** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Retro

Journeyman
Yaar, We just can't let users search through 8 Long Boring Pages for their answers. Wouldn't hurt us if we posted it again.

Anyway, if Shaplus is not working for any of you, use Du-Meter. Absolutely great tool. Shows Speed, Usage, Projections and much more.

*du-meter.com

Retro

Journeyman
That was absolutely lame there DreadLord. BSNL Broadband is the country's most used broadband which does serve for people of all Budget-Classes. If you have any problems with it, you should tell it in this topic instead of just flaming.

selva1966

Journeyman
Retro said:
Anyway, if Shaplus is not working for any of you, use Du-Meter.

Now shaplus new version 2.1 (from 13.11.05) is working for me. But version 2.0 did't work for me. Although all earlier versions worked well.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i have applied for dataone and brought the modem on my own

they say i need to install it on my own and set it and inform them ,then they will give me id and password
so how do all this need help ????

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Install the drivers and reboot and then type *192.168.1.1 in IE
(favourably IE, but works in others too)(not sure but most modems have this IP only)

now configure the WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Connection settings in the modem's page and for unknown settings ask the installer fellow...

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, that IP mentioned here asks for the admin password. how do i get in?
Also, i've recognized that dataone's got its own internal router, by the ipconfig command but how do i find out:
1. The model
2. The manufacturer
3. The Connection type, etc.?
@drgruge
Thanks, i used to sleep after finising off my work at 2:30 to realize that it was upto 10:30 when i got up. I had nigtmares about the bills they would charge as kato had mentioned that extra usage will result in it being charged for sure.!! :x

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
3. the connection type is PPPoE and ADSL is in MultiMode

the password can either be "admin" or the company's name or even the product's name, nothing else, fot me it was admin, i changed it...

prasad_den

Padawan
Hi guys,
I'm using the home 500 plan. I have ZoneAlarm Pro on my system. Everytime I try to look for the service records in the BSNL website, it says Page load Error. When I shutdown ZAPro, the page opens..So what should I change in ZA to allow me see the BSNL website without errors..??

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
yrana2002 said:
@drgruge
Thanks, i used to sleep after finising off my work at 2:30 to realize that it was upto 10:30 when i got up. I had nigtmares about the bills they would charge as kato had mentioned that extra usage will result in it being charged for sure.!! :x
When/where did kato post like that? kato needs some spankings (as I can't do, I will settle for a warning tag :p )
Other than me, many others like infra_red_dude, papudada also have confirmed what I said. Also for the past 3 months I have disconnected well after 8am and they might have charged only for the transfers done after 8am.

By the way, I first clicked on the edit post instead of quote post button :roll:

kato

Karthiksn
hey grudge dont put me on warning i never said they charge for overlapped charges are counted fully anyways i didnt understand wat he said now and wat u quoted it went bouncer

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
So, its like when i enable ' REMOVE mixed usage' & 'free usage' options, the left out display is what is counted isn't it? Please tell me that is true, or else i'm gona go for a hammering. :oops:

Also guys, help me out, i went to the router site & enabled Upnp(did i do a wise thing?) & started Bitcomet. Heres' my log:
Windows XP UPnP Status: Found SmartAX MT882 [Huawei] [*www.huawei.com/]

Windows XP UPnP Status: Found Service: urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANDSLLinkConfig:1
Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding Port Mapping!
Windows XP UPnP Status: Found Service: WANPPPConnection
UDP tracker report: WAN IP = 59.95.192.162
Windows XP UPnP Status: WAN IP: 59.95.192.162
Windows XP UPnP Status: Port Mapping Added!
Windows XP UPnP Status: Found Service: WANIPConnection
Windows XP UPnP Status: WAN IP:
Windows XP UPnP Status: Port Mapping Added!
Connected to UDP helper tracker on 2005-11-24 02:44
Windows XP UPnP Status: Found SmartAX MT882 [Huawei] [*www.huawei.com/]
Windows XP UPnP Status: Found Service: urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANDSLLinkConfig:1
Windows XP UPnP Status: Error occur when Adding Port Mapping!

Why is this error? Any more configurations probably?

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
well folks i heard dataone is an alwayson connection but now i see we need to use a userid and password for

any comments on this ???

Top Bottom