** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

quicky008

Technomancer
for FTTH you need different modem. GST is extra.

For your reference look for ONT modem - If you get from BSNL then ONT modem without wifi costs Rs. 12k and with wifi Rs. 14.5k.

paying 14k just for a modem is a staggering amount-it would be a major deterrent for many cash-starved folks like me who are willing to upgrade but simply can't afford to pay such a huge sum for the modem itself.

on sites like FK some ont modems are being sold for 2-5k but their compatibility with bsnl's network is questionable and hence buying them might be risky-bsnl will offer no support if the connection fails to work with some 3rd party modem.

@jackal_79:4k sounds quite reasonable -considering that its an one time investment,one might be tempted to go for it.Which FTTH plan are you using at the moment?Do you get such high speeds as long as you stay within FUP limits (as advertised by bsnl)?Are you also using a telephone with this connection?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
paying 14k just for a modem is a staggering amount-it would be a major deterrent for many cash-starved folks like me who are willing to upgrade but simply can't afford to pay such a huge sum for the modem itself.

on sites like FK some ont modems are being sold for 2-5k but their compatibility with bsnl's network is questionable and hence buying them might be risky-bsnl will offer no support if the connection fails to work with some 3rd party modem.

@jackal_79:4k sounds quite reasonable -considering that its an one time investment,one might be tempted to go for it.Which FTTH plan are you using at the moment?Do you get such high speeds as long as you stay within FUP limits (as advertised by bsnl)?Are you also using a telephone with this connection?
I Am using the 777 plan mentioned above. I get a speed of around 45 to 50. I also got a phone connection as part of the plan. But land phone has to be bought by us separately.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
apart from the 4k for the ont modem,did you have to pay any other additional charges for installation?

Is the installation process for FTH simple and straightforward or is it somewhat complex?Do they provide a separate fibre optic line to the subscriber's home to enable their FTTH service to work properly?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
apart from the 4k for the ont modem,did you have to pay any other additional charges for installation?

Is the installation process for FTH simple and straightforward or is it somewhat complex?Do they provide a separate fibre optic line to the subscriber's home to enable their FTTH service to work properly?
No I didn't pay anything extra. Here Bsnl has outsourced the ftth installation to the local cable TV vendors and they are installing and configuring the ont. So no worries for me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

It was on BSNL's official webpage - as I've not personally used any ONT modem it would be better if someone who have used ONT modem comes forward or we shall create a dedicated thread about FTTH connection and ONT devices.

Anyway, I've some questions of my own to @jackal_79 :

1. BSNL mentioned price of ONT modem with wifi Rs. 14k - the ONT modem provided to you is officially from BSNL ? or it's from local cable operator ?
2. You are paying Rs. 777+28% GST for this connection ?
3. Can you please put the brand and model name of the ONT device ?
4. If possible post a couple of photos of the ONT device.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
1. BSNL mentioned price of ONT modem with wifi Rs. 14k - the ONT modem provided to you is officially from BSNL ? or it's from local cable operator ?

As mentioned previously, BSNL has outsourced the FTTH service to 3rd party local cable operators here. It means they will run the fiber to our homes, provide the ONT device and maintain the fiber.

Yes. My this month bill came around to 1208.I don't have a bill to see the breakup as BSNL has stopped sending paper bill.

It's called Netlink HG323W.
upload_2019-4-23_11-1-37.png

Attachments

• 20190423_102626.jpg
    20190423_102626.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 142

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I am using broadband, and I am paying 18% GST not 28%
That 1208/- doesn't add up. Both data and calls are free in this plan, right?
777 + 18% GST should come to 917/- Unless he is making ISD calls, I don't know what other charges that could bring the bottom number to 1208/-.

Jackal,
They should be sending bills via email, check your inbox. And also you can check your bill online. If you haven't created an online account, create one and check.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
777 + 18% GST should come to 917/- Unless he is making ISD calls, I don't know what other charges that could bring the bottom number to 1208/-.

Jackal,
They should be sending bills via email, check your inbox. And also you can check your bill online. If you haven't created an online account, create one and check.
Thanks. Will check it out.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

As mentioned previously, BSNL has outsourced the FTTH service to 3rd party local cable operators here. It means they will run the fiber to our homes, provide the ONT device and maintain the fiber.

Yes. My this month bill came around to 1208.I don't have a bill to see the breakup as BSNL has stopped sending paper bill.

It's called Netlink HG323W.View attachment 17998

Thanks for posting the much needed info. Really appreciate it

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

Jackal,

Got last month bill today by mail (didn't get previous two months). Here is the break up

Recurring Charges

One Time Charges

Usage Charges

Miscellaneous Charges

Discount

Late Fee

Total Taxable (Rs.)

GST

Total Charges (Rs.)

Reactions: nac

quicky008

Technomancer
My bsnl broadband has been out of commission for over 2 weeks. I have already lodged a complaint about this at their customer care dept. but so far no action has been taken by them to resolve the issue.

The person in charge at the local exchange said that their employees are on strike and as long as it remains in place no calls or requests for service will be attended by them.

When asked how long will the strike continue he said he has no clue and its likely go on for an indefinite period!

I even called their hq in kolkata but they too had no idea when will their damned strike be over, if at all.

This is seriously very annoying - i don't know what to do now, as no seems to care about our predicament and are least bothered about the hassles being experienced by their customers. Also as bsnl is the only reliable broadband provider in our area i just can't give it up right away and opt for some other connection.

Is there any viable alternative to bsnl(eg jio, airtel broadband etc)? Please suggest what should I do about this.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
The hard fact is you will have to live with it. JioFi if available in your area is a good option. See if it works for you.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My bsnl broadband has been out of commission for over 2 weeks. I have already lodged a complaint about this at their customer care dept. but so far no action has been taken by them to resolve the issue.

The person in charge at the local exchange said that their employees are on strike and as long as it remains in place no calls or requests for service will be attended by them.

When asked how long will the strike continue he said he has no clue and its likely go on for an indefinite period!

I even called their hq in kolkata but they too had no idea when will their damned strike be over, if at all.

This is seriously very annoying - i don't know what to do now, as no seems to care about our predicament and are least bothered about the hassles being experienced by their customers. Also as bsnl is the only reliable broadband provider in our area i just can't give it up right away and opt for some other connection.

Is there any viable alternative to bsnl(eg jio, airtel broadband etc)? Please suggest what should I do about this.

this is the reason why I ditched BSNL for not fixing my line for a week time. Enough is enough. The employees who are on strike will get their salary from govt. for sure - what they are doing is now looks like paid vacation.

quicky008

Technomancer
^what is even more infuriating is that neither the person in charge at the local telephone exchange nor the area manager at their head office in kolkata seemed even the least concerned about the woes of their long-time customers-when i confronted the latter the person replied very apathetically that there's nothing that he can do to resolve the matter,so i'd just have to put up with this regardless of how much inconvenience it might cause me-it seemed they were not making even the least effort to restore services and bring this strike to a close.

When i said that if the issue isn't resolved within a week,i would ditch bsnl and go for a different isp he flatly stated that it was my choice and if i wanted i could go ahead and do that! Apparently,even the threat of losing customers doesn't seem to affect them at all,which goes very well to prove how lackadaisical they really are when it comes to customer service and satisfaction (which might explain the heavy losses suffered by them recently).

If i had any other option here then i would have ditched their worthless connection a long time ago-my friends who live near cities have access to cable based internet which is a lot cheaper and faster than bsnl's adsl connection.I dont know what i am going to do now-its been over two weeks with no broadband access and i have started feeling very frustrated.

Are there any other senior officials in their organization that i can contact to escalate the issue?

@topgear : how long has it been since you stopped using bsnl?Which isp are you subscribed to at present? Do isps like airtel,tata sky etc provide any unlimited connectivity options at reasonable rates?

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Not a lot you can do about it. They will fix when they come back to work. If there is no BB for two weeks, you don't have to pay for those period. For this you can do something, write a letter and get it approved by concerned official at your local BSNL office.
I don't know why they're doing strike, but sure it's lot bigger than losing a customer. Now you have learned what you should've done when BB goes kaput for weeks together.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think they care much even if they lose an entire area of customers now. :grin:

BSNL accumulated losses of Rs 90,000 crore: Kotak Institutional Equities

quicky008

Technomancer
^Just goes to show the level of mismanagement and ineptitude that has plagued this organization for a long time.Its surprising that despite suffering such staggering losses, their senior officials are still so nonchalant and don't seem the least concerned about the future of their company.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ they won't - even if there's not a single customer they will get their befits as per govt. norms. So no work equals to vacation for them.

^what is even more infuriating is that neither the person in charge at the local telephone exchange nor the area manager at their head office in kolkata seemed even the least concerned about the woes of their long-time customers-when i confronted the latter the person replied very apathetically that there's nothing that he can do to resolve the matter,so i'd just have to put up with this regardless of how much inconvenience it might cause me-it seemed they were not making even the least effort to restore services and bring this strike to a close.

When i said that if the issue isn't resolved within a week,i would ditch bsnl and go for a different isp he flatly stated that it was my choice and if i wanted i could go ahead and do that! Apparently,even the threat of losing customers doesn't seem to affect them at all,which goes very well to prove how lackadaisical they really are when it comes to customer service and satisfaction (which might explain the heavy losses suffered by them recently).

If i had any other option here then i would have ditched their worthless connection a long time ago-my friends who live near cities have access to cable based internet which is a lot cheaper and faster than bsnl's adsl connection.I dont know what i am going to do now-its been over two weeks with no broadband access and i have started feeling very frustrated.

Are there any other senior officials in their organization that i can contact to escalate the issue?

@topgear : how long has it been since you stopped using bsnl?Which isp are you subscribed to at present? Do isps like airtel,tata sky etc provide any unlimited connectivity options at reasonable rates?

stopped using BSNL on Sept. 2015 - there's no looking back now. I had suffered enough. BSNL won't change because these employees ( most of them actually ) is onto sucking the blood out from their own organization and waste tax payers money. BSNL is on tough competition with JiO and Govt. decided to give 35000 employees early VRS which is only fair.

Anyway, BSNL employees has nice salary packs, unskilled employees mostly so these people don;t want to take VRS because they got habituated to get such perks and benefits. BSNL strike was on FEB 2019 but what they are doing now even I can't understand.

Before leaving BSNL my BB connection on Jan 2015 was having issues ( the whole wire was cut in two pieces ) - they took 5 days to fix it. I knew the local lineman and he was busy in having tea and snacks at BSNL office rather than fixing line - after repeated requests he fixed the like by joining two cut pieces together.

Next again ran into issues and this time they took more than a week but did not fix the like. When I went to local BSNL office the lineman was changed ( area wise ) and this one was even worse than the previous one. Just came to know it from BSNL office staffs - this fellow Sanjay was not fixing even a damn line. With service and attitude like this BSNL employees are expecting just too much.

BTW, lodge a complain here. Things will move :
CPGRAMS-Home

quicky008

Technomancer
Filed a complaint on CPGRAMs but i am not very hopeful as to whether they'll be able to offer any assistance in this situation,if at all.

Last year when i was defrauded by a seller on ebay,who sold me a fake corsair ram i had lodged a complaint on CPGRAMS but they closed the case citing that ebay had claimed that i didn't send them "the original documents on time",which is complete and utter rubbish as i had sent them all the documents well before their specified date.

At any rate,if there's even the slimmest chance that they might do something to resolve the situation,then i look forward to it,as i don't have any other avenues to turn to for assistance right now.

Top Bottom