** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:
See this. I will ask my AM but he will be available on Monday only, then we will waste 1.5 days :(

ya i had a look at that.

Surely that will be a waste of 1.5 days, but if it's a hoax, i'll wasting 15k from my dads pocket. I got an extra bill of about Rs. 3000 for october, and dont want to happen that again.

Max_Power

Broken In
Is VoIP Illegal?

I have a DataOne Connection.

I have just installed Skype (www.skype.com) on my desktop. It is a free VoIP software which allows u to talk to anybody in the world for free provided they have a computer connected to internet with Skype software installed on it. Works just like a phone but on a PC.

Today I showed my dad how Skype works and showed him how you could talk to somebody abroad through an internet connection.

What he says is - IT IS ILLEGAL.

Because U are calling someone abroad without paying.
And as it goes thru a phone line, it will be considered as a phone call.
He says there is a rule about that in The Indian Post and Telegraph Act.

Is this true?

If this is true would'nt all the voice chats in our cyber cafes be illegal too?

I tried to tell him that we are paying for the broadband connection, but he is not convinced.

Well? Is it illegal?
Plz Help me out here people.

ThnX in ADV.

kato

Karthiksn
ha ha ha haha joke first of all it ahs been posted in wrong place second its not illegal dude u r calling the supposed guy over internet and not through normal telephone line if u had a cable internet still u cud have used the service i mean skype so its not at all illegal

arupch

Tech Addict
hi,
i'm a newcomer to this forum.

I've recently subscibed to Dataone home 500 plan. didnot got the bill yet.

i want to know how do i know what is plan? what if the idiotic bsnl guys put me into the home 250 plan? (i'm using the 2-8 free download period heavily and alrady downloaded about 700 MB in 3 days).

can anybody thow some light?

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I am not able to get those 1600-424-1600 numbers. For me 4 days is enough to do 9 gb. Thats all I need to d/l a stuff which I wanted to do. My PC wont sleep till wednesday 12 midnight :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I dont know if this has been told before, but any way here it goes.

I have a dataone connection at home, os - xp pro, with zonealarm as my firewall.I had a strange problem with checking my data usage using browser. the sites i visit is dataone.in, nad when i clicked the check usage link it used to redirect me to bsnl.co.in. Ok now i tried the addresses
*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp
*10.240.128.195/webLogin.jsp

Ok now i got the main page, i could login and log out but thats all. I could not check my usage. In the mean time i used shaplus to chk the BW. Ok it worked problem solved. But sometimes even that wdnt work. I got very frustrated when i codnt chk the BW for more than 5 days.Now some how i changes my Popup blocker to medium in zonealarms privacy settings.And guess what..... now i can chk my usage. The setting was to block all popups in Zonealarm , that was the reason i codnt chk my usage in the browser. I Double Chkd it and it was the reason.
If this has been posted before then im sorry , If not i think it will be useful for many.

Charan

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
hey guys i used net from 7:30 to 8:05 today

and the dataone website says i used 87 mb

i downloaded a file then and it ended at 8:01

will this count in the final account

Speed 256 Kbps
2005/11/27 07:14:50
2005/11/27 08:07:30
6859 80799 87658

the above is from the site
???????????????????????????

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
so wat the site shows is wat is used from my comp and the stuff tht is being counted ????

then i wonder wats the use of that man !!!
drgrudge was right bsnl does suck in terms of customer service !!! :evil:

chatterjeesayan

Broken In
Home 250 with unlimited usage.Is it possible?So,why are the other plans?Please let me know more.

If possible pls provide me the link of The Hindu website which says that BSNL is providing FREE downloads for Hme250.

Thanx in advance.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
some buggy meter is doing that for thier online service but they atleaast have good meters for bill uses..

BSNL SUX BIG TIME but thier service is like water here coz none other good plans are vailable...!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@chatterjeesayan,
I cant look for you. But if you have the newspaper of Chennai edition, you can see for yourself.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
come on folks they made it pretty clear naa

"AS APPILICABLE TO OTHER PLANS"

that means they will enabling the unlimited thing from 2-8 am
for plan-250 also (which was previously not there )
thts it !!!

VD17

Journeyman
My total usage for September: 1.9GB... So accordingly, i should get charged an extra 1000 buck or so.
October:1.4GB... approx charge for the extra .4 should be 480 something.
+the rentals for two months.

Ok, now i got my phone bill for the past two months... the charge for september: 383.00 and for october: 450
i'm clueless.. but what the heck.. who cares as long as i get lower-than-usual bills... :D

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
QwertyManiac said:
u must have used the free-usage hours thats y the bill's low, else BSNL isnt a sparer :(

BSNL isn't a sparer for sure. I've got an extra usage bill of 3500 for october and 500 for september.

I calculated my usage manually which shows my usage (excluding happy hours) as some 800 MB for both october and november. And some mixed usages too, but that too wont count that much. I dont download anything bigger at paid usage hours. Only usual browsing. so the usage @ mixed hours may be some 200 or 300 MB at the max.

So i'm gonna give a complaint to my SDE tomorrow.

@drgrudge: will they provide a detailed usage bill on request ?

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
do we have softwares tht can give a live count of the data transfer

the one at shaplus connects to dataone naaa
not like tht maybe something tht can be tweaked to count within the comp

and of course not count from 2-8am

go4saket

Well well well, got a lot of information after having a rough look through this complete thread. Now, as I just got my BB connection yesterday, I still have a few doubts... Plz help.

1. As I got my connection on 26th Nov, will my billing cycle of BB be 26 to 26 or will it be divided on pro rata basis and cycle will continue from 1st to 1st. I asked the same from the guy who came here for the connection and he said that its going to be 26 to 26, but I am not convinced.

2. Can I log on using some one else's user id and password. If yes, will the download size reflect in his account or still in my account. Moreover, what is the use of special telephone numbers then. By just using thir modem and anyones user id and password, you can have a BB connection for your self. Please clearify...

3. What is all about unlimited transfers for 250 Plan. As I have a 250 Plan, does that mean I can download any amount of data anytime...

Please guide...

p_d5010

Journeyman
I saw an add that dataone is providing free broadband internet for 60 days(no installation, rent, registration charges). Is it true or are there any hidden charges?

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I think that there's nothing like unlimited downloading in this scheme. Maybe there are no rentals, but I guess the download limit is certainly applicable. See here *bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=250
They've mentioned the limit for 250plan as well.
But if this really works, where were you all guys when this thing started? Its probably late now.

Top Bottom