** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

krdevilal

Broken In
I am not able to access acount status page of dataone.If anyone know the URL please reply.The existing link is dead.

kato

Karthiksn
u should be able to see the records if u try this llink and it will only work in IE:
*10.240.89.199/

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
OK I am going to apply for it but i would like to know that can i get the modem in the mareket and if yes then of which brands and their price

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
It is better to buy the modem from bsnl. They sell it for a much cheaper rate.

A comparison of modem can be found here

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
hi i'm willing to apply for bsnl data1 connection. but i dunno wat do they do in installation fro which they take 250 rupees. pls tell. can i also install it easily. also, i dunno whether my mobo has an ethernet and usb port or not. but my mobo has 3 pci slots. pls inform ASAP. it is urgent. pls help.

kato

Karthiksn
ok hold on how the hell dont u know there is a USB port or not on ur mobo. Its the port in which u fix ur webcam also if u have a pci slot u can install an ethernet card which wont cost more than 400 bucks. And installing is not done by u they do it so if its difficullt its there problem. THey install the modem and give an ADSL splitter and for that is installation charge

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
how can i know whether i hav a usb or not??

do i have to buy an ethernet card from market or will bsnl gonna provide it if they do the installation

kato

Karthiksn
ethernet card can be bought from market they wont give it to u and how the hell can i explain wat is a USB port if u r joking then its a bad joke or else look in the back of the CPU if u find a port which is very(very very) small and rectangle then its a USB port

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Even my 6 year old PC has 2 USB ports, So I am dead sure that, even you will have a one, else, check in your device manager, simple.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
yeh my mobo hav usb port. thanks to prasad_den who showed me da diagram.

but the modem which bsnl provides will b inserted in this slot only??? cos i'm a sancharenet user and the modem which i have is inserted in a pci slot.

also, will bsnl provide an ethernet card for installing the ethernet modem.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
They will be providing u an external modem not a internal one. And if u want to connect it through ethernet then u have to buy the card yourself BSNL will not provide it

kato

Karthiksn
beta the type I modem has two ways of connection one is by USB other by ethernet card. And ethernet card is not the modem for broadband it is one of the hardware needed(choice of USB too) to connect the modem they give.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Then how many you want ???.

They will provide you with one modem, which you'll need to connect to the ethernet/usb port of your computer. they gave me a connection diagram, i'll search for it and post it later. simply the connection will look like

Telephone line ----> Splitter------>ADSL Modem---->Ethernet/USB ---->Computer

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
desertwind said:
Then how many you want ???.

They will provide you with one modem, which you'll need to connect to the ethernet/usb port of your computer. they gave me a connection diagram, i'll search for it and post it later. simply the connection will look like

Telephone line ----> Splitter------>ADSL Modem---->Ethernet/USB ---->Computer

actually in type one modem there, usb and ethernet had a tick mark which i thought stated that they will provide two modems.

btw wats a splitter, is it wall jack?? wats its use??

will they provide a splitter with the modem or do i hav to buy it (in both cases, i.e., i ask for them to install or do it myself)

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
splitter is use to split a single telephone line into two that you can use it to your computer and telephone simultaneously. It is provided by bsnl.

comrade

foreign return(0)
btw what happened to damn dataone.in site.
im not able to login to check my mail or check account usage.

Top Bottom