** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

shoegoe

Broken In
harsh bajpai said:
Zone alarm has some prob with dataone type connections. with me and a friend a blue screen appeared every time we connected, which said that windows was shut down to prevent damage... etc.

Hmm....Tats not Mostly between ur zonealarm and dataone... Do u use kaspersky Antivirus??

H

harsh bajpai

yes i've been using kaspersky antivirus from quite a while now.

shoegoe

Broken In
harsh bajpai said:
yes i've been using kaspersky antivirus from quite a while now.

Hmm... you specified that a blue screen appears when u connect the internet .. right?

Probable Case :

If u have installed Kaspersky*, when u connect to the net(dial it) by a dialer, the system gets shutdown. I heard that this was due to kaspersky's network scan. If u install Kaspersky* with a serial, the system gets shutdown with the warnin messege. Try uninstalling kaspersky FULLY, restart sys,Reinstalling zonealarm and connecting to dataone dialer. Most probably, u'll get connected. If not disable network scan/alike options in kaspersky and restart and connect..

Most probably,, this may not work out.. Hopefully check if it helps u
:)

*cracked

mohit

The Hardware Labs
ok guys temme something .. i am having a home 256 kbps plan and a frnd is having a home 512 kbps plan. so both of us are having the night unlimited feature. now as its possible to use one account by different users (one of my frnd was able to access my dataone a/c from his home) i want to know if i use my frnds 512kbps connection only between 2am-8am to get better speeds , will he get billed for it or it will be free ??

mohit

The Hardware Labs
and adding to the above i would also like to know if there is any effect on the speed of the connection if more than 1 person uses it ?? does it get shared or remains full for each user ??

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
If you use it only during happy hours, he wont be charged.

And regarding your second query, i'm quite unsure, but most probably both of you will get full speeds.

pop143

Journeyman
hi guys

hi guys..anybody know..how to give the internet connection to another exra pc...from an aleady broan band installed on1...???

just give me some idea..!!

thank u

-pop

go4saket

My problem with Zone Alarm is sorted out. The problem was actually a software called Folder Security. With this software installed, ZA didn't work and my comp used to get held up every time. Since the time I have uninstalled this software, every things fine...

go4saket

Hey, I am facing another problem with ZA. I am using the external modem supplied by the BSNL guys. Now, if I disconnect my BB connection and after some time want to get reconnected, I am unable to. It is only after a computer restart that I am able to get connected. Even if I some time get connected without a restart, there is no data flow. This has started happening only after installing ZA.

Now, what can this be and how can I come out of this? Please guide...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
go4saket said:
Hey, I am facing another problem with ZA. I am using the external modem supplied by the BSNL guys. Now, if I disconnect my BB connection and after some time want to get reconnected, I am unable to. It is only after a computer restart that I am able to get connected. Even if I some time get connected without a restart, there is no data flow. This has started happening only after installing ZA.

From my experience, it takes one or two minutes for the modem/router to be functional after it is switched on, ie. after the 'link' led has finished its blinking. And even even after the connect button is pressed it takes some time for the "Connected to Dataone" message to appear. Could the same be the reason why you feel that you are not getting connected?

And what about the experience of others?

V.Prem Kumar

I am using the external modem supplied by the BSNL guys. Now, if I disconnect my BB connection and after some time want to get reconnected, I am unable to. It is only after a computer restart that I am able to get connected. Even if I some time get connected without a restart, there is no data flow.
It was a problem happened to me too. no need to restart. just off the modem switch and turn it on again and wait until the yellow light turns on

mohit

The Hardware Labs
go4saket said:

hey i had the same prob wid ZA and dataone. do lemme know if it gets solved by switching off the modem and turning it on again as suggested by others.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
another query guys.

what is the max upload speed of dataone 512kbps and 256kbps plans ??

go4saket

I have tried the switching off and back on. The problem is that if I dont switch of and back on, it just wont connect at all. It is only after switching it off and back on that it gets connects, but there is just no data flow...

Tried it many a times and every time it's the same problem...

shoegoe

Broken In

Hi!
i'm facing a problem lately(2-3days). I cant login to my account in Dataone Account Administration @www.dataone.in. Whenver i click that,it goes to *bsnl.co.in/. So,i tried with *10.240.0.195 and also *10.240.89.199. But both the pages said that page cannot be displayed. I am also unable to use Shaplus dataone bandwith finder as it connectes through this url(probably). Am i the only one facing this problem?

Please help me out.

P.S I AM CONNECTING TO THE NET USING THE SAME ACCOUNT, so it should accept connections na?.

praka123

left this forum longback
So am cut down from internet dataone for 1 1/2 weeks :(
anyways devleoped tolerance for without internet!

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Please have a look at the comments for following posts by drgrudge at his blog

*ashwinr.com/2006/01/16/confesssions-of-a-p2p-torrents-user/
*ashwinr.com/2006/01/10/top-6-prison-break-escape-movies/

And my blog

*riyazusman.blogspot.com/2006/01/dataone-free-uploads.html

It's a new discussion over there that only downloads are charged in DataOne. Uploads are free!!! Anytime. I've my own reasons to beleive that the other way (Posted on the blog).
BTW, can anybody talk to any BSNL officials and confirm this ? Probably anyone from Pune. They have told me that all metering and billing thnhs are done at pune.

Top Bottom