** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

mitraark

Decrepit
same problem here , even while downloading large files via fileserve it getting disconnected after 380 or 400 mb ( tried 6-8 times ) same issue .

Well fileserve doesn't allow downloading from multiple IPs or resumable download , if your Friend somehow got disconnected for even just a moment , the link expires .

mitraark

Decrepit
I applied for a plan change on 21.05 2011. , from BSNL 500C [ 2mbps : 1.5 GB , Night Unlimited ] to 625C UL [ 256kbps unlimited ], will it get changed from tonight ?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
the link goes off many times....

and sometimes even when its there, i cannot surf any website...
hey it happened just now again....
and i changed for the 625 unlimited plan five months ago...
the plan had started started as sid to us.
but they have not changed my modem..
its still the old one...
its: smart ax mt882

Last edited:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
the link goes off many times....

and sometimes even when its there, i cannot surf any website...
hey it happened just now again....
and i changed for the 625 unlimited plan five months ago...
the plan had started had

Did you read details about SNR and line attenuation.

Clearly your line is faulty. Ask BSNL to fix your line, if your wire has many joints, get single wire.

I applied for a plan change on 21.05 2011. , from BSNL 500C [ 2mbps : 1.5 GB , Night Unlimited ] to 625C UL [ 256kbps unlimited ], will it get changed from tonight ?

Now they do it instantly, you should log into your selfcare portal and under profile see which plan is running.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
did you read details about snr and line attenuation.

Clearly your line is faulty. Ask bsnl to fix your line, if your wire has many joints, get single wire.

Now they do it instantly, you should log into your selfcare portal and under profile see which plan is running.

they fixed that some days ago but the problem had started one or two days after that too, so what shud i do now???
They got a new splitter and new splitter-to-modem cable

but the problem is not going....
Please advice...
Thanks in advance

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thank god BSNL is refunding my money in my case...they charged nearly 2000 extra ....and when I asked them to show the calculation even the accounts person was unable to ccalculate it...

This month they did not charged my Rs.700 telephone bill...I hope to get at least 1800 refund

ankit2931991

Right off the assembly line
bsnl broadband plan change

hello i am Ankit frm Ranchi..recently i gave an application to the Bsnl customer care centre to change my plan from 250 to 750 UL on 1st June..i checked the dataone.in account admininstration..in service order records it shows my plan to be 750 UL changed from today i.e. 3/06/11 11:30 a.m..bt current plan is still 250..now if the plan is still 250..it wud totally screw up my bill as i have downloaded lot of stuff already..plz help me in finding what my plan is.??

sujoyp

Grand Master
Re: bsnl broadband plan change

It already happened to me...please mention correctly when did u gave the application...

What happened to me was I gave the application on 24th march to change plan from 1st april but they changed the plan from 24th march itself..I got screwed up:-x

BTW u can easily tell wether u were getting superfast 2mbps download speed or slower 512kbps speed:p..

sygeek

Technomancer
Re: bsnl broadband plan change

hello i am Ankit frm Ranchi..recently i gave an application to the Bsnl customer care centre to change my plan from 250 to 750 UL on 1st June..i checked the dataone.in account admininstration..in service order records it shows my plan to be 750 UL changed from today i.e. 3/06/11 11:30 a.m..bt current plan is still 250..now if the plan is still 250..it wud totally screw up my bill as i have downloaded lot of stuff already..plz help me in finding what my plan is.??
The guys are BSNL are usually sloppy and lazy and probably it will take more than a month unless and until you ask a senior officer personally. I'm sharing this information from my disastrous experiences with BSNL. And please don't bother calling customer care, they are worthless/lazy-arse fellows who never fulfill any complain..

Complain a senior officer personally and if the plan hasn't changed ask for a refund of the extra usage money.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys as mentioned before I was on 625 UL plan earlier with BSNL. Since I moved to another place where BSNL BB was not available I had to discontinue the service.
Now I'm back to the old location. Thinking should I reactivate ther service.
Rs 625 for 256 Kbps looks a little more considering we have other ISP providing almost double the speed for the same price. I had Airtel for Rs 599 512 Kbps.

Please advise,If we have any good plans above 512 Kbps.

R2K

In the Zone
Guys as mentioned before I was on 625 UL plan earlier with BSNL. Since I moved to another place where BSNL BB was not available I had to discontinue the service.
Rs 625 for 256 Kbps looks a little more considering we have other ISP providing almost double the speed for the same price. I had Airtel for Rs 599 512 Kbps.

In that case why do you wanna go with BSNL....?..i suggest you go with airtel but make sure they don't have FUP implemented on the 512 plan.
I am stuck with BSNL just because there is no other ISP in our area that provide internet through cable...I mean either you go with BSNL or those 3G internet from aircel and tata

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent

is that one unlimited????
hope it is...
but hey..
my problem still continues...
please tell me what to do now..
i have told a senior officer many times but no action taken... after they changed the splitter and cable...

i have also told them to give refund for the lost days...

The guys are BSNL are usually sloppy and lazy and probably it will take more than a month unless and until you ask a senior officer personally. I'm sharing this information from my disastrous experiences with BSNL. And please don't bother calling customer care, they are worthless/lazy-arse fellows who never fulfill any complain..

Complain a senior officer personally and if the plan hasn't changed ask for a refund of the extra usage money.

this is true...
all the time they end up sayin : "phir dekhte hain" (we'll see then)

fckin true line.... sygeek

ajayritik

Technomancer
In that case why do you wanna go with BSNL....?..i suggest you go with airtel
I am stuck with BSNL just because there is no other ISP in our area that provide internet through cable...I mean either you go with BSNL or those 3G internet from aircel and tata

Just like in your case we don't have any other ISP apart from BSNL who provides internet using cable.

is that one unlimited????
hope it is...

That was unlimited. I discontinued the plan.

R2K

In the Zone
Just like in your case we don't have any other ISP apart from BSNL who provides internet using cable.

If you are gonna use BSNL broadband then UL750 512kbps would be a better option than your UL625 256kbps plan because you get double the speed with just an additional Rs 125 if u have your own modem available:smile:

Also UL750 is better if you are looking to download heavy files on regular basis

ajayritik

Technomancer
hmm. Actually I have opted for a limited plan currently. Hoping to get more providers in my area in couple of months. If it doesnt happen then I will move to UL750.

It's such a pitiable position. I used to pay Rs 599 for 512 Kbps when I was on airtel just a month ago. And now if I want the same plan with BSNL I have to shell out Rs 150 more and also considering that BSNL is Government run org I thought will get it for lesser price than other providers.

Its such a pain in the neck getting these folks to hook up a new connection or transfer to new location. Otherwise service is good.

Top Bottom