drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
desertwind said:
Please have a look at the comments for following posts by drgrudge at his blog

*ashwinr.com/2006/01/16/confesssions-of-a-p2p-torrents-user/
*ashwinr.com/2006/01/10/top-6-prison-break-escape-movies/

And my blog

*riyazusman.blogspot.com/2006/01/dataone-free-uploads.html

It's a new discussion over there that only downloads are charged in DataOne. Uploads are free!!! Anytime. I've my own reasons to beleive that the other way (Posted on the blog).
BTW, can anybody talk to any BSNL officials and confirm this ? Probably anyone from Pune. They have told me that all metering and billing thnhs are done at pune.
I aksed the BSNL ppl here, they say they have no idea abt anything of this sort..the reply I expected.

If at all the Uploads are free, then it's great news for me, I can improve my ratio at some private tracker torrent sites :D

kato

Karthiksn
actually i have my own questions that is if the uploads are free then why are they displayed on their site also i have a feeling they do charge for uploads and its useless to ask the guys here as drgrudge has already asked them and the answer i thought they wud give was "wat is uploads" but i guess they gave a better answer that they dont know it.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
kato said:
actually i have my own questions that is if the uploads are free then why are they displayed on their site also i have a feeling they do charge for uploads
lol so why are the usage logs are shown for the happy hours?

kato

Karthiksn
Yeah i thought so someone might pop that question i only have one guess coz they dont know how to exclude it and excluding all uploads is easier than just excluding the downloads(and uploads too) of a specific timimgs

zinda

Right off the assembly line
Here goes my questions

1 .
Do I have to pay telephone bill for using DataOne connection (just like the old dial-up)??

Can I run a webserver of Dataone connection?? Is it against their TOC??

Are Huawei ADSL modems good??? Do they have BASIC routing facilities like port forwarding etc. or I will have to go for a Linksys or Netgear ADSL modem cum Router??

go4saket

For your first question, no you wont have to pay any telephone bill as you used to in dial up. Ofcoyrse you will see the BB charge in your telephone bill, but that will be according your download and not according to time...

Secondly, yes, you can run a webserver of dataone connection.

Finally, you dont have a choice as you generally wont find this modem in the market. Still, I am sure there shouldn't be any problem as you have one year warrenty if you are going for outright purchase.

zinda

Right off the assembly line
go4saket said:
For your first question, no you wont have to pay any telephone bill as you used to in dial up. Ofcoyrse you will see the BB charge in your telephone bill, but that will be according your download and not according to time...
1st Thanx a lot 4 ur reply and clarification, but I couldn't get what BB means above???

go4saket said:
Secondly, yes, you can run a webserver of dataone connection.
WOW!!!Thats's great!!! :D I am really getting very happy!!!

go4saket said:
Finally, you dont have a choice as you generally wont find this modem in the market. Still, I am sure there shouldn't be any problem as you have one year warrenty if you are going for outright purchase.
No, I meant that is it necessary to take the Huawei ADSL modem??? My vendor is hell inclined over its MT880 model and is even challenging the good, old and reliable LinkSys or NetGear ADSL modems(few of their models have very professional class routing abilities).

I brother is about to come from the trip of UK soon (in 2 weeks or so), so I can ask him to bring the better ADSL modems IFF its NOT COMPULSARY to buy BSNL ADSL modem

janitha

Wise Old Owl
It is not compulsory to buy modem from BSNL and you can buy your own. But you may not get their installation/service.

V.Prem Kumar

go4saket

First of all, BB meand BroadBand...

Secondly, you can ofcourse buy an ADSL modem from anyone. There is no legal binding that you have to buy it from BSNL, but you have to configure it yourself as the BSNL guys wont help you in that. I the price structure is about the same, I would recommend you to get it from the BSNL guys only. Rest on you...

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
I have applied for DataOne broadband.

I was told that they have 4 modems of the following prices:

1200/-
1500/-
1800/-
2000/-

Availability of all of the above modems was unsure. Also the personnel at the office were unaware of the differeces in features of the above modems.

I chose the modem of 1800/-. Please let me know the differeces in them. All that I know is that the first modem is of Dlink and the rest 3 are of Huawei company.

I want to know the differece in features and the superiority in performance of all of the above modems.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
They differs in the type and no. of connectivity ports.

Type I Modem - 1 Ethernet, 1 USB - Rs. 1200
Type II Modem - 1 Ethernet, 1 Wi-Fi - Rs. 1800
Type III Modem - 4 Ethernet - Rs. 1500
Type IV Modem - 4 Ethernet, 1 Wi-Fi - Rs. 2000

Hope Its clear.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hay... ealryer i have mentioned in this forum that in dataone if u have multiuser connection u can login Simultaneouslly from a same account but from 2/3/4 difrent Phone....

Now just for 2 day BSNL has stoped this...

now i would like to no one thing... what BSNL means by Multi user account?? is it mean that i can make many login from a same account?? or is it just a name to id bussiness customer??

if its the 1st one... then its a fault of them.... hmm??

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Multi user account means that, u can use the same connection on different machines. In simple terms, Internet Connection sharing over a LAN.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hi all,
By the permision of my friend i can now use his dataone account, as he will not be using it.when i tried to use his UN/PW, i did not get connected. the link led blinks in orange. is it now not possible to use others account ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
desertwind said:
Multi user account means that, u can use the same connection on different machines. In simple terms, Internet Connection sharing over a LAN.

huh!! whats the big deal?? u can use ur single use connection in that manner... i want to know technicaly whats the diffrence?? theoritical u r right... but then its a only a term to Identify bussness customers??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
charangk said:
hi all,
By the permision of my friend i can now use his dataone account, as he will not be using it.when i tried to use his UN/PW, i did not get connected. the link led blinks in orange. is it now not possible to use others account ?

yup it is... i am useing... but earlyer BSNL allowed multiple Simultaneous login of same account... but right now only one person can log in with an accnout at a time... but as running multiuser account... i am confused... why they have stoped it with MU account... :shock: :shock:

whatch this...

*img79.imageshack.us/img79/3266/016jt.th.jpg

*img5.imageshack.us/img5/7760/021jd.th.jpg

see here multiple login with this MU account at same thime... but from 2 days now... it been stoped by BSNL.... i can understand that if they only have stoped this with SU accnout... but why MU account??

praka123

left this forum longback
Hello today i saw an announcement in dataone.in as follows:
Dataone Service is likely to be partially affected on 22nd January 2006 between 03:00 Hrs to 05:00 Hrs due to scheduled maintenance activity. Inconvenience is sincerely regretted
Hell! now wahtta

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey, i just wanted to know how many of users here use LAN connection to connect to dataone.
And how many use dialer to connect?
I just want to know whats the difference in the speeds or connectivity

go4saket

What do you mean by dialer? I guess in both LAN and USB, you need a interface that can help you to connect, but thats not like the dial up connector. Anyways, I am using it through LAN...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
What do you mean by dialer? I guess in both LAN and USB, you need a interface that can help you to connect, but thats not like the dial up connector. Anyways, I am using it through LAN...

Yes.

V.Prem Kumar

Top Bottom