** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

R2K

In the Zone
Oh don't get me started on the BSNL service quality.:D
Before 2 days i complained to them abt the noise level in the telephone line that is causing the broadband to disconnect frequently. And guess what, they sent a freaking dumb a$$ lineman who came to my house and screwed it to such an extend that i couldn't even connect to internet anymore. Instead of fixing the noise level on the line , he made it even worse. i had to spend the whole yesterday evening on fixing the problem myself
Its actually annoying that even after making the customer pay such an huge price for broadband connectivity, they don't even care to employ technicians who really know what they are doing

EDIT

Today BSNL replaced the telephone cables running through my house and now the Internet connectivity is super smooth:D...i think they are not that bad after all:D:D

Last edited:

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
cn any 1 tell me about error 651???

is it modem problem or service provider issue ??

Error 651 is basically a moderm error from ISP side , moderm is not able to communicate ( check 192.168.1.1, basic view) it will show you not connected , even you are able to access the moderm settings, if you are still facing a problem try this

Reboot your moderm , Unplug all the connectors are replug them , if still the problem persists , launch a Complaint or call BSNL to refresh your card .

Personally i face this problem on a regular basis .

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I have moved from 625 UL to Rs249 Plan which is limited plan with 1 GB limit.
Is there any way I can monitor my internet usage both using BSNL site as well as some software.

R2K

In the Zone
i am using this atm
Bandwidth monitor, bandwidth speed test, bandwidth and traffic monitoring tool for Windows

My BSNL Internet connection does not give me download speed of more than 23 kbps. My plan name is BBG Speed Combo 625 UL - and the bandwidth is 256kbps. Lodged a complain with BSNL. Any advice would be really helpful.

mitraark

Decrepit
My BSNL Internet connection does not give me download speed of more than 23 kbps. My plan name is BBG Speed Combo 625 UL - and the bandwidth is 256kbps. Lodged a complain with BSNL. Any advice would be really helpful.

It should give around 30 .. what exactly were you downloading, torrent ? Direct DOwnload ? Try to download virus update exe or something see at what speed its is DLing.. usually maxs out.

How to check for Plan CHange

* Go to data.bsnl.in [ Login ]

* Postpaid Orders

* Type in Telephone Number like
33#287878222

You will get your details.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I remember there is some BSNL site that lets us monitor the internet usage. Maybe its selfcare.bsnl. Not sure. Since I was always in Unlimited plans didn't seem to bother.

Anybody here knows that site?

mitraark

Decrepit
I remember there is some BSNL site that lets us monitor the internet usage. Maybe its selfcare.bsnl. Not sure. Since I was always in Unlimited plans didn't seem to bother.

data.bsnl.in ?//

Anyways , i use this SHaplus Broadband USage tool [How to check BSNL Broadband usage ] , much easier :)

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++

its selfcare.ndc.bsnl.co.in you need your customer id to register . You can try netlimiter 3 monitor (netlimiter.com) to check your per hour, daily, monthly or annual basis if you don't format your system. Its free try it.

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
Re: The Offtopic discussion thread...

BSNL added an additional Rs 1200 with my fixed charge of Rs 850 (750+100) for my UL 750
conn. They have mentioned it as a annual package charge upto may 2012 of something like that...DOes anyone have any idea what it is?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

BSNL added an additional Rs 1200 with my fixed charge of Rs 850 (750+100) for my UL 750
conn. They have mentioned it as a annual package charge upto may 2012 of something like that...DOes anyone have any idea what it is?

you will hav goto bsnl office and find out.. cc will be of no help.. tell us what they say

R2K

In the Zone

you will hav goto bsnl office and find out.. cc will be of no help.. tell us what they say

Went to the BSNL office today and they told the additional 1200 was the rental for telephone for upto may 2012. Apparently my dad signed up for some telephone rental plan that saves the telephone rental /per month or something like that before an year ago that i had no idea about:D. So now they are asking to renew it by paying another 1200 for a year.
GOD...i thought BSNL screwed me with an unlimited internet conn. also.

When i saw the bill ...i was like ...you gotta be fu*king kidding me.:D..(BTW amount of downloads were going out of the roof as it is an unlimited conn.).

But it was not even close to rhitwick's .:D anyway

mitraark

Decrepit
Someone i know , has the 625UL Combo Plan [ Confirmed , checked Portal ] , they get 2 mbps instead of 256 kbps .. anyone heard of such [ very fortunate :D ] mishappenings ?

Top Bottom