like somebody actually thought that it will be a good idea to display ads on blocked sites.(Although it maybe is looking from profit POV).
Perhaps because it's BSNL so TRAI does not put much regulations upon them. So they can basically do what they want. Even private ISPs don't do that.

That is why always use HTTPS on BSNL.

Top Bottom