** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@coolpcguy,thanks for the suggestions.
But my Telephone line is clear and O.K. as checked by BSNL technicians as well as,checked from our local Telephone Exchange.I met the Kind ,Helpful,Generous BSNL official who oversees the BSNL Broadband section,and he helped me a lot.This gentleman is quite knowledgeable about Network concepts,switching ,line topography,different network protocols.

Last edited by a moderator:

Csharp

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I have an old router + modem from my previous airtel connection.
I want to configure it on my recent bsnl broadband connection.
the model is Beetel 440TXI (ADSL2+Router) .
Can anyone please help me out with this or provide me link to config this model?
its a bit urgent.
thanx.

vishnunaik9595

I am from goa. I got some problem regarding BSNL broadband.

Is it true that if a user wants to take the broadband connection the distance between his connection and BSNL exchange should be within 3 KMS. As my house is situated at 5 KMS away from BSNL exchange. If this is true then please suggest me any other way to get the BSNL broadband connection.

Our village got full range of Idea, vodafone & Airtel. At present i am using Vodafone netsetter (2G). However i don't want to take 3G connection (costly).

digit.sh

Journeyman
@vishnunaik9595
Local BSNL exchange will be able to help you better. I do not think 5km distance will cause any problem. I know, cause my home is 8km away from nearest exchange and 2 of my neighbours have bsnl broadband, I also applied, will be getting within 7days. But, as I told, ask your local excahnge OR see this link

^Simply write a SMS, send "BB"(without quotes) and send to 9400054141. They will contact you.

Hope this helps. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: The Offtopic discussion thread...

Raise a service request from your Selfcare portal. BTW, from which plan to which plan.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I just changed today from Home 650 combo to Home 750UL combo :)

Hope we get the increased speed soon....

but BSNL office dont have any knowledge about up-gradation of speed

I gave a handwritten application of customer service...they will change within 24hrs

prassie

I have BSNL BB Unlimited combo 900

upto 15 Gb its shows 4 MBps and beyond that it should be 512 KBps

But After 15 Gb its Only 256 Kbps .. I asked the customer care they said it works fine ..

can anyone help me with this .

kg11sgbg

Friends,having a peculiar but intermittent problem of DataOne BSNL BB connection.
I am under ULD 900 plan,which was running O.K. till 29th February 2012.
From March 1st onwards,the BB line seems to trip,means the connection goes away but later comes back to life after a couple or so 3 min.(approx.) later.
Facing immense problems while downloading,surfing,etc.
My modem is an ADSL2+ modem from D-Link,which is:DSL-2520U
I contacted the Local Exchange,and the officials pointed out my Telephone line is CLEAR and O.K.

But the problem is occuring till today.The BB connection snaps off ,only the Power and LAN led glows,later on the DSL and Internet led blinks and becomes steady,rendering connection again.
Even the BSNL BB Speed seems to have dropped,further by the bandwidth seemingly dropping its speed.

My speed test result:
*www.speedtest.net/result/1832512619.png

Please,Help me out Friends.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You might have crossed the limit of the connection hence the speed drop.
Try changing the telephone wire that connects modem with splitter. Swap it with the one of your phone :wink:

kg11sgbg

^^Of course,I've crossed the FUP limit of 8GB,but still should get 512kbps till Month end.
Speed comes to 26KBps or 58-75 KBps,the most nasty thing is that the bandwidth seems to be FLUCTUATING:cry:,not so steady as it was on Jan2012 and Feb2012...

GOD Knows???!!!:confused:

kg11sgbg

You might have crossed the limit of the connection hence the speed drop.
Try changing the telephone wire that connects modem with splitter. Swap it with the one of your phone :wink:

@thetechfreak,Thank you "Genious" Friend.
I did according to your instructions,and lo! everything seems to be normal as again...

My speed Test results:
*www.speedtest.net/result/1835813171.png

At least the time for "ping" has been reduced,compared to two comments earlier,please have a note in that,Friends, and thetechfreak.
Now the peculiar/intermittent problem of fluctuation of my BB bandwidth seems to have gone,for the time being.

Top Bottom