** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
*techenclave.com/community/attachments/leafletback-page-001-jpg.82854/
If Bharat Fibre is implemented in all telecom circles as it is advertised then we would not have the need for private players to loot us.

But for some reason ACT is offering unlimited DL/UL since last month to all its subscribers.

I think this is a good move on its part.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Then again, BSNL is shit for gamers & not as reliable as reputed player like ACT. For normal users those plans are surely good, esp for those who want cheap plans.

BTW how to check data usage in BSNL?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I have successfully changed my plan there from 5 GB CUL to 12 GB CUL.

The user interface is not at all intuitive and there are many levels to clear but it is doable.

Is your account created there yet?
Of course,Yes....
But if you please guide me a little...

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
When was this,also I don't think it is possible to change broadband plan to non-broadband plan online(which is the case here).
I did it on 23th last month. This month's bill was for 23 days per 5GB CUL plan and remaining days at 12 GB CUL plan.

The other point about changing from boadband to non-broadband needs to be verified.

kg11sgbg

Actually I want to change my Voice Plan under BSNL as,

Old Plan : VALUE ALL CUL

To

New Plan : LL-SULABH 99 CTD (as advised by friend @whitestar_999 )

But Friend @whitestar_999 , what @sling-shot commented is true.
It's a bit intimidating at first. After logging in successfully in CC portal of BSNL,we won't find anywhere or any link for modification of Plans.
It is only when you click onto the ACCOUNT NUMBER of your BSNL landline number, you are opened to a page that consists of all types of modifications,subscription fee modifications,etc,.etc........

I successfully am going on through the modification links,for change of my plan,but at the last page there was a pretty delay and ultimately showing a Gateway error on to that page,rendering un-modification of the plan.

Simply put,there are procedures online for modification but we are unable to do that.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

To

It's a bit intimidating at first. After logging in successfully in CC portal of BSNL,we won't find anywhere or any link for modification of Plans.
It is only when you click onto the ACCOUNT NUMBER of your BSNL landline number, you are opened to a page that consists of all types of modifications,subscription fee modifications,etc,.etc........

I successfully am going on through the modification links,for change of my plan,but at the last page there was a pretty delay and ultimately showing a Gateway error on to that page,rendering un-modification of the plan.

Simply put,there are procedures online for modification but we are unable to do that.
Even if you manage to submit the change in portal it is better to go to BSNL office in person. Once I made a plan change online and waited for a month with no result. When I called and asked local BSNL, I was told to come in person.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Even if you manage to submit the change in portal it is better to go to BSNL office in person. Once I made a plan change online and waited for a month with no result. When I called and asked local BSNL, I was told to come in person.

Change in broadband plans was always there online but I never saw anyone successfully completing their plan change from broadband to non-broadband/voice only plan without visiting bsnl office at least once even if they completed all formalities online for plan change. That is why in my opinion it is irrelevant whether online procedure was successful or not because when you are going to visit bsnl office anyway then better submit the plan change application at that time only.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
They have changed the self-care portal recently.

I got confirmation through SMS immediately about my request being accepted and being provisioned about 1 hour later.

This month's bill also states it clearly.

Only doubt is regarding voice plan.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Bharat Fibre is implemented in all telecom circles as it is advertised then we would not have the need for private players to loot us.

But for some reason ACT is offering unlimited DL/UL since last month to all its subscribers.

I think this is a good move on its part.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Did not get how private players are looting us but not BSNL ?

Did not get how private players are looting us but not BSNL ?
Comparing the 1045 plan to ACT BLR's 1049 plan, ACT provides 100Mbps for 450GB but post FUP speed is 1Mbps, which is terrible. But smaller private providers surely have more competitive plans but their service area is limited. In BLR, I couldn't get Nuron, BBNL or Metronet in my area. Hathway, ACT & airtel were my only options & had to choose ACT (airtel's response was slow but plans were better).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Comparing the 1045 plan to ACT BLR's 1049 plan, ACT provides 100Mbps for 450GB but post FUP speed is 1Mbps, which is terrible. But smaller private providers surely have more competitive plans but their service area is limited. In BLR, I couldn't get Nuron, BBNL or Metronet in my area. Hathway, ACT & airtel were my only options & had to choose ACT (airtel's response was slow but plans were better).

okay, got the point.

kg11sgbg

Change in broadband plans was always there online but I never saw anyone successfully completing their plan change from broadband to non-broadband/voice only plan without visiting bsnl office at least once even if they completed all formalities online for plan change. That is why in my opinion it is irrelevant whether online procedure was successful or not because when you are going to visit bsnl office anyway then better submit the plan change application at that time only.
Friend,you seem to be misinterpreting or misunderstanding my point.

***I WENT TO MY LOCAL BSNL OFFICE AT DUM DUM ,ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO AND CANCELLED MY BROADBAND PLAN BY SUBMITTING A FORM AS PER BSNL'S FORMAT,GIVEN BY THEIR OFFICE.
I WAS WITH THE "VALUE ALL CUL" VOICE ONLY PLAN SINCE THAT TIME.
ONLY VOICE,NO BROADBAND SINCE 2017.

Now as per your suggestions I wanted to change my existing voice Plan to LL-SULABH 99 CTD Voice only Plan. Hope you got my point.
That's all.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friend,you seem to be misinterpreting or misunderstanding my point.

***I WENT TO MY LOCAL BSNL OFFICE AT DUM DUM ,ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO AND CANCELLED MY BROADBAND PLAN BY SUBMITTING A FORM AS PER BSNL'S FORMAT,GIVEN BY THEIR OFFICE.
I WAS WITH THE "VALUE ALL CUL" VOICE ONLY PLAN SINCE THAT TIME.
ONLY VOICE,NO BROADBAND SINCE 2017.

Now as per your suggestions I wanted to change my existing voice Plan to LL-SULABH 99 CTD Voice only Plan. Hope you got my point.
That's all.
I understand, it is just my opinion that bsnl portal allows completely online plan change for broadband plans only but not for voice only plans or broadband to voice only plans. You can always try though because I may be wrong.

kg11sgbg

I understand, it is just my opinion that bsnl portal allows completely online plan change for broadband plans only but not for voice only plans or broadband to voice only plans. You can always try though because I may be wrong.
No hard feelings bro.and nothing personal about it,bro.
For your knowledge in Computers as a whole,particularly in Networking I always Honour You.

What's the link for that? I didn't see any option to change BB plans last time I checked it for my parent's connection.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the link for that? I didn't see any option to change BB plans last time I checked it for my parent's connection.

To

Top Bottom