** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, the dataone guys here are nuts. They don't know themselves what's happening. I got a bill of 5300 out of which 1800 was for some deposit & 1600 was shown as brdbnd,even though we had applied for a 250 home plan. When asked, we came to know that we had been registered for the 1800 plan :shock: Now, i've switched over to 500 plan which provides me free happy hours. Also,
in shaplus, what is this option 'exclude usgae in mixed overlappings? Enabling this greatly decreases the usage. Does it show real chargeable usage?

kato

Karthiksn
actually the option u are refering to means if u started ur download bfore the happy hours and continued to the happy hours then it will excklude the non happy jours. I know its confusing but u will understand it slowly.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey, Anybody tried downloading yesterday during happy hrs? Mine was just 30KBps max with single DAP download. Tried from other sites & other downloads, also but same result. Even the sites weren't opening as quick as they should've.
Savvy!

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
Attention Please!

I was testing one thing. I connected 2 my dataone account and sat idle for 5 minutes or so having turned of everythin (messengers, browsers and also my avast antivirus waaznt updatin i am sure). now i disconnected and connnected afterwards to check the usage in bsnl site. i found out that 122 kb has been spent during that session :shock: how can that be?

someone plz check this (check in similar manner) and reply

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
THis is serious now, it has been 3 days since this 25-30kbps speeds been going on. Someone please help. Coincedently, it has started since 1 Nov.!!

kato

Karthiksn
yrana u r using 500 home plan then how the hell can u get more speed earlier u were using 1800 plan that is why u got great speeds. The speed u get in 500 home plan is normal

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
Please tell me where to check the usage of BSNL DataOne and which plan is currently I have.
10.240.89.199 is only giving user info and not usage datails. dataone.in is also redirect me to bsnl.co.in whenever I click "Check Your Account Usage". Guys plz help!

kato

Karthiksn
r u sure u r using IE and not any other browsers that way u can check the usage i dont know how to check which plan u have

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks kato, that solves the problem for me. You're really as quick as Nightcrawler. Well, but doesn't dataone provide same speeds in all areas like 256kb/s?
So will my speeds be limited to just this? :cry:
Well, what about dsl tweaks which claim to fasten up speeds by 300%?

kato

Karthiksn
i will tell u one thing 256 kbps means 256 kilo bits per second its not bytes so when u convert it to bytes u get it around 225 or 30 KBps meaning kilo bytes per second so the speed they show is in kilobits not kilo bytes.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@yarana , by no means u will get download speed more than 30-35 KBps on a 256Kbps connection . and a increase of speed by 300% by some tweaks is rubbish.

Retro

Journeyman
There is absolutely no proper XP Tweak which will increase your speed by even 20% except one where you can change the amount of bandwidth alloted to Windows itself.

Guys, I need serious serious help. I'm not using any firewall or anything at all. I tried entering the BSNL IP Address using IE and refreshed my way to the login page, entered the panel by entering the ID and password. Now, the page has a menu on the left with 5 links like "Service Records", "Change Password", etc with a search box below. The right side has a blue background with a design. When I click "Service Records" or any other link, nothing happens to the left side (think it's a frame), the right side loads and becomes all white, that's all, no matter how much times I click. Does anyone else face this problem? Anyone know the solution? I'm going mad.

What's the problem with BSNL? Grrr....

I'm using no extra software or anything. Does Portal work in any other browser like Avant or Maxthon or etc, etc.

Thanks
~ Retro

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@retro , nothing more stupid these bsnl guys can do(i can only hope this is the limit ,u can never know if they can beat this too) , if ppl like us are facing problems regarding dataone , think of the other users who dont know bit abt computers but are using dataone. those ppl are busy in clicking account admin link on the dataone.in site from last few days and r getting redirected to the bsnl.co.in page . pity they even dont know how much their usage has gone over/under limit.

I am using this url to know the usage status of my account

*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp
or

both links give problem when i use in maxthon (probably coz i have many types of blockers enabled there) . so i use this url in IE works perfectly . Do not forget to allow all the session cookies b4 u chk the usage .

the other thing u can do is to use the shaplus software and paste this link in the 'administrative login url' text box . It works for me.

download the shaplus bandwith usage calc frome here in case u dont have it.
*www.shaplus.com/exes/misc/DataOne-Bandwidth 1.3.1.zip

- तारे

raj14

In Deniel
Strange, i got DataOne in July, yet it shows record from September, anyway
my November Month usage is currently 7GB :mrgreen: and counting! :twisted:

balakumar

Right off the assembly line
Need any software for metering the net..

Hi,
i am using BSNL's Dataone broadband connection. i want to keep in touch with the usage. in dataone site the usage is given in KB's n i am finding it difficult to check it. so guys if u know any software plz get the link n so i can download it. plz........

kato

Karthiksn
this is the software u need:
*www.shaplus.com/exes/misc/DataOne-Bandwidth 1.3.1.zip
and next time post ur queies in dataone sticky in general section:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30895

post is reported as there is already a sticky for it

kato

Karthiksn
As the thread is merged i u shud use the password version of the software with no probs as shaplus had cleared all the doubts here on the forum itself.
But still if u want to use it then follow the instructions properly given in it i have never used it so i dunno how it works and cant try it as i dont have IE.

raj14

In Deniel
Don't have IE! :shock: did you uninstalled it or do you use Another OS than Windows? :roll: BTW, you can always make Opera "Identify as IE" to avoid the "Sorry IE is needed" error :)

kato

Karthiksn
no i uninstalled it never felt the need of it just useless
and i dont use Opera i use FF

Top Bottom